the end

Love-Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minatozaki Sana. A Japanese twenty-year-old girl who traveled to Korea to attend JYP University. Since she was a foreigner, she didn’t understand why her organizer kept telling her to not rent the single room left in the dorms— it was more like Sana trying to understand the native language being spoken from her organizer. Her ignorant and clueless self-told the organizer that she was going to rent a room and when she first stepped foot into the room, she realized why so many people were drifting her away. That’s when she met Chou Tzuyu, a tall model-like girl who had the most adorable smile where it showed her cute single dimple. When you first looked at the young Taiwanese, you would think Tzuyu had no flaws— there was one flaw. Tzuyu was blind.  

 

However, that didn’t stop Sana from loving the girl. In fact, it made her fall deeper when Tzuyu heard the sound of the doorknob turning and realized that her new roommate has entered the room. Tzuyu turns around, knowing that she was facing away from the door and hopefully she turned towards Sana, but she ended up facing the other way while Sana stifled her laughter. 

 

“You know, I’m over here?” The raven-haired girl spoke in a teasing tone and Tzuyu’s cheeks turn to a tint of red as she followed Sana’s voice and turned her body again. Sana swore time stopped when Tzuyu’s radiant brown hair flew in the air and her eye closed into crescents of the moon. She could hear her own breath hitch and her pulse was radically increasing as Tzuyu shyly smiled at her. 

 

“I’m sorry.” Tzuyu looks down in embarrassment. “It’s just that…” She paused, not knowing how to say this to her roommate. Sana kept all of her attention on Tzuyu and noticed how the girl wouldn’t make direct eye contact with her. She looked over to follow Tzuyu’s sight line— or so, she thought at the time Tzuyu could see and Sana saw a symbol cane leaning against the small desk. That’s when Sana started putting the puzzle pieces together, the clueless turning, the lack of eye contact and the stick used to detect obstacles. 

 

“You’re blind.” Sana spoke out loud and immediately covered . She didn’t mean to speak out her thoughts, she heard Tzuyu chuckle to herself and Sana was gripping her hair out of embarrassment. It was a good thing that Tzuyu couldn’t see her right now. Tzuyu nodded at her and Sana couldn’t mouth out any words, still embarrassed from earlier— she really didn’t know how to continue the awkward conversation. The two stood a good distance from each other and Tzuyu spoke, breaking the awkward silence. 

 

“Say, you never told me your name.” Tzuyu spoke in a calm voice, she reaches her hand out to find her bed and proceeded to sit on it. Sana hesitantly walks to the other bed that isn’t preoccupied and sat on the edge of the mattress. 

 

“My name is Sana.” She responded in the same tone, already liking how calm Tzuyu could be. Sana hummed to herself as she looked around the room and saw there weren't many things placed around the room, it was just the essential school supplies and hygiene products— probably because Tzuyu didn’t know where to exactly put her valuable items. Sana looks over to observe Tzuyu, who is staring ahead at the distance. “What’s your name?”

 

“I’m Tzuyu.” 

 

The weeks went by and Sana could say that there was never a dull day in their dorm room. Sana knew that she was falling hard for Tzuyu, ever since she met her, she feels the need to protect the precious girl. Sana would offer to walk her to her classes to make sure that Tzuyu didn’t get hurt or lost— basically being Tzuyu’s pair of eyes. Her and Tzuyu would always get into late night conversations and watch movies with each other. Sana said that they didn’t need to “watch” movies but Tzuyu insisted saying that she had a pair of ears that needed to be used. The two sat on Tzuyu’s bed as Sana set up her laptop in front of them and Tzuyu reaches her hand out to grab the blanket near them. When Tzuyu felt the bed dip beside her, that’s when she draped the blanket over her and Sana, and places her arm around the girl. The Japanese blushes to herself from the bold action and kept convincing herself that this was a thing friends would do. Sana decided to play the movie about the two main characters falling in love and getting married, but then they end up in a car accident and the woman forgets all about her husband— it’s a bit cliche on how Sana chose this particular movie. She kept thinking on how it would be like to date Tzuyu, would the younger girl act the same or would she do romantic acts that would make people curl their fingers at? Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter