2. In the depth

Tears Falling Like Today
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He taps his fingers repeatedly on the desk, anxiously biting his lower lip as he lingers his nervous eyes on the man before him. 

 

The principal is looking at all the papers with a scrutinizing gaze, reading everything very carefully and thoroughly. The elder man is fixing his spectacles once in a while, a habit that is not unknown and students often imitate his habit to make fun of him when he's not around. 

 

Donghae knows it well because he used to do it too when he studied here. But he has been absent for the past six months and he wonders if anything has changed at all. 

 

The principal puts the file down and rests his arms on the desk, clasping them together in a serious but relaxed manner. Donghae takes it as a que to relax himself and waits for what the principal has to say. 

 

"Are you sure you can manage?" the principal asks finally. His voice is somehow gentle and Donghae is a bit surprised. As he recognizes the look in the man's eyes, his fists clench slightly under the table but he attempts to put up his act of being calm. He is quite good at it so he's sure that Mr. Lee will be convinced. 

 

"Yes," Donghae answers, a reassuring polite smile on his face, "I'll try my best to make up for what I've missed."

 

The principal narrows his eyes slightly, "You've missed six months of classes and tons of assignments. Do you think you can finish all the assignments in time before graduation? It'll be a hard task."

 

Donghae nods his head confidently, "I believe I can if I try."

 

Mr. Lee nods in understanding, "Okay, then you can join classes from today. You'll still be considered as a scholar student so you should work hard. It won't be wise to miss any more classes."

 

Donghae smiles at the man, "Thanks for letting me continue here, sir. I have another request."

 

"What is it?" The principal fixes his glasses on his nose again. 

 

"If it's possible, I'd like to ask something of you."

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk scrunches his eyebrows in annoyance. The noise around him is making his head throb. A frown is etched onto his forehead deeply and he only tries to shut his eyes even more. 

 

Trying to block out the noise, he tries to sleep. His eyes are struggling to keep themselves open because class is about to start soon. He spent another sleepless night last night and the insomnia is growing on him. 

 

Choco is alone at home and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter