#2 ; Hope is a Dream That Never Sleeps

High School Sweethearts 2008
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May, 2008

'After holding a successful first concert in Seoul, Super Junior plans to continue their first ever Asia Tour. Thailand and China will be the lucky countries they will visit during the tour. Super Show was also expected to tour Hongkong, Taipei, and Tokyo but due to schedule conflicts, the tour was unable to go to those cities --- '

Donghae stared at the screen in front of him intensely. Unable to shift his eyes away from his idol's face, plastered on the television. Eunhyuk's face was captured by the camera several times and it made Donghae blushed. Donghae cupped his cheeks and smiled broadly at the idol who was so charming on the screen.

"How can you excell your exams if what you are doing everyday is only looking at these men?" Donghae's father who had been on the couch and had to watch the celebrity news because Donghae refused to give the remote control.

Donghae just grunted without comment. His father would never understand what it was like to love an idol anyway.

"Are their songs even good, they can only dance and act cute on stage," his father said.

"Ah whatever!  You do not have good music taste, you only know football." Donghae snapped angrily.

Donghae's father was an avid football enthusiast. Understandably, he worked as a football team coach of Seoul University. It was not easy for him to be in the position now, in addition Seoul University football team was at the peak of their career because of their  achievements were so brilliant lately. Donghae's father, Lee Seungho, was a reliable and cold-handed coach on the field. However, when he was at home, he always seemed to lose the argument with his own son.

A beautiful-looking woman came out of the kitchen with a tray of fresh watermelon. She placed the tray on the living room table. "Instead of arguing for things that are not important, let's just eat, " said the woman who still looked beautiful at the age of forty five.

Donghae immediately docked to the table and picked up a piece of watermelon. He ate the fruit greedily. It felt so fresh. Watermelon was indeed a favorite fruit in summer like this. "Eomma, why are there so many fruits?" asked Donghae while taking another piece.

"Mrs. Song gave us this fruit, she said it was to celebrate the success of her child being accepted to work at one of the city's leading cosmetics companies," replied Mrs. Lee.

"Then why only gave us fruit? If our Donghae passes his entrance exam and being accepted at Seoul University, I will buy a basket of bread and sweets and fruits, I wil  give it to all the neighbors. " Mr. Lee said it proudly.

"Don’t worry, Appa.  I'll save you from bankruptcy by buying those stuffs." Donghae said matter-of-factly. The father, who realized the meaning of that sentence Donghae spoke just now, immediately twisted Donghae's ear. The young man could only scream in pain and try to escape.

"I'm home !" the sound could be heard from the front door.

Jaejoong approached his family with a sluggish move. His school uniform looks messy. His white shirt crumpled and poked out from his pants. "Jaejoong- ah , you're back ." the mother smiled broadly.

"You must be hungry, let's eat this fruit first, " said the father softly.

"Look at your brother, he's very diligent and just come home from the tutoring, while you're relaxing at home watching TV all day. " said Donghae’s father.

Donghae's face frowned. His father always chose his brother over him. Donghae was not very good at academics but that did not mean he was stupid. Besides this also had no correlation with watching TV every day. Donghae was annoyed.

Jaejoong sat down next to Donghae and patted the bulging cheeks of his little brother.  "How would you not get fatter if you ate like this." Jaejoong .

Donghae glared at his brother. He wanted to spit out the fruit inside his mouth in Jaejoong's face. Jaejoong liked to think of Donghae as a child. And Donghae hated it. Jaejoong then took a piece of watermelon and started to chew it. Very delicious. Jaejoong has not had time to consume fruit today. No wonder his stomach kind of hurt since morning.

Jaejoong went to the kitchen to get a cold drink from the fridge.  "Oh hyung , get me an apple juice ."

"Yah! Why are you ordering your brother like that? You brat!" the father scolded his younger son.

Donghae stuck his tongue out to his father. Donghae's mother could only shake her head to see the child's behavior and her husband. Every day was always colored with a little quarrel like this.

The woman smiled gently to see Jaejoong who was back with three bottles of  Donghae’s favorite apple juice. Jaejoong was a good boy. In addition, he was also very clever. Jaejoong always got good rank at school. He was always on the top three in his class. Jaejoong's dream was to become a doctor. And he was serious about that. It was proved by his hard work by following much daily tutoring. Actually without the even joining tutoring Jaejoong would still get good results. Jaejoong was born smart. With the slightest effort the results obtained would have been very satisfactory. Jaejoong also joined the national science competition and got a medal several times. The whole family was very proud of Jaejoong's achievements. If things continued like this, it was not impossible Jaejoong would get full scholarships for his medical school later.

"I have prepared this for you. Please eat a lot.” the woman gently Jaejoong's head.

"Thank you, Eomma.” Jaejoong gave his mother a warm smile.

***

Donghae put his head lazily on the table. The plan has failed. He exhaled roughly making a dangling strand of bangs covering his forehead. Ryeowook refused to lend him any money. The young man said he was also in a financial crisis because he just bought some fansite’s merchandise.

"Just ask your brother ." Ryeowook said without taking his eyes off the teenage magazine in front of him.

"He'll kill me if he knows what the money is for ." Donghae pursed his lips.

Ryeowook chuckled in disbelief. How could Jaejoong not want to give money to his beloved brother though.

"Then, just ask Yunho hyung, " Ryeowook said. Donghae groaned and buried his face between his arms over the table. "That stupid must have asked for all kinds of things in return." Donghae said. A small blow drifted over Donghae's head slowly. Ryeowook looked at his friend lazily.

"Stop calling him stupid." Ryeowook went back to his magazine.

"Yah! Hyukjae- ah!" Donghae looked for a new target that sat right in front of him.

The young man named Hyukjae was busy fiddling with his cellphone. As usual, in this self study hour Hyukjae would not waste his time. Hyukjae was a huge fan of games. Not at home or at school he was always playing games. Maybe Hyukjae has spent half his life playing games. However, despite playing games, it did not make him fail in academics. Precisely, Hyukjae was one of the outstanding students, especially in mathematics subjects. He often attended inter-school championships. In addition, Hyukjae was also a football athlete of this school team. His position was a striker . Hyukjae was very good playing football. No wonder Hyukjae's dream was to become a professional football player.

"Hmm, why?" replied Hyukjae without stopping the football game on his cellphone.

"Lend me some money, please." Donghae deliberately made his voice a little softer so Hyukjae could be fooled.

Hyukjae immediately stopped the game and turned to Donghae who already gave him one of his beautiful sweet smile. Donghae even batted his eyelashes to tease Hyukjae.

"Aish ! Stop your stupid face!" Hyukjae rubbed Donghae’s face with his hand.

Donghae frowned. It looked like Hyukjae had not been tempted by his sweet face.

"Come on. Lend me the money." Donghae whined. He started to shake Hyukjae’s chair.

"No way. I already put them all in a bank." Hyukjae said.

"Since when do you keep your money at bank?” Donghae asked, feeing a bit surprised.

"You don’t know anything about me." Hyukjae stuck out his tongue like a small child in the direction of Donghae.

"You stingy!" Donghae muttered under his breath and he also did not forget to push Hyukjae’s chair with his foot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter