Fading Under The Moonlight

Fading Under The Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are you?"

I was driving my car and about to go home. I remember that it is our 12th year anniversary so I need something special to bring home for today.

My phone suddenly buzzed and at the same time, I waited for the green light to signal go. I unlocked my phone to see the message.

"Appa, where are you?"

4 years ago

"Minhyuk oppa! Where are you?" she called.

"I'm still in the office and about to go home. Are you still in your office so that I will fetch you?" I replied.

"No, no, I am fine. Maybe I will have an overnight work. Take care of our children. I love you" she assured.

"Are you sure that you will have an overnight work?" I asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about me. Haha! Sunmi told me that she will drive me home" she replied.

"Take care of yourself, I love you" I said.

"I love you too and to our children" she said and the call was ended.

I was snapped back to reality when I heard an incoming call and the green light signaled go.

"Is there any problem, Minyeol?" I asked.

"Appa, Minju is asking to buy her a fruit cake while the twins wants chocolates and also the twins are quarreling again" he replied.

"I'll be home just wait for me" I told him.

"APPA! MINHEE AND MINHYUN ARE REALLY LOUD!" I heard Minju's protest over the call.

"Minyeol, are you still there?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm still here and I tried to stop them" he replied.

"Wait, I'll call you later" I said and ended the phone call.

I headed to a dessert and pastries shop. While I am searching for their wants, my phone rings and answered the call.

"YAH! Where are you?" she asked. "The kids are really loud"

"I'm in a shop and buy their wants like chocolates, fruit cake and your favorite" I replied.

"Hurry up" she said. "Its our anniversary remember?"

"Yes, Moon Byulyi!" I replied and ended the phone call.

After I bought their favors, I ride to my car and started to drive. While driving, I'm still thinking why this road doesn't have enough lights. It is like only the moon serves as the light to us. I opened the gate as soon as I arrived and parked my car to the garage. I entered to our house and wonder why it is dark. I called my wife and children's names and no one answered.

"Minyeol, Minju, Minhyun, Minhee, Appa is already here!" I called them again. "Moonbyul?"

The lights and I saw them on the dining table handing a gifts.

"Surprise!!!" they said. 

"Appa! Why did you take so long?" Minju asked me. Minyeol helped me to place the foods to the table.

"Oh, I'm sorry, it is because of the traffic a while ago" I replied.

"Appa, did you find--"

"Minhee-yah!" Minhyun called her twin sister who is about to asked me. "Help us"

"Minhyuk-oppa, they're really waiting for you, Minhee almost fell asleep. They quarreled because Minhyun annoyed her" Moonbyul said. "I'll go to our room"

"Children, you must eat now. I'll go to our room" I excused. "Jinri-ssi, please watch over my children. You can ask the others to assist you"

Jinri nodded and the children followed my instruction. I entered to our room and I saw her sitting in the bed. I sat beside her and break the silence that will fill our room.

"What's wrong, Moonbyul?" I asked her.

"Nothing's wrong. I miss you so much" she replied and smiled at me. "Happy 12th Anniversary, Minhyuk Oppa!"

"Happy 12th Anniversary, Moonbyul" I kissed her in the forehead and smiled at her. She hugged me and I heard her sob. I released from the hug and wiped her tears.

"Why are you sobbing?" I asked her and plastered a smile on my face. Actually, I am also about to cry but I tried to be strong.

"Nothing, I am very happy that I am still with you. I am so lucky that you never let go and I have you. Our relationship did not fall apart. I am very speechless" she replied. 

"Me too, I am very thankful and lucky to have you. Thank you that you never let go. I always love you until the end of our time" I said and kissed her hand.

"Minhyuk-oppa, shall we go to a place where we can have a date?" she asked. "I want to have a special day with you under the moonlight"

"Sure! I'm going to fix my---"

"You don't have to fix yourself. You are the most handsome man I ever know aside from my father" she giggled.

"So shall we go?" I asked.

I stood and offer my hand to help her stand. We went out of our room and told Jinri to take care of our children.

"Can we take Jinri to our date?" she asked when we were in the garage. "Please"

I asked myself why did she call it a date if she wants Jinri to join us?

"Uhmm, nevermind. Just prepare the car and I'll talk to Jinri for a while" she informed and she went inside our house again.

I opened the gate and waited her inside our car. Maybe after 2 minutes, she came and enter the car.

"I'll lead you the way" she told me.

I drove my care and listened to her. The way she took and instruct

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter