Epilogue (Swan Boat)

Woohyun Birthday Special

Surprise~ Another update (and a cute Woohyunnie) ㅋㅋㅋ


"H-hyung.. I don't think I can do this.." Woohyun look at Sunggyu's eyes apologetically.

"Woohyun-ah.. Just once, okay? Can we?" Sunggyu grab the younger's hand and softly the soft palm with his thumb.

"B-but.. I don't think we should, hyung." Woohyun avert his gaze from the pleading look the older male gives him. His cheeks were red since half an hour ago.

Sunggyu grab softly his boyfriend's cheek to make the younger face him once again. "Woohyunnie.. Just once. Pleeaaseee~" He plead again, mustering all of his almost non-existent aegyo to melt his lover.

Woohyun whined in defeat. He always has a soft spot when the elder tried to do aegyo to him, because it's so rare and he knows that Sunggyu actually hates it, but the saying that 'desperate time calls for a desperate measure' is true.

"But hyuuunngg~ in this kind of weather? Really?" Woohyun tried to ask his boyfriend once again, hoping that Sunggyu would come to his sense and consider his request.

"What's wrong with the weather, Hyun?" Sunggyu asks, confused. It seems that he didn't share the same concern like Woohyun had right now.

Woohyun look at his older boyfriend in disbelief. "Hyung, are you serious? Just look around us. It's empty. Who in the right mind would want to ride a Swan boat in this almost -5°C weather?" He whined in frustration while using his free hand to hug himself tighter. His padded white jacket didn't give him much warmness like it should.

"I do." Sunggyu grins as he steps closer and side hug his lover, rubbing Woohyun's slender waist lovingly, giving a bit warmness to his currently freezing and pouting boyfriend. "So, is it a yes?"

Woohyun was lost on word at how oddly his boyfriend behaves. Where the heck his lazy boyfriend that would exchange everything in the world just to avoid going outside in the cold weather, goes to? Where does his cuddly Gyu-bear goes to?

But, before he could decide whether to call a doctor to check-up on Sunggyu's brain or using plan B (pretend to have an emergency call from his mom, which usually failed him anyway because Sunggyu had his mom's phone number too), they heard someone faking a cough and interrupting their moment.

"So, are you guys going to ride the boat or not?" The bored old ahjussi who happen to be the only one working at the park where the Swan boat located at, ask them in annoyed tone. No one could blame him though; the weird couple has been arguing for twenty minutes whether to ride the boat or not.

"We do. Right Woohyunnie?" Sunggyu hug the younger tighter in his embrace, deciding for both of them in the end.

"I'm so sorry, ahjussi." Woohyun bowed and smile sheepishly. Embarrassed that the old man witnessing their little debate earlier.

"Whatever." The ahjussi let out an unamused sigh. "Just get in, both of you."

-

And that's how both of Sunggyu and Woohyun ended up seating on a couple seat in pink Swan boat at a deserted park on one of the coldest day in February. Quietly pedalling the pedal to make the boat move around the lake.

"Woohyun-ah." Sunggyu nudging Woohyun in his left side, who by now was just too mesmerized by the beauty of the park covered in thin white snow blanket and forget about all the hesitation he had before riding the boat.

"Hmm? What is it hyung?" Woohyun look at his boyfriend's direction, wide smile etched on his face. He was surprised, however, by the sudden warm feeling in his cheeks.

"Here." Sunggyu had a wide grin as he looks at the adorable face of his dumbfounded boyfriend.

Turns out, the elder was holding a heat pack so close to Woohyun's red cheeks. The cold weather has made the slightly chubby cheeks redden and although Sunggyu really love the color, the younger look a bit uncomfortable with the weather and he hate to see the younger suffer.

Woohyun smile wider at the loving gesture, dimple showing and his eyes turns into a beautiful crescent. He held the heat pack closer, his hand covering his boyfriend's palm on his cheek and kiss the elder's palm. "Thank you, hyung. Gyu hyung is the best!~"

Sunggyu was glad that the younger moods seem to improve by a lot. And after making sure they're already far away from the prying worker ahjussi's eyes, he leans closer and peck Woohyun's slightly red nose. Grinning as he watches his lover's cheeks become redder after that (and this time, he was sure it wasn't because of the weather).

"Ahh.. hyuunng~ why did you do that. We are in public." Woohyun whined in half-protest, though both of them know that he didn't mean it. But, even if it was too embarrassing for him, he couldn't help the small shy smile forming on his face.

Sunggyu chuckled at his cute boyfriend's antics. "Because Woohyunnie is being too cute for hyung to handle. Hyung can't help but want to peck Woohyunnie's cute nose." He pinched lightly the younger's sharp nose with his other hand, causing another whine slip from his lover.

"Hyung.. Why are you like this?~" Woohyun avert his gaze elsewhere, too shy to look at the elder's loving gaze. "A-anyway.. look hyung, I can see two ducks swimming there! Should we go closer and see it?"

Sunggyu know that Woohyun only trying to distract him so he wouldn't look at the younger's flushed face (which he finds very endearing up close), but he agree and follow his boyfriend's wish to get closer to the ducks in the end. It works for his plan too anyway.

They pedalling further to the bridge that was on the other side of the lake from where they fist depart, in silence. Woohyun's left hand holding the heat pack to his cheeks and his right hand entwined with the elder's left one. Smile never once leaving the couple's face.

Once they got closer to the ducks, Woohyun's attention was focused solely on the two cute (in his opinion) creatures and he even pick up his phone from his pocket to take a picture of the two, temporarily break his entwined hand with his lover's.

Not long after though, he could feel his boyfriend nudging him softly again with what he assumed, Sunggyu's elbow.

"Woohyun-ah." Sunggyu call him. There is a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Yes, hyung? What is it?" Woohyun who was momentary distracted by the ducks, turn his body to face the elder again. Only to find a hand holding a red velvety box not too far away from his face. And there, inside the box, a white gold ring with Infinity symbol carved in the middle, sitting perfectly.

His gaze went upward to meet a nervous smile on his boyfriend's face. He was lost on words on how to react. Mouth wide open for some while. "Gyu.. H-hyung.. W-what is th-this?"

"It's a ring. An engagement ring." Sunggyu smile sheepishly, trying to contain his nervousness. "I-I know this is too sudden and we just met not too long ago, but I truly can't see anyone other than you to spend my life with in the future. W-will you marry me, Nam Woohyun?"

Woohyun was silent for some minutes. The hardest and most nerve wrecking three minutes in Sunggyu's entire life. Before without the younger knowing, there's a tear drop fall from the beautiful brown eyes. Making Sunggyu panic in instant.

"H-hey.. Woohyunnie.. Baby, are you okay?" The elder quickly put down the box and hug his lover close, his right hand reach upwards to wipe the tears with his thumb. "Shh.. Woohyun-ah.. Hyung is sorry, okay? If you don't like it, then I will never bring this up again. Please don't cry."

Woohyun was facing down while quietly mumbling something and Sunggyu can't hear it clearly, so he cups the younger's jaw softly to make his boyfriend look at him. "Woohyunnie, do you say something? Can you repeat it again, baby? I'm sorry, I can't hear it."

There were traces of more tears on the glistening brown orbs as Woohyun finally open his mouth again. "I-idot hyung! Of course, I do." More tears follow the first one and slide down the smooth pinkish cheeks. "I love you. And thank you."

"And I love you more, Woohyun-ah." Sungyu cooed.

This time though, Sunggyu was sure it was a tear of happiness. Judging by how the younger was smiling so wide that anyone who look at it would definitely feel the happiness radiating from the smaller male. He was glad that he was the one who put the radiant smile in Woohyun's face, not the other.

Once Woohyun finally calmed down from the overwhelming emotion, he detached himself from his lover's embrace and pout cutely at the elder. "Hyuunngg~ You aren't going to put in the ring for me?"

Sunggyu chuckled before he grabs the abandoned red box earlier and take out the beautiful ring from it. He reaches out to grab the younger's left hand while still holding the ring with his right. "Of course, I will my dear fiancé."

The elder put the ring in and find the ring oddly fit his new fiancé’s ring finger perfectly. He needs to thank Woohyun's mom for giving him the measurement correctly. He loves his future mother-in-law already.

"It fits you baby. So pretty." Sunggyu kiss the short but cute fingers after he finished putting the ring. Liking how the white gold band glints prettily in its rightful owner's hand.

Woohyun blushed at the compliment, but can't help to ask something that was bothering his mind from earlier on. "But hyung, why with the sudden swan boat ride? Not like I have problem with it, but in this kind of weather? Really?"

Sunggyu scratched his non-itchy head and smile sheepishly. "Ahh, about that. You remember that I visited your mother last year?" At that, the younger nods, albeit still look confused about the connection with the current issue.

"Well, during my visit, your mom gave me some of your childhood memento, like your childhood pictures and diary. I kinda read your diary a bit and it was written in your bucket list. To propose your future bride on swan boat ride. So, I just stole the idea and here we are."

"Though maybe I really should check the weather forecast first before planning something like this." He added in afterthought, looking apologetically to his lover.

Woohyun was caught off guard for a second, before blushing furiously. He covers his face with both of his hands, mumbling incoherently. "Oh God.. Why? Ughh.. So embarrassing.. Ahh.. Why did I do that?"

Sunggyu let out an amused chuckle, before peeling the hands off his lover's red face. "Hey, it's okay baby. It was cute. You're cute." He rubs the pinkish cheeks affectionately. The younger was too adorable for words and the tinge of pink on those cheeks just make him even more endearing.

Woohyun was still whining in embarrassment, but now he is able to look at his new fiancé’s face properly, though the pink color is still present on his face. "Hyung.. I was only a second grade in elementary school back then. Ahh.. Why did I even write it? I was so greasy back then." He held his head with both of his hands.

"Uhh.. You actually do until now. But it's okay Woohyun-ah, I like that side of you as well." Sunggyu tried to make the younger feel better and pats his head softly. However, he didn't realize it only makes his lover feel even more embarrassed.

Woohyun let out some more embarrassed whine; until Sunggyu decide to shut him with a kiss right on the younger's plump lips. A long-delayed kiss that he actually wants to do since the first time he saw his lover that day.

Sunggyu cups Woohyun's jaw and tilt it slightly to change the angle, his own lips move against the younger's soft one, but keeping it chaste. Their breaths mingle with each other’s in that one long and sweet kiss. Warmth spreading in their body despite the chilly weather.

Their first kiss as fiancé, however, was interrupted when suddenly the loudspeaker near the bridge they currently at, and they could hear the old worker ahjussi's voice from it.

"For the only couple in the swan boat number 802, your thirty minutes ride is almost over. Please come back and return the boat immediately. Also, please, hold yourself and don't do something inappropriate just because it's empty now." And then it's silent again.

The couple looks at each other and burst out, laughing their heart out at the ahjussi's words. Though their cheeks were flushed pink in embarrassment.

"I think we should come back now. Don't want the ahjussi to think we are doing 'inappropriate things' here, do we?" Sunggyu said, once he has calm down from the laughing fit.

Woohyun giggles in reply. Eyes crinkling in delight. "Okay hyung."

With that, they pedal the swan boat back to the direction of the little port. Hand in hand, with a matching smile on their faces, and a silent promise of forever behind those smiles.

 


A/n: Written in 2 days (written together along with the previous one) and originally meant to be only a short drabble that grown too long and somehow I thought it could be related to the first AU too (but I finished this one first, Idk why), so in the end, I just make the story into a two-shot instead.. XD

If you notice, I got the idea from Insolent Housemates recent episode where Sunggyu oddly enough ask the older guess to ride the Swan boat with him. Like seriously, where the lazy Sunggyu I know all these time goes to?? Who hate outdoor activity more over in the damn cold weather? *shock*

Okay, I'm over reacting a bit. I'm glad that he decide to go out despite the chilly weather though, and I know he's not lazy at all.. ^^

But anyway, here's my last gift for Woohyun's birthday.. Our precious Nam mandu ♡

Woohyoni and Nam Seonbae

Yes, I made the cake myself, it was from stack up crepes and ovomaltine spread in the middle~

#Happy28thWoohyunDay