Epilogue: Him

Love Scenario

I sat myself down in front of my desktop and put my headphones on. I clicked the ‘play’ button on the desktop screen with my mouse. The song came on and it was iKON’s Love Scenario. 

 

•We met and we loved•

•It has become a long lasting memory•

 

Okay...I didn’t remember having this song in my library. I hate pop songs so, obviously this is not my cup of tea.

 

Oh wait......she did add the song in my library. 

 

Oh what the heck...I’m just going to listen to it anyway. It’s not like it’ll affect me, right?

 

As the song goes, I browsed my folders. Damn, a lot to arrange. I decided to arrange all of the pictures in my desktop according to folders. Pictures of baby me, teenager me, my parents, my friends.....and her.

 

I clicked at one picture. It was a picture of her, blowing candles on a cake. It was her birthday. I recalled the times where I surprised her with that cake and a bouquet of lilies on that day. She was so upset because her boss decided to make her stay for the night shift so, I went to her workplace that night to surprise her after I was done with my work. I remembered how hard it was to remember her favourite flower because she told me she hated roses when I first gave her a bouquet of roses. I cursed at myself realizing how dumb I was back then for not knowing her favourite flowers.

 

The song has finished and the next one played. It was Day6’s You Were Beautiful. Strums of guitar were heard as the song started.

 

•What I’m saying now•

•Us, again•

•To begin again is not what I wanted•

 

Okay, I honestly didn’t remember having this song in my library either.

 

Maybe she did add it? She knew how much I hate idol pop songs but then I remembered...

 

“I know how much you hate me fangirling over idols but this band is so good! They’re an idol band but better!” She exclaimed in our text. Yes, I swear I could hear her voice screaming, telling me how good the band is in that text. So, as her boyfriend at that time, I gave it a shot. Whoa...this band is good. I agreed with her and that was when we found something in common in our music preferences. She knew how much I loved rock music and I could see why she suggested me that.

 

•You were beautiful•

•The way you looked at me•

•The way you called me•

 

I clicked on the next picture. It was a video of me singing ‘Little Things’ to her for our anniversary. I remembered that moment clearly. I did not do much on that day as both of us were busy with our work. So, I only took her out for a night drive and stopped by at a park. After I parked the car, I switched on the radio and sang along to One Direction’s Little Things. Well...I do hate idols but this song is actually of my favorites. At least when we were together though. I sang the song to her and all I could see was how soft and shiny her eyes were as she looked at me. I still could remember how sweet her scent was when we hugged. How delicate her voice was when she called my name when we bid our goodbyes that night.

 

•I want no more•

•The moments you gave me•

•Everything, everything•

•It’s all in the past•

•You were very beautiful•

 

I sighed unconsciously. I clicked ‘next’ again. The next one was a picture of her, standing next to huge tree, while tucking in few strands of her hair behind her right ear. She did not realize that I was taking her picture secretly that time.

 

I honestly thought she was beautiful in that picture. The way she was busy looking at the ground while tucking in her hair. Not looking at me. This was one of the best pictures that I have captured of her. It was candid and natural. Just like how I fell in love with her.

 

I right-clicked the mouse and the button ‘delete’. A pop-up showed up. 

 

Do I really need to delete all of these? I loved her and that’s all in the past, right?

 

I clicked ‘delete’.

 

Done. 

 

We met and we fell in love.

 

That was all we did and I loved her sincerely.