Final

Afternoon Haircut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Reading^^

They were lying on the bedroom floor together, textbooks spread open in front of them. The sun against the window cast a warm rectangle of light into the room. Not a cloud shadowed the lazy blue sky, and the near empty house was enveloped in a relaxed silence.

Kyungsoo lay propped up on one elbow, trying to concentrate on a particularly stubborn calculus problem. He could hear the gentle scritch of a pencil across from him as Jongin worked. Pushing an errant lock of hair away from his eyes, he stared down at the densely printed page. The symbols before him seemed to writhe like snakes. Kyungsoo sighed and rubbed his weary eyes.

He sensed a sudden presence on his right, and looked up to find Jongin settling next to him. "It gets repetitive?" Jongin said. "Maybe we should take a break."

Kyungsoo grunted, tossing his pencil down. "Are you feeling hungry? I can make us a snack."

Jongin tilted his head and smiled. "That would be very nice, Soo."

***

They sat in the kitchen, munching on pancakes and down chocolate milkshakes. Jongin's impressive appetite was undiminished,he devoured half a plate in two minutes. Kyungsoo liked watching him eat, happily absorbed and totally unselfconscious. Jongin ate with joyous, as if each bite were the most delicious he had ever tasted. Despite his enthusiasm, however, Jongin managed to be astoundingly neat. Kyungsoo didn't even have the opportunity to casually brush sticky crumbs from Jongin's face.

"You know," Jongin announced, glancing slyly at him, "someone's going to marry you just for your cooking."

"Shut up already," Kyungsoo growled but smile sheepishly anyway. He attempted a severe frown and bent his head over his plate, allowing his dark hair to screen his eyes from view. He speared a fragment of pancake with his fork and pushed it into a small puddle of honey.

"Your hair's getting long, Soo." Jongin's slim fingers reached out to a loose strand.

"No chance to do anything about it yet," Kyungsoo said, glancing up through his bangs. He did not move his head away. "Been too busy with work."

Jongin met his gaze with wide, unblinking eyes. "Sometimes I used to cut my grandmother's hair for her. Would you like me to do yours?"

They stared at each other for a long moment. Kyungsoo flashed on the sensation of slim phantom fingers being drawn through his hair, tracing their way lightly across his scalp.

"Sure," he said, with hardly a pause.

Jongin only slid a sideways smile at him.

***

The steady scissoring of the blades broke the afternoon stillness. Occasionally there was the touch of cold metal against the back of Kyungsoo's neck. Drifts of hair fell past his nose to land on the white sheet draping him. He shifted in the kitchen chair, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter