Just One Look

One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung eyes the large pile of snacks on the counter. It was all a mix of completely random things. No matter how much he tries, Taehyung can’t find any correlation. Just like the previous times.

The guy standing in front of him looks bored as he picks at his cuticles, tapping his feet to a rhythm only he can hear.

“Are you sure you want to buy all these?” Taehyung asks just like he asked the previous times.

The guy stops tapping his foot and looks up at Taehyung. He doesn’t say anything, just nods like all the previous times.

Taehyung eyes the pile suspiciously one last time before sighing and starts to scan the barcodes one by one. The only sound that can be heard in the store is the soft ring of the machine and the monotonous taps made by the guy.

This guy had Taehyung’s immediate attention the moment he walked in. This guy with dark black hair was not Taehyung’s type at all, yet the young cashier couldn’t help but follow the guy with his eyes discreetly. The guy just bought one pack of cigarettes and left without making any sound.

Taehyung helps out at the small store two days a week during midnight hours. He doesn’t get much customers during then. So he never expected to see the guy again.

But the guy came back after two weeks. Once again the guy bought a pack of cigarettes in silence. After that the guy would return every week at midnight just to buy a pack of cigarettes.

It went on like this for some time until Taehyung memorized every small detail of his face from watching him in secret. Then one week instead of one pack of cigarette, Taehyung found himself staring at a trolley full of cup ramen.

Taehyung blinked in confusion. The looked at the guy for confirmation but he had his attention elsewhere. So Taehyung went back to the trolley full of ramen cups, all different flavors from different companies.

“Um…” Taehyung starts, holding one of the cup ramen in confusion. “You want all these?”

The guy stares at him for some time. Then he nods.

“Are you sure?”

The guy nods again.

Maybe he’s having friends over at his house.

But at 3 o’ clock in the morning?

But it’s none of Taehyung’s business so he quietly starts scanning the items one by one. The total amount makes the college student winch. But he relays the amount to the guy.

The guy takes his wallet out and hands it over to Taehyung. The he leaves with his two bag full of cup ramens.

Two minutes later the guy is back. This time to buy the pack of cigarette.

This happens next week as well. This time it’s a trolley full of toilet paper. All from different companies and different sizes.

Maybe someone has explosive diarrhea?

Taehyung asks him again if he is sure. The guy shuffles around and adds the pack of cigarettes last minute.

This continues happening. One week it would be a wide range of candies then the other it is sanitary products, snacks, drinks. It goes to the point that Taehyung is worried for the guy’s w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter