#1 ; In Summer Time

High School Sweethearts 2008
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May, 2008

 

The scorching morning sun slipped through the open window of Donghae's room. The warm  heat could be already felt even when it was only nearly eight in the morning. It has been more than a week since the weather has undergone extreme changes. Days would be very hot, but at night the weather decreased drastically, sometimes it was even heavy rain non stop every night. This phenomenon has become a hot topic all over the world. It looked like the earth was getting older and worse, the weather was unpredictable.

Donghae took a roll of colored paper from his desk and immediately put it into his backpack. The beautiful brown-haired man did not forget to take his favorite jacket which was draped neatly on a coat hanger. A white snapback was mounted perfectly on the top of his head. Hurriedly, Donghae stormed out of the room.

While running a little, Donghae immediately headed for the front door. Some shoes were neatly arranged on a shelf near the door. Donghae scanned the shelf to search for his favorite sport shoes. He checked every rack of shelves to make sure nothing was missing. However, the shoes he was looking for was nowhere to be found. Donghae grunted with annoyance and then he remembered something.

"Yah! Jung Yunho! Where's my shoes ?! " Donghae yelled.


No reply was heard. Donghae gritted his teeth and headed back to the living room. There was a man laying with his crumpled black hair, on the living room carpet. He was currenly in a deep slumber. Donghae immediately approached him. Without further ado, Donghae hit the man's arm quite hard.

"Yah! Yunho wake up! Where's my shoes ?! " Donghae growled.

The young man named Yunho did not budge a bit. Donghae was really mad right now. Without mercy, Donghae hit Yunho's body again. This time the blow was harder and enough to make Yunho squirm out of his sleep. Yunho opened his eyes slowly and had to find Donghae with an annoying look at his face.

"What's wrong?" Yunho asked, still trying to gather his consciousness.

Donghae bit his lower lip, trying to contain his already overflowing rage. Donghae gave  a slight slap towards Yunho's head.

"Where is my shoes?!" Donghae was already running out of patience.

Yunho grimaced  as he his head where Donghae gave him a slap. Yunho could not understand, how could Donghae being so violance and like to persecute him. However, it was not Jung Yunho if he was not accustomed to Donghae's raging at any time.

Yunho still his head slowly. Donghae's little hands were really powerful. "Your shoes are at home."

"Then bring it here. I want to wear it now." Donghae folded both hands on his chest and his eyes pierced into Yunho's stupid face.

Yunho  scratched his head that did not itch. He tried to avoid eye contact with Donghae. "Last night. Your shoes were dirtied by mud. I'll just wash it today." Yunho explained.

"What?! You- " Donghae who was already super angry again hit Yunho's head. This time it was accompanied by pulling out his hair. Yunho moaned in pain and asked  for mercy on Donghae. But of course Donghae just kept swearing and grabbing Yunho's hair until the tangled hair became increasingly shapeless and messier.

"Yah! Yah!  I'm already sorry!" Yunho tried to cover his head with both hands to avoid the brutal attack from Donghae.

"You're really stupid!" Donghae shouted.

Hearing the commotion from the living room, Donghae’s mother immediately came out of the kitchen. The woman was only able to sigh seeing the behavior of two teenagers who could never grow up.

"What is this? Why this early morning is very noisy? " asked Mrs. Lee.

Donghae and Yunho halted their quarrel for a moment when they heard her approaching them. "Eomma.. Yunho dirtied my shoes and now I have to wear them!" Donghae whined.

"Why not just wear the other shoes?" Donghae's mother tried to be patient.

"Don’t want! That's my lucky shoes and I have to wear them today! "Donghae pursed his lips and looked at her with his big puppy eyes-looked.

Donghae's mother was only able to sigh and decided to leave the two teenagers. Every day there was always a commotion caused by both. Although the whole house was familiar with it all, but still Donghae's mother often had  headaches because of their behavior. And even now, it was still early in the morning but the house was already so noisy. Sometimes Donghae’s mother  was also too lazy to face the childish nature of Yunho and Donghae.

"I think I have to borrow Hyukjae’s shoes," Donghae grumbled.

Yunho smoothed back his messy hair. His head was still twitching lightly due to Donghae's slap. Yunho exhaled roughly, his sleep soundly disturbed for such a trivial thing. It was really annoying. Moreover Donghae also been exaggerated, what was with lucky shoes? It was just ordinary shoes that could be bought anywhere. And Yunho also accidentally dirtied them, it was all the rain’s fault anyway  that came with so sudden. Yunho grunted irritably.

Donghae soon left the house but of course without forgetting to yell at Yunho; reminding him to wash the shoes. Yunho just shrank away and threw his body back on the carpet. The man smiled happily as he buried his face in the pillow. The most pleasant thing on such a hot day was to sleep soundly accompanied by wind blowing from the fan in the living room. Without taking long, Yunho fell asleep again and explore the realm of his dreams.

Donghae ran to the next house and immediately opened the front door without saying hello. The sun was really hot, Donghae could not stand if he had to linger outside.

"Hyukjae-ah, I borrow your shoes!" Donghae shouted from the front door and started looking for his friend's sport shoes.

A  young man with a fairly lanky body emerged from inside of the house. Still wearing a thin white shirt and sweatpants, Hyukjae brushed his eyes to find Donghae who was busy wearing shoes.

"Where are you going? The weather is very hot. " Hyukjae asked. "Olympic." Donghae replied briefly.

Hyukjae chuckled in disbelief. He could not understand why Donghae wanted  to sacrifice to go to the stadium in a hot day like this; when you could lazy around the house instead. Donghae was already so infatuated with his idol. Today, Donghae's favorite boy group would hold a concert at the Olympic Stadium. Donghae who in fact was a hardcore fanboy; of course would not miss this event. Moreover, this was the idol's first concert. Hyukjae could only shake his head to see the behavior of his best friend.

Donghae smiled proudly when the sport shoes were neatly worn on his feet.  "I wil return this tomorrow." Donghae grinned.

"Oh, and remind Yunho to wash my shoes. That stupid kid really get on my nerves. "Donghae grunted irritably recalling the reason why he was here in the first place

"Yah! That's Yunho hyung for you .. When will you learn to respect people older than you? You brat. "Hyukjae said as he poked his finger in Donghae's forehead.

"We're just a few months apart, why do i have  to call him hyung." Donghae pursed his tiny lips.

Donghae had always refused to call Yunho hyung even though Yunho was his senior in school. They were even like peers. This sometimes made Hyukjae mad. Donghae was a naughty and stubborn child. Hyukjae has repeatedly taught to honor Yunho as a older brother. Still, they always fought like dogs and cats.

"Ah never mind. My head hurts every time talking to you. "Hyukjae closed his eyes and massaged his temples slowly.

Donghae grunted with annoyance and wanted to hit Hyukjae's head. Hyukjae was one of his closest friends. Both of them were also in the same class. In fact, their houses were next to each other. For Donghae, it was so boring seeing Hyukjae's face every day. Hyukjae was also one of the victims of Donghae’s brutality every day. However, they were an inseparable friend; despite all the arguments and fight they had.

"Oh, I forgot something. You wait here. "Hyukjae rushed to grab something from the kitchen.

Donghae's phone suddenly rang.  A call from Kim Ryeowook. Donghae immediately clicked on his phone to receive the call.

"Yeah, I'm leaving soon."

"It's all Yunho’s fault  I have to go to Hyukjae's house first."

"Are you crazy? I'm taking a cab!"

"Aish! You're so noisy! Just wait by the bus stop. "

"Hmm. Okay. Bye! "

Donghae ended the call and a moment later Hyukjae reappeared with two bottles of apple juice in both hands. Donghae's favorite.

"Take it. It is very hot outside. Do not let yourself  lack of water and fainting. It will bother people." Hyukjae said while giving the two bottles to Donghae.

Donghae smiled sweetly at his favorite juice. Incidentally he did not have time to bring a drink from home because he was in hurry. Hyukjae surely did know what Donghae needed the most. "Thank you, Hyukjae. You're the best! " Donghae grinned, showing Hyukjae  two thumbs up.

"Go away. Get rid of your face. "Hyukjae pushed Donghae's face with his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter