Junhoe&Rose Pt.1: Opposites

YG Family One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chaeyoung and Gu Junhoe couldn't be anymore different.

Chaeyoung was born in New Zealand and grew up in Australia. She is a devout Protestant, often volunteering at the local church and even joining the church choir. She goes to the church every Sunday, praying for a successful training and debut with YG Entertainment. She prays for her family back home in Australia, and even prays for fellow trainees in her group, Jisoo, Jennie and Lisa. She practices her vocals everyday, and steers clear of any foods or activities which might negatively affect her vocal chords. Chaeyoung is the youngest in her family, but she was mature, calm, wise beyond her age, and independent. Chaeyoung spent her younger years in church.

Junhoe was born and raised in South Korea. Like Chaeyoung, he was raised a Protestant, but the difference is he never stepped a foot in church as soon as he became a trainee with YG Entertainment. The only reason he ever visited church was because his mother forced him to. He goes to nightclubs every Sunday nights, dancing and drinking until early morning (at least that was what Chaeyoung heard). He knows he's talented and good-looking, and doesn't feel the need to practice because he "has star quality". Junhoe is the youngest in his family and he acts like it; he is a mama's boy, he's selfish, messy, and spoiled. Junhoe spent his younger years 

Chaeyoung and Junhoe don't have anything in common. Except for their joint vocal class with Coach Choi Won Seok.

All trainees in YG Entertainment were obliged to join vocal classes, with weekly sessions with Coach Choi. The coach categorizes the trainees -- boys and girls -- into several groups depending on skills because it would be easier for Coach Choi to keep track of their progress. Chaeyoung and Junhoe just happen to be the top 2 vocalists among trainees, and were grouped together for the vocal classes.

Chaeyoung and Junhoe's vocal class with Coach Choi was on Mondays, and it was a day that both the trainees would like to quickly get over with.

You see, the two trainees don't get along. Chaeyoung disliked Junhoe, and the feeling was mutual. Chaeyoung loathed Junhoe because of his inability to be mature and his lack of seriousness towards their training process. Junhoe always came late and unprepared, yet he always wowed Coach Choi.

Meanwhile, Junhoe detested Chaeyoung because she was too uptight. She always scolded Junhoe for coming late and coming unprepared, and refused to acknowledge the latter's talents.

But they had to keep their hatred to themselves, because impressing Coach Choi and YG directors was a priority for both Chaeyoung and Junhoe. Debuting came before hatred.

This particular Monday, however, was particularly dreadful. Coach Choi announced that the trainees would sing a duet or within a group for the next evaluation. This meant that Chaeyoung and Junhoe had to practice together.

"So you two can choose any song you want," Coach Choi told Chaeyoung and Junhoe. "You have a week to practice, and make sure you do well because you two are the best vocalists in your teams."

Chaeyoung and Junhoe looked at each other in disgust.

"You mean I have to work with this goody-two shoes??" Junhoe pointed sideways at Chaeyoung

"Hey! Watch it, mama's boy! I don't want to work with you either!" Chaeyoung clapped back.

"Settle down, you two. You've been coming to vocal training together. A duet will be nothing," Coach Choi said. He didn't look up from the sheet music he set on top of his electric keyboard to see how disgusted the two trainees were with this announcement, glaring at one another in between the unison of protests. "Now run along, I have more training to do."

No matter how much Chaeyoung and Junhoe both disliked the arrangement, they had no choice.

---

"What took you so long!"

Chaeyoung had been waiting for Junhoe for almost 2 hours. They had agreed to meet to choose a song for their duet and practice. The agreement was simple enough; meet at the studio at 3pm, and a suggestion of 3 songs for the duet.

Junhoe, however, arrived at the studio at 5pm. To make matters worse, the tall boy had no song choice prepared.

"I overslept. Also, I didn't prepare any songs," Junhoe said nonchalantly as he took a seat on a sofa. He took out his phone from the pocket of his trousers and slouched on the sofa. Then, without a word, he started playing his phone.

Chaeyoung was baffled. She was so angry by the boy's rude attitude, but she had to keep her eye on the prize: Impress the vocal coach and YG directors in next week's evaluation. So she took a deep breath and closed her eyes to stop herself from snapping at Junhoe.

"Okay," Chaeyoung said slowly with her eyes still closed, "that's fine. I've prepared three songs and I want you to tell me what you think about them."

"Sure," Junhoe said, still in his slouching position with his fixated on his phone.

"First is Beauty and the Beast," Chaeyoung said, stealing a glan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter