ㅤㅤLIVENLIE : HOW TO JOIN

ㅤㅤLIVENLIE : THE BAND [RECRUITING MEMBERS]
tumblr_pjh7b7TOW21r3hdhfo2_540.png
live &
lie
"LIVENLIE IS MY LIFE. WHAT AM I WITHOUT THEM?"
 
interviews
Unfortunately, the band you all know and love may be on the verge of breaking up. livenlie has currently announced a hiatus after multiple rather shady incidents revolving around its members. What's the future of livenlie? ...
WHAT'S THE PLOT OF LIVENLIE?
the plot of livenlie follows the journey of the band "livenlie" through their rise to fame, their explosive downfall, and the aftermath. it is currently slated for 20 chapters give or take. the chronology of the story will be completely thrown out the window and it will hop between times. 

the story itself takes place in a a place like san fransokyo in big hero 6. there are east asian and american elements. culture definitely leans more toward the american side of things and it's an extension of the us. demographic is primarily east asian.
WHAT'S THE BAND'S DOWNFALL ?
this isn't something i'll completely disclose atm, but it happens on new years eve 2023 going into 2024. it'll be discord from within the group that brings them down. the downfall is both personal issues within the group and industry failure. the story's second timeline picks up in that following january.
so it'll be pretty dark then. how dark can we go ?
i'm not saying that there's some mafia/yakuza boss going on in this story .. more like the worst of the worst of human nature. you can go down some darker routes for your character but .. be realistic and mindful? and always use proper trigger warnings before potentially disturbing content.
what kind of characters are required ?
you will be applying as a member of livenlie. here are some things that you should consider for your application :
+ age ranges should not be any younger than 16 or older than 18 in 2018. 
+ behavior differences between the band's debut in 2018 and their current state in 2024.*** (v important pls don't neglect this. it doesn't have to be major but they should be different.)
+ their history with the band/instrument. (they don't have to be a prodigy at the instrument but how did they go about learning to play? what motivated them to be on board for livenlie?)
+ cohesive personality section that is in-depth and not without flaws and general realistic traits.
+ a cringy stage name because !! trhey were edgy teens when they became big !!

other than that, you can really include whatever else you think helps to build them as a character. there's no set application so feel free to code or look for one that you like. i don't care how much or little you include as long as i understand your character completely.
WHAT IS TAKEN ?
do kyungsoo as a face claim.
the position of bassist.

** keep in mind that there are no set positions for the band, so whatever position you feel inspired for, write for it ! whether it's a drummer, a manager, a singer, or a mixer. i would just prefer if we kept only one bassist !
FACE CLAIMS I RECOMMEND FOR THIS FIC : 
exo ! but esp. sehun(!!!!), kai, chen, chanyeol, and baekhyun
nct. esp. taeil, yuta, and jaehyun
red velvet. esp. seulgi
monsta x. esp kihyun and shownu
pristin. esp rena, eunwoo, and xiyeon
male models : jang jinsung, jung hyuk, kim dongkyu(!), lee sein(!!), lee seyoung(!!), ryu sanghee, yang seunghwan(!), jin dachuan, nishida ryoya, suda masaki, nomura shuhei
female models : wu i-hua(!), fernanda ly, jaclyn yang(!!!), yue han(!!), lee yoko, rosa kim(!), byung jeongha




 
FAQ.
all questions asked by applicants will be put here.
CAN I STILL USE MY OLD APP FROM PREVIOUSLY ?
yes. if you've applied already, you can either have me review it or submit a new character. just let me know ! 
what's an estimate of the story's timeline ?
the first arc of the story takes place from 2017/2018 (the band's creation/discovery) through december 31, 2023. the second arc of the story picks up january 1, 2024 and continues the band's story. the story will flip between these two times. 
does edison have any siblings ? can we make our character a sibling of his ?
edison does not have any planned siblings at the moment. feel free to make a character that's related to him !
more specifics on the story's location ?
so the actual hometown of the band is within a fiction extension of america called "new cali". it has a very east-meets-west culture because of the demographic of people who live there (aka, primarily east asian immigrants). while it takes place in america, i'm going to take a few liberties with the industry and cultural aspects because .. this is a work of fiction and i love convenient lapses in logic for the sake of plot lol.
did the band come together just because they were a bunch of teens who were scarily good at playing instruments ? was it more of a k-industry kind of prep for a debut ?
livenlie came about as an idea among a group of friends. some members could already play instruments and were in the friend group, others had to be recruited. this is a factor that depends on the final lineup ! but really, they start off as a band playing in clubs and bars and coffee shops that goes viral and eventually gets picked up. they don't really go through a kpop industry training regimen. 
what's the band's genre ?
it's very .. indie alt rock. i envision more electronic aspects to their sound, but it can shift depending on what positions people apply for. i would definitely look to the 1975 (the biggest insp for their sound), songs like pheonix amadeus mozart's "1901", two door cinema's "what you know", and drug restaurant's "mistake". 
does the band have a lot of cultural influences from where they grew up ?
absolutely. it's most obvious in their fashion which is very la street style with tokyo street style with some seoul street style .. for songs, i imagine some songs that are bilingual and combine both english and the vocalist's language preference. there are also some sound influences that come from the east and west (ex. the 1975, one ok rock, hello sleepwalkers, and walk the moon)
do all the members have a part in production, lyric writing, etc ?
as of right now, yes. instrumentals are created through individual creation and group idea bouncing. couple members work on lyrics and they all put it together. though, as the story progresses, this freedom gradually begins to decline. 
what is the attitude toward lgbt+ folk in the story ?
the hometown of the band still has some ways to go in terms of acceptance, but as they grow bigger in the industry, the overwhelming reception is going to be positive or just general acceptance.