000 Prologue 2

hell's angel

000 Prologue 2: Welcome to Hell

 

Yoongi sits on a leather couch, a cup of coffee turning cold is on the table while he’s patiently waiting for the man (or a woman?) sitting on the big office chair at the end of the table to turn around and face him. “Is this purgatory? But how come purgatory is so red?” He says to himself while looking around the room.

From the walls to curtains and even the folders, everything is in red. You won’t even notice it if the room is set on fire since it is already red in there…you know, camouflage? It isn’t too warm or too cold even though there wasn’t any heater or air conditioner. Yoongi isn’t too sure of where he is but he sure knows that he died and he’s wishing he’s either at the purgatory right now or heaven.

“So, you’re Min Yoongi,” said someone in a baritone voice. He’s a man, Yoongi thinks. The man swivels his chair and looked at Yoongi with affectionate eyes. “My name is Lucifer.” No. “I have a real name, of course, but we aren’t that close for you to know and call me that.” Is God’s name, Lucifer? But Lucifer is God’s fallen angel, right? Lucifer is Satan?  Yoongi looks at Lucifer with probing eyes almost as if he recognizes him which irked the man speaking. “Why? Have we met before?” Lucifer asks and Yoongi immediately shakes his head. How would he ever meet this man in afterlife, right? “Welcome to hell.”

Yoongi shot up from his seat. “This is not right. How come I ended up here? Is this a prank? C’mon, God. Don’t play games like this. You’re making me have another heart attack!”

Lucifer raises his left eyebrow. “Well, for that matter, I don’t really have much choice but to give you shelter. If I were given a choice, I wouldn’t have you here. And, I may look like God but sorry, hijo, I am Lucifer. I am Satan.” Lucifer turned around to face his back on Yoongi and whispered to himself, “Oh, God. What a piece of work. He just came here and he already shows why he has to be here.”

“As you may or may not know, I lived my whole life being behave, doing only good and choosing whatever benefits everyone. I’ve been good all my life. Why am I here? What’s wrong? Are you sure I am the Min Yoongi on your list or did you just make a mistake of taking me here? Maybe a criminal out there named the same as me went to heaven? Can you check it for me? I feel like there’s something wrong in your system.” Yoongi pleaded with his hands together.

Lucifer didn’t see that coming—Yoongi pleading when he shot up from his seat as if he were to take him down. “Yoongi, dear, I may be Satan but I am neither God nor St. Peter. I can’t see your life files. I don’t have that much authority to do so. I’m just…Satan. I may rule this place but that’s just that. I actually would like to help you search your reasons for being here and have you taken out of this place, really, but my job description doesn’t include that.”

“But you’re Satan, right? You did the worst crime of all.” Lucifer flinched at Yoongi’s words but the young man continues.  “How come you cannot hack into the system and search it for me?” What a brat, Lucifer thinks.

Lucifer gives Yoongi a stern look and his voice isn’t as friendly as it had been minutes ago. “Now I know why you must be here. It must have been unknown to you or not but whichever, I’d give you a recap, Min Yoongi,” he says Yoongi’s name with spite. “I was a fallen angel. An angel. Before I was Lucifer, I was Jung Hoseok first. And I do not know what exactly the reason for your ending up here is but I’m glad there’s one less criminal in the world. I’d love to say you’re welcome in this place but I don’t think I’d be so genuine if I would. Get out of my office. Now.”