Prologue

Tears Falling Like Today
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Heechul sighs loudly as he notices that it’s already 12 o’clock. He feels so tired that he doesn’t think he can even drive himself home. His muscles are aching and his back is hurting from all the extra work he has done today.

 

He really needs a good amount of sleep or else he won’t be able to do his job properly tomorrow. Being a doctor, he is always busy attending to patients and performing surgeries. Some days he can’t even to go home but he doesn’t really complain because he loves his profession.

 

With a tired sigh, Heechul takes off his white coat and folds it nicely before carrying it over his forearm. He takes his bag from his desk and walks out of his office before proceeding to leave the hospital.

 

“Good night, Dr. Kim. Please, have a nice rest. You really need it,” a nurse bids him goodbye on his way out.

 

Despite being tired, Heechul smiles sweetly at her, “Thanks, Jessica. You should go home too.”

 

When Heechul reaches his car, he is tempted for a moment to just call a cab because he has no energy to drive but on a second thought, he changes his mind.

 

The drive from the hospital to his apartment is not that long. It’s just a ten minute long way. But as soon as he gets into his car, it starts pouring suddenly.

 

Heechul groans, “Now this ing rain! Goddammit!”

 

Deciding that he needs to reach home before the roads get too slippery, Heechul starts the car.

 

It’s a quiet night. Eerily quiet to be honest and something gives Heechul chills. There’s no car or any other vehicles at this time of the night and also the heavy rain makes the night seem even darker. The headlights of his car are his only companion.

 

When he is almost near his apartment, Heechul suddenly sees something lying on the middle of the road and abruptly halts his car.

 

“!” he curses as he realizes that it’s a person and quickly unbuckles his seatbelt before scrambling out of his car.

 

He runs to the person, hissing at the contact of the cold water against his skin but his first priority is the stranger because Heechul is afraid that the person may die if even a second is wasted. As a doctor, he always prioritizes a pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter