Bobby&Jisoo: Comfortable

YG Family One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All her life, Kim Jisoo has been told she was pretty. And it wasn't just her parents; it was her friends, her teachers, the lady who she helped cross the street, the kid she babysat, and even the bus driver. She was known for being pretty, but she hated it. She wanted to prove that she was more than just a pretty face. She wanted to sing.

When YG Family offered her a contract, they initially wanted her to model. Modelling was a job where she would only need to stay pretty. She hated even the idea of it.

"No," Jisoo told YG's directors, "I want to sing."

When YG representatives declined her demand, she stood up to leave the room. She didn't look back. Luckily, a company representative called the next day to say that they were willing to fulfill her request. She visited the building again and the rest was history.

Little did she know that this was just the beginning of the journey. She had to undergo years of rigorous training to the point of almost giving up. She faced criticism of her singing. Directors scolded her for her lack of energy when dancing.The training was harsh, but she enjoyed her journey because no one told her she was pretty, and no one treated her special because of her appearance. She pushed herself to improve until one day the directors finally told her, "Good job today, Jisoo. Keep it up."

Everyone was focused towards one goal: To improve and become good enough to debut.

Jisoo was practicing dance moves with fellow female trainees Jennie, Lisa and Rose in the basement of the YG building when a director knocked the door. The girls turned off the music and bowed as the director entered.

"Jisoo," the female director said, "tomorrow you'll be shooting a music video with Lee Hayi and Suhyun."

Jisoo was surprised by the announcement, her eyes widening in shock. She bowed as a gesture of confirmation and said, "I will work hard."

When the director left, the girls started screaming in joy. This was quite a big deal for trainees. You see, all the other female trainees in her group had been given this type of opportunity, while Jisoo had been kept in the dark for the longest time. Jennie had featured in Jiyong's album and even made an appearance in his music video, Rose was also featured in Jiyong's album, while Lisa modeled for YG products and danced in Taeyang's music video. Although Jisoo had modeling gigs here and there, she had never been asked to work with other YG artists.

This opportunity was only given to trainees who had shown massive improvement as a gesture of encouragement from the YG directors to keep up the good work. It was also rumored that trainees who was given the opportunity to work with YG artists are set to debut; it was an unwritten contract.

Her fellow trainees screamed in unison. It was so loud that Jisoo could only hear several words consisting of "Oh my god!", "Unnie!", "Congratulations!" and "I love you!".

Jisoo, too, was happy.

--

Bobby Kim was proud of the lyrics he had written for Lee Hayi and Suhyun's song. And for him to be given this role -- the handsome heartbreaker that two girls were fighting over -- was flattering. All his life, Bobby was teased for his appearance. His crooked buck teeth and his slanted eyes was often the target of endless teasing from his friends.

However, Bobby was always told that he was talented; that his rapping and songwriting skills were undeniable. So he never listened to a word people said; he had always been proud of himself. Now, Bobby was considered handsome, so now it was time to ace this.

Bobby was invited to shoot the music video with the girls and he was excited. He had grown close to the two best friends over the years and considered them his little sisters. So when he arrived on set, they warmly welcomed him before proceeding to for his handsomeness.

"Oh my god our handsome Bobby oppa is here!" Hayi teased playfully. "Suhyun, he's mine!"

"Unnie, go away! He's mine!" Suhyun followed suit. They then proceeded to jokingly play tug of war using Bobby's arms.

Bobby always had fun with the two girls and he was more than happy to spend a full three days with them to shoot the video. But that day, Bobby was in for a surprise.

The crew announced that a female trainee would participate in the shoot as well. She was here today to watch, but would start filming in the last and final day. The crew introduced the three of them to the female trainee, Kim Jisoo, who bowed politely to the three of them and told them that she would work hard.

Bobby had met Jisoo plenty of times. During the monthly evaluation, all trainees -- girls and boys alike -- would gather at the biggest training room in the YG building to showcase their newest dance moves and vocal improvements. It was during these sessions that Bobby first met Jisoo. Since then, Bobby always paid attention to the girl with the cheerful smile.

The group that Jisoo was in consisted of four talented and attractive girls, but Bobby couldn't keep his eyes off Jisoo; she was the hardest working trainee in her group. She was the oldest member in the team, but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter