Love Scenario: Her

Love Scenario

‘It is a good day to go out today’ I said to myself. I made my way to my room to get myself ready. I laid out a white blouse and a denim skinny pants. Perfect. I put those on myself and combed my hair. Now, I am all ready.

I made my way to the park with a book in my hand. My favourite. Eleanor and Park. Well, it’s not really my favorite, it was his. Oh crap, why am I bringing his fave? Anyway, it’s not that we went through a bad breakup. We just wanted our space.

 Yup. Space.

I found an empty bench at the park and sat myself down. It was a good spot. I could see the lake and the view...it’s so mesmerizing. There was a couple walking in front of me, being all lovey dovey with each other. The man was stealing his girlfriend’s cotton candy and of course, the girl got mad and then, he kissed her on the lips. She blushed a little and her lips curled into a smile instantly.

I caught myself smiling at the scenario. It reminded me of him. How he used to steal small kisses whenever I got mad at him for stealing my ice cream. How he hated it when my lips pouted in anger and planted his warm lips on mine just to make me smile. How he waited in front of my office just to send me food to make sure I have my dinner when I had to work till late night. How warm his hands were when he intertwined his hands in mine.

Oh no. No. No. Just read this book. Maybe it’ll help to shake whatever thoughts I have about him.

I opened my book. Ugh...I just cannot concentrate on the words I was reading. Even the contents of the book reminded me of the memories that I had with him.

I stood up and decided to walk around the park. As I was walking. I saw another couple. The guy was playing his guitar, serenading his girl to ‘Little Things’. This too...reminded me of him. He used to sing that for me in his car. How his eyes sparkled as he sang to me, how hard he was convincing me that I was the only person that he loved in the world.

That was all before. When we dated. When we loved each other. When we loved each other’s warmth. When we loved having each other’s company. After all, we did what we were supposed to do, right? We met and we loved sincerely.