Two: Reached Your Heart (Steps 6 to 10)

10 Ways To Make A Girl Say Yes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#6 Talk less and listen more to what she has to say.

He brought two banana milk cartons with him while looking for his woman. He was dead worried when Hyoyeon, one of her close friends, texted him twenty minutes ago saying that Joohyun did not attend one of her classes. It was unlikely of her to skip a class so if she did, he knew there was something bothering her.

He looked for her at the cafeteria, the music room, the student council office, school garden, and even in the girl's comfort room. Good thing there was no one around when he did that or else he would end up being in the school paper. He tried texting and calling her but her phone was off. He looked at his watch – ten minutes before his next class would start. They have a major quiz for that subject but his Hyunnie needs him.

Doesn't matter if I fail that quiz, I'll ace the next one.

He was already at his wits' end when he suddenly remembered the only place in the campus he didn't search. Right! How can I forget about that? He thought to himself.

He was briskly walking upstairs and his hunch was right – she was in the rooftop. Her back was facing him and she didn't even feel his presence. He carefully walked towards her and sat beside her.

“Juri unnie got into an accident a week ago,” he heard her voice after a long silence. Before he could say anything, she continued. “Imo said she was coming home from work when a truck collided with her car. The driver was drunk. My unnie… s-she was brought to the intensive care unit and the driver… he only suffered from minor injuries. And earlier, Imo called. S-she said… unnie died after falling into a coma. It was so unfair. Why does my unnie need to be the one to be dead?”

He heard her sobs and he immediately gathered her in his arms. He leaned her head in his shoulders as he felt her tears on the crook of his neck. His heart breaks for the girl in his embrace. Her Juri unnie… he knew her because she always talks about her. Among her cousins in her mother’s side, she was the closest to her. Juri took her under her wings and they got each other’s backs. And now, her favorite unnie is gone. He doesn’t know the right words to say to her, so he just comforts her in a way he knows.

“Unnie… she has so many dreams for herself and Imo. She hasn’t even given her parents the house she wants to build for them. We even planned to travel the world together with our boyfriends. She wants to have a beautiful love story, marry someone she loves and then have kids later on. It’s a pity that everything is taken away from her,”

“No matter what I say right now, I know it’ll be just words. But one thing I know, everything will be fine. Not now, but later. It’s okay to grieve, but not for too long. I’m sure your unnie will want you to live happily. Remember what they say? The one who gets left behind, must live to the full.”

She was still sobbing while listening to him. They stared at the view in front of them while he lightly runs his hand on her back. He remained silent and turned his head to look at the beautiful face of the person he fell in love with despite her puffy eyes due to crying earlier. He noticed the shadows under her eyes have become undeniably bigger, her eyes are like slits, and she looked thinner. When he was sure she has nothing to say anymore, he gave her the milk carton. “I am sorry for your loss, Hyunnie. I wish I could tell you that I’ll fix this to make the situation better, but it’s impossible. All I can offer you is my comfort. If there is something that I can do to help, please let me know.”

He wiped the tears that fell in her eyes. He sighed in relief when she smiled at him, “Thank you Oppa, for everything.”

He only smiled. He understood.

---

#7 Prepare surprises, even if it’s a little one.

The heavens must be playing with Seo Joohyun as her day was full of mishaps. Her alarm clock died in the middle of the night – the reason why she needed to rush to get ready, it’s her first day and she ran out of pads, her bike’s tire was flat, an A minus for a surprise quiz they had earlier, the list could go on. With a scowl on her face, she unlocks her locker to get her books only to be astounded with the amount of flower petals she found inside. White and pink frangipanis adorned her locker.

“Here’s a little surprise for my favorite girl. They say you can give frangipanis to cheer up someone. These are your favorite, right? I hope this makes you smile.

PS. Stop scowling already. A smile on your face suits you better.” the note she found read.

It made her feel a lot better, as she caressed a petal with her dainty fingers with a smile on her face. Little did she know, a man grinned widely as his little surprise was a total success.

---

#8 Do a thing you’ve never done before.

Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin look on as they followed their hyung’s movements with their eyes. Jungshin is barely holding on his temper and when Yonghwa started to freak out once again because of an unknown reason, he raised his voice which he seldom does. “Hyung!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter