One: A Step Closer (Steps 1 to 5)

10 Ways To Make A Girl Say Yes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Yonghwa felt someone nudge his arm when he was lying on the grass comfortably – it was Jungshin. He threw a glare at him and pointed at his phone to show that he was doing something important like staring at the picture of the love of your life.

"Hyung, you might not want to glare at me that way,"

"Oh why?" he looked away from him and stared at his wallpaper once again and just like magic, a smile crept up on his face.

"Aigoo, our hyung is so whipped," he heard Minhyuk say but he didn't care – it was the truth though. In fact, he’d be the first one to admit it.

"A dragon head over heels with a butterfly," Jonghyun added.

Again, he smiled – his cheeks bursting from the gesture. "Ne, a very beautiful butterfly."

"Ey hyung, stop it. You do not want her to think you're a creep smiling like that, right?"

He turned his head towards Jungshin, "What do you mean maknae?"

He shrugged. Jonghyun snickered, "Really, hyung? You should fix yourself up, you know."

"What the hell are you saying right now?"

Minhyuk smiled and blurted, "Your Hyunnie is around and she's making her way towards here," he pointed his lips behind him and when he turned around, he saw a goddess walking.

His eyes lit up from the sight of her and he saw how his dongsaengs stopped themselves from laughing. He knew he looked like a fool right now but he doesn't give a damn. Just wait until this happens to them - I'll tease them to death he thought.

He continued to stare at her while she talks to his dongsaeng, "Jungshin chingu, can I have the revised version of our paper? Professor Jeon wants us to pass it by 3 pm today."

Jungshin rummaged through his bag and handed her a flash drive. "Here it is, Seohyun-ah. I've edited the parts you told me to and added some informations."

His angel smiled and he felt his heart leaped. How can she be that beautiful? he once again thought. "Thank you, Jungshin chingu. I'll get going," she bowed at him, looked at the rest of them and smiled.

"Ne, Oppa?" she replied when Yonghwa called her name when she's about to leave.

He stood up and was about to get her bag when she raised her hand to stop him. "Aniyo Oppa, I can carry it. Why did you call me?"

"I'll walk you home later, alright?"

"That... I think not today, Oppa. I have some errands to do this afternoon."

"Then I'll accompany you,"

She shook her head, "Aniyo Oppa, I'll be okay. Besides, I bet you too are busy. See you around, Oppa."

And she left without letting him to reply. He sighed and felt a hand on his shoulder. "Aigoo, our hyung has been rejected."

"Yah, says who?"

"She refused your offer though. Hyung, you don't stand a chance on Hyunnie."

Yonghwa glared and hit Jungshin on the head. "Yah, how dare you call her Hyunnie?"

"Wae? I can't?"

"Of course, that's my nickname for her!"

"Hyung, you're not even together don't be jealous and possessive."

"Yet, maknae. We all know we're gonna end up together anyways."

Jonghyun scoffed, "What made you so sure Seohyun is going to be your girlfriend?"

"Well, my guts tell me so."

“But hyung, aren’t you bothered by the rumors circulating around?” Minhyuk asked.

The eldest looked at him confusingly, “What rumors are you talking about?”

“Hyung, you became quite a ladies’ man ever since you transferred here a year ago. Girls are always trying to get your attention, I’m sure you have noticed that. Until a certain Seo Joohyun came into the picture.” Minhyuk replied.

Jungshin continued, “You fell in love with her at first sight, if I may borrow your words, and that’s where it all began.”

Yonghwa looked back and forth to the two maknaes, not really following to what they want to say. “Cut the crap and tell me what it is,”

“Because Seo Joohyun caught your eye without her even lifting a finger, she became the number one on the hated list of your so-called ‘fangirls’. They think she seduced and blackmailed you to form a close friendship with her. Even if it is the other way around.” Jungshin joked earning a glare from Yonghwa.

Jonghyun butted in, “Hyung, what they’re basically trying to say is that you have to make it official. Don’t beat around the bush and just court her properly because you want her as a girlfriend.”

“It’s not that easy, Jonghyun-ah.”

“Of course, it is. You’re Jung Yonghwa. You know what to do.”

“And you might want to do it sooner," Jungshin added and turned his head to a certain direction only to see Hyunnie laughing heartily with another guy. "Or she would end up in another man's arms," he continued.

"Will you help me?" He looked at them, slightly hoping they would agree.

"Of course, we will. We told you we only want her as our sister-in-law, right? So when do you plan to begin?"

"As soon as possible," a determined smile plastered on his face.

+++

#1 Write her love letters.

"Hyung! Do not search on the internet! The words must come out naturally!" Jungshin reprimanded him when he caught him searching for ideas in what they call everybody's bestfriend – Google.

"But I don't know what to write, maknae! I feel like I ran out of words to say." He unconsciously pouted and Jungshin just rolled his eyes.

"Ey hyung, you have written songs for her, what's the difference with this one?" Jungshin grabbed a chair and placed it beside his hyung.

"Writing songs is a piece of cake but this one is different. This is the first time I'm giving her a letter. I know she's the type of girl who likes these things so this must be special."

"Hyung, you don't do something because this certain girl likes it. You do this because you love her and you want her to know that she deserves to receive such things," the two looked behind them when Jonghyun butted in.

"Can you not creep on us like that again?" Yonghwa irritatingly said.

"I’m sorry, hyung. I heard what you're talking about when I came out of the room."

"Since when did you learn these things, Jonghyun? Is there someone?"

"Ey hyung, if I have someone then I've already introduced her to you. Anyway, I'm not the topic here so let's go back to you. You could write anything you want to tell her - just think of it like you're writing a song. It's okay if it is not written like the words of a poet as long as you do it with your heart. Why am I even telling this to you? You're good with this hyung. You'll find the right words to say."

Yonghwa nodded with a smile on his face, "I'm impressed Jonghyun - don't know you have it in you. Thank you,"

"I'm glad to be in service. Jungshin-ah, play soccer with me! Let's leave Yonghwa hyung alone,"

"Take your time, hyung. We'll just call you for dinner,"

Yonghwa took a scratch paper and a pen and started scribbling some words. Thirty minutes have passed and nothing is going right. He pulled his hair in annoyance. He looked at a photo of Joohyun he personally printed and placed on his study table – she was reading a book with a smile plastered on her face. He found that sight of her beautiful and he knew he needed to capture it in a photograph. Just like an energy booster, his mood went up and the frustrations melted away in a snap. A few minutes of staring, he began to write a simple sentence and as the time passed by, the words flowed naturally.

"Jungshin-ah, can you put this on her locker?" Yonghwa told him when he handed his handwritten letter that morning.

"Hyung, why don't you do it yourself?" They were hidden behind the maple tree that Joohyun likes in the school garden while frequently glancing at the girl they were talking about.

"I'm nervous and shy. What if she doesn't like it? And of course, to add suspense."

"Hyung, everyone in the campus knows she's your girl already even if you aren’t official. Nobody dares to court her because everyone's afraid of you. Remember when a hoobae gave her a flower and you talked to him privately telling him that she's yours and when Hyunnie found out she scolded you for that? Besides, she knows your handwriting so no need to hide."

"You jashik, I told you not to call her Hyunnie!"

"And why can't he, Oppa?"

Yonghwa froze when he heard his angel's voice behind him. They were busy bickering that they didn't notice the angel they were talking about heard their loud voices from afar that made her walk towards them. Jungshin on the other hand put his right hand on his mouth to stifle his giggles. Sure, teasing Jung Yonghwa was fun but the last thing he wanted was his hyung to be in its dragon mode.

"And that is your sign, hyung! Good luck! Hyun-ah, annyeong."

The two didn't mind him as they were still looking at each other. Seohyun raised her eyebrow when Yonghwa didn't talk and he was just gaping at the beauty in front of him.

"Oppa, are you going to just stare at me like that all day?"

He got out from his trance and rubbed his nape slowly – a gesture saying he was nervous and shy. He took her hand and shoved his handwritten letter in it and silently rejoiced when he didn't stutter. "This one's for you,"

He watched her and he got the reaction he was aiming for - a pair of sparkling eyes and a sweet smile. "Oppa, really? This is the first time I’ve received a letter from a guy. Thank you."

Every day, he started writing her letters and he never failed to give it to her. Some letters are just short but he thought it's the content that counts. Seeing her million dollar smile directed at him is a sight he would always choose to see any day. After all, seeing her happy makes him happy.

 

#2 Sing her a love song.

The YongSeo couple, as what their friends call them because of their very close friendship, is seated under their favorite maple tree. Seohyun had a spare time that day and Yonghwa just happened to see her in the garden so he quickly left his friends to accompany his favorite person.

Seohyun is reading her book while Yonghwa is resting his head on her lap while strumming his guitar. She didn't complain when the latter did such thing and just let him be. They already behave like a couple and the only thing that's left to make it official is for Yonghwa to ask the question.

"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter