Chapter 2

One year changes everything

Breaking up with Tan had been easier said than done.  I hadn't wanted to hurt him but he had to know that I wasn't happy anymore.  His crown and the weight of it would suffocate me and I couldn't stand it.  Being with him,  I could feel myself losing a part of me and I wasn't going to let that happen even if I did care for Tan a lot. It was hard at first. Thankfully Chan Young and Bo Na had my back throughout it. I had only spoken a few words with Tan since the breakup but that was to be expected. 

I was walking back home after work and decided to stop at the convenience store. A few minutes later, I saw Choi Young Do with fresh cuts and bruises on his face come inside. "If you don't disinfect your cuts, they will become infected Choi Young Do. Let me help you." All he did was raise his eyebrow but I knew a surefire way to get him to talk to me. "Young Do-ah." 'Yah, Cha Eun Sang hadn't I told you to not call me like that if you didn't mean it? Besides, why even help me? We aren't even friends.' I didn't expect him to make my heart race so much just from a couple of sentences. "Young Do, you may not be my friend but I am yours and I want to help." He nodded and I knew my mission was accomplished. We both paid for our things and went outside. As soon as we sat down,  I took out the ointment to put on his face. I had never seen his face so closely so I studied his features while I had the chance and while it wouldnt be obvious. It's like the term devastatingly handsome was made for him. I tried to be quick so he wouldnt notice my blush but it was too late for that. 'Am I making you nervous, Eun Sangie?' That was definitely an understatement. He was making me feel breathless, things that I never felt with Tan but it would be too soon to say that so I went with something else. "I can't call you by your name but you can call me mine? I think I'll have to take revenge on you, Choi Young Do." I had managed to leave him speechless for a moment so I thought I'd spare us both some embarrassment and head out. I gathered my things and told him I'd see him at school the next day. 

I didn't think just being in such close proximity would make me giddy. It had been such a long time since I was happy, I mean genuinely happy. Yes, being with Tan had made me happy too but it always felt like we were on a clock and there were too many worries along that I don't think I was ever truly happy with him. Hopefully, Young Do would let me be friends with him and we would take it from there.