Chapter 1

Adore U

A/N: Took me a while to write due to busy schedule at work + learning to draw/paint. I'm not happy with how this ends up but this is all I can do for now. Hope you're okay with that and sorry ~ Will do better next time! I promise!!! 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan peeks behind the small one whose taking out a banana milk and an apple from his locker. He notices a pink letter that was on the further side of the small compartment, almost hidden by the books, and takes the initiative to get it. 

"Your secret admirer is very consistent on feeding you," Jeonghan remarks while opening the letter. He follows the smaller one when it starts to saunter towards the hall. "It's been like what, three weeks?"

The other responses with just a shrug while taking a bite on the apple, not even sparing a glance on the person opening the letter that is made for him. 

"'My Jihoonie,' ooohh, he's already calling you his Jihoon," Jeonghan comments mockingly as he starts reading the scribble on the surface of the paper. "'You're blonde hair suits you. Just how you'd definitely suit me, too.' Oh, that's cute."

Jihoon snatches the letter from the other's hand and slips it somewhere between the pages of his notebook before he enters his classroom, leaving the older outside. 

—————

Jihoon opens his locker and finds a lunchbox and a cola inside. This is not the first time that his so-called 'secret admirer' gave him something fancy, but it is rare compare to the bread or fruit partnered with juice combo he usually receives from the other. He isn't even sure how the other can open his locker but it's fine as long as nothing from his school belongings are missing. 

Jeonghan suddenly appears on his side, slamming his locker close. "Any letter?" 

Jihoon shakes his head. The older has taken on his own the responsibility of reading the letters the secret admirer is writing to the small one. There are days that he gets to read one, while there are days that no letters are sent. 

"What's that?" Jeonghan points at the lunchbox on his hand as they started walking. 

Jihoon opens the box a little and sneaks a peek, his face brightening up with a smile, "Kimchi fried rice." He has been craving for it since yesterday. 

"Ooohh, lucky. Why wouldn't someone do that for me? I mean, I'm pretty enough."

Jeonghan keeps on complaining about his nonexistent admirers while they are on their way to the school's cafeteria. They always eat with their small group of friends. It brings satisfaction to the smaller one to be surrounded by people sometimes even if he is only close to Jeonghan and Jisoo. He barely talks to the others namely Mingyu, Soonyoung, Seokmin and Seungkwan. Those four are the loudest people he has ever encountered with, especially the last three. They even call themselves as 'BooSeokSoon.'

They spotted their five friends in the middle part of the cafeteria, already occupying two tables to save them some seat. Jeonghan goes to line up to buy his own meal while Jihoon proceeds to their table. He gets interrupted when someone passes by him, almost knocking him down if not for his good reflex. 

"Oh, sorry," said guy bowed at him. He recognizes him as Seungcheol, his popular senior. "Thank god you're fast or else you'd probably hit the ground."

"It's okay," he responses. 

The older smiles at him and comments, "Nice hair, anyway," before walking off.

Jeonghan suddenly yanks him to their table with one hand, other hand already holding a tray. 

"Can you believe it our Jihoonie interacts with our school god, Seungcheol?" Jeonghan announces when they take their seats. 

"Really?" Seungkwan exclaims, standing up and slamming the table with both hands. 

"Spill, what did he tell you?" Seokmin leans closer to the small guy. 

Jihoon just shrugs and mumbles, "He just accidentally stumbled upon me and apologized and compliments my hair. Nothing big."

Jeonghan gasps exaggeratedly. "Could it be that he is your secret admirer? He compliments your hair the other day as well."

Their table goes silent for a little while before Seokmin coughs, "I-I don't think so."

"Yeah," Soonyoung agrees, nodding.

"Probably just a coincidence," Jisoo adds up.

"We can't just assume things, but Jihoon hyung's so lucky to have someone to notice him," Seungkwan says, suddenly patting Mingyu who is sitting beside him. "Meanwhile, Wonwoo hyung doesn't even spare a glance at our Mingyu." 

"Yah!" Mingyu whines and everyone at their table laugh.

—————

Jihoon takes out the food from his locker. He notices that the package of the orange juice, like usual, is wet from the moisture. But the bread is still hot. Concluding that someone had just put it there a couple of minutes ago, he looks around to find a familiar face— or someone mysterious enough to be his secret admirer. 

He spots a couple of freshman laughing, Jeonghan and Jisoo walking towards him with a big smile, Seokmin and Soonyoung walking away and Seungcheol, whose standing pretty close to him right now. The latter is opening the locker beside his. 

"Hey, Jihoonie," Jeonghan puts his arms around the small guy, wiggling his eyebrows knowingly while sending a glance at the popular senior whose busy opening the locker. "Excuse me," he calls out. "Seungcheol, right?" 

The older stands up straight and looks at them, "Yes?"

"I don't think that's your locker," Jeonghan points out to the small compartment beside Jihoon's with a kind smile. Jisoo bumps his shoulder a little with the latter, trying to stop him from being an embarrassing friend. 

 Seungcheol reciprocates the smile and answers, "Right. This is actually my friend's and he lends me his key so I can take the book he borrowed from me. But I think he gave me the wrong key." 

"You sure you're not trying to open up someone else's locker without their permission?" Jeonghan probes. And Jisoo clutches on the other's wrist. Jihoon just watches their absurd exchange of words. 

"No, I'm just getting my book. And I'm not stealing if that's what you think."

"Not sneaking up like putting something?" 

"Not really."

"You know," Jisoo interrupts before Jeonghan can say anything more. "I know someone who can help you," he says before turning away and calling Soonyoung. The latter runs up to them with Seokmin. 

"What, Joshua Hong?" he asks in English with a slang in a playfully manner.

"He can't open his locker," Jisoo answers while pointing on the locker the popular senior is trying to open. 

"Ah, let me help." He gets on his knees while taking out two hairpins from his pocket and starts picking the lock. The six of them heard a click and the small door of the locker opens. "There you go."

"Thanks, man," Seungcheol says as he takes out a book from the locker. "I really need this book right now. Exams, you know." 

"You're welcome, sire," Soonyoung salutes before the senior walks away.

"How did you even learn picking up locks?" Jihoon asks curiously. 

"Jeonghan always locks the door of his shared room with Seokmin so I try to help him from time to time." He notices the food from the shorter's hand and points at it. "Anyway, you should eat that already. It's not fun anymore when it's not hot."

—————

"'Roses are red, violets are blue. In our school's festival, can I dance with you?'" Jeonghan reads the beautifully designed letter with bad handwriting before the smaller one grabs it away from his hands.

Jihoon takes a look at it, "How can you even read this?"

The other just shrugs and answers with, "You need to attend so Seungcheol can dance with you." 

"It's not Seungcheol hyung," he states as they enter the library and easily spot their five friends. 

"Jihoon, just believe me on this one." 

"No."

The two sits with their friends who are all busy doing their last minute homework. Jeonghan claps his hands to get their attention. "So guys, do you have a date yet for our school's festival?"

"I heard it'll be a masquerade," Jisoo comments without looking up from his notes.

"I don't need a date, I'll probably be stuck with the school's band to sing for the night anyway," Seokmin says. 

Seungkwan smiles widely, "Guess who's coming with me?"

"Probably no one," Soonyoung answers. 

"Or his imaginary boyfriend," Mingyu added. 

"Yah, you're just jealous because I have one already when Wonwoo hyung hasn't even noticed you yet," Seungkwan bites back. 

"I'm going with Wonwoo hyung already. Soonyoung hyung helped me out."

"Seriously?" Everyone choruses except Soonyoung in which Mingyu responses with an eager nod.

"Jihoon's already invited by the school god, Seungcheol," Jeonghan brags at them. 

"Don't believe him. How about you Soonyoung?" Jihoon asks, leaning on the table to watch Soonyoung scribble on his notebook. 

"I might not go," he answers. 

"I see," Jihoon nods then points at his book. "Is that for literature? That's almost unreadable, by the way."

—————

Jihoon is sitting alone, watching his friends Jeonghan and Jisoo dancing on the dancefloor. Seungkwan went off earlier with his boyfriend, Vernon, who had been eyed a lot by the schoolmates— the reason why they left early. He's handsome like a prince, there's no questioning it. Mingyu is sitting alone with Wonwoo, staring at the latter with a blush like a high school girl would on her crush. While Seokmin, like what he said the other day, is stuck on the school's band singing a hype song.

He sighs before drinking his cup of cola. His own date is still nowhere to be found. He remembers slipping a piece of paper inside his locker with a scrbble of "YES" after receiving his admirer's letter. His reply was gone the next day, replaced with a cookie and banana milk. 

The song Seokmin is singing ends and the melody suddenly changes on a slow one. His friend starts singing a lovely ballad. Jihoon's face is just covered with a half mask and a light make up. And his hair is blonde. His admirer can easily spot him if he's already there. It's been a couple of hours already. He's already losing hope when a fully masked guy approaches his table. "Jihoon."

He looks up before uttering a simple, "Hi." The other's cobalt blue tuxedo is making a nice contrast compare to the others usual black or grey suit dancing on the background. Even he, himself, is wearing a black suit partnered with a white dress shirt and a black necktie. He notices how the other's tie isn't fastened neatly. 

"I'm sorry for being late, and I'm sorry for having no excuses at all."

"It's okay," he stands up and reaches for the other's tie, redoing the knot but smoothly and evenly this time.

"Uh- I was in a hurry to even tie it properly," he chuckles softly. Jihoon can hear the shyness in his voice.

"I almost gave up waiting, you know. But the food is great," he says teasingly.

"I honestly thought you'd be dancing with someone else by now. I was already thinking of ways on how to steal you from someone while running to get here."

"Then ask me to dance with you already before someone else does," Jihoon mumbles but enough to be heard by the other. 

The other stood motionless for a few second, a bit surprised before taking his hand and leading him on the dancefloor. Jihoon has an eye contact with Jeonghan and Jisoo while walking. His nosy friend mouthed a 'who?' in which he responses with just a shrug. He sees Seokmin eyeing them with his wide grin as well then taking a deep breathe before singing the first note of the song.

His admirer stops on the middle of the spacious room and faces him. He gently places his hand on Jihoon's waist and offers his other for the shorter to hold. They sway on the beat with Jihoon's right hand barely touching the other's shoulder and his left hand cold as ice due to nervousness compare to the other's warmth. But no one says a thing about it.

"Why me?" Jihoon says, breaking the comfortable silence they were in. 

The other hesitated for a while before answering, "You keep on running through my mind every single day. I want to know everything about you. I want you to stay by my side. You're just," he halts for a moment, seeming to think for the right word before continuing, "Everything I adore." 

Jihoon blinks a few times as his cheeks turned pinkish, "Thanks, I guess." He chuckles before adding, "Also for the lunches." 

"My cooking is sometimes horrible though, so I'm sorry. But I promise I've been doing my best. Even my roommate who helps me said I've been improving a lot."

"Yeah, the first tteokbokki I had from you is indeed horrible." Jihoon answers, smiling at the memory of the worst tteokbokki he had. "But Soonyoung, you didn't really have to do all of that. Plus, I know you had dance practice before going here. You must be tired." 

There is a few seconds of a defeaning silence with Soonyoung unmoving from his position, making Jihoon stopped from swaying as well as he keeps on looking at the other.

"Y-you know?" Soonyoung stutters in a small voice. 

Jihoon nods. "I have my guesses. Lastly, those eyes definitely belongs to you. You can't hide it with eye make-up." He smiles softly as he reaches for the other's mask and removes it, careful not to mess the other's hair. 

Soonyoung looks down, defeated. But Jihoon still reaches for the other's hand and holds it. "Do you wanna ditch the party? I don't really like this kind of stuff."

The taller looks at him with surprise evident on his eyes. "You're okay with that?"

"Ofcourse."

—————

"Have you seen Jeonghan's face?" Jihoon says in between his laughs as they reach the outside of the university. 

"Yhep! He definitely didn't expect me," Soonyoung laughs with him, still delighted with the fact that Jihoon's hand is still on his.

"Jisoo seems unfazed though."

"He already knows," Soonyoung confessed. "Everyone knows except Jeonghan hyung. We know you two are very close and he has the tendecy to spill it on you so we didn't tell him."

"That makes sense," Jihoon nods. "I'm betting Mingyu is the one who helps you cook."

"Yeah, he scolded me a lot with the mess I made in our kitchen when I first tried to cook tteokbokki alone," he rubs his nape, a bit embarrassed. "How'd you know it was even me?"

"My admirer always give me what I crave for. So he must have known me a lot. Then he can pick a lock—"

"Ohhh," Soonyoung interrupts, remembering when he picked a lock infront of the shorter male for Seungcheol. 

"Right. And that same day, you know the bread is still freshly baked without even touching it," Jihoon says. 

"You're very observant."

"Also, your messy scribble." Jihoon chuckles as he added, "I can barely read it, you know?" 

"Excuse you, but I really tried writing it neatly," Soonyoung responses to his dismay.

—————

Jihoon spends his weekends thinking about Soonyoung— how his hand fitted his when they were walking hand in hand after the party, how his eyes would always light up a little more than usual when it lied upon him, how his lips felt a little chapped but still sweet when they kissed before parting. 

But he will never have to tell this to anyone. Mostly, to Jeonghan. 

To Soonyoung's delight though, Jihoon always responses to his text messages. He never thought that the smaller male would even spare him a second nor would he entertain his silly questions like;

Soonyoung: wat flavor of pizza do u like?

Jihoon: Hawaiian.

Soonyoung: do u prefer kdrama or anime?

Jihoon: Anime. 

Soonyoung: wats ur shoe size?

Jihoon: Seriously, Soonyoung? 

Soonyoung: well...... i jus wanna know, Jihoonie...

Jihoon: Unless you're buying me a dynafit shoes, don't ask. And don't call me Jihoonie. 

Soonyoung thinks he's still the luckiest guy. 

—————

Monday comes and Jihoon and Soonyoung still hasn't seen each other. Jeonghan has been teasing him nonstop while Jisoo just congratuled him. They come across their other three friends while walking on the hallway of the university. 

"Oh, look. I can see our friend's boyfriend from here," Seungkwan greets as they approaches the olders, smoothly teasing Jihoon. 

"We're going to the dance studio," Mingyu announces.

"Jihoon hyung should come and watch his Soonyoungie baby dance," Seokmin adds playfully. 

The six of them ends up going to the dance studio together. As they reach the room, Jihoon peeks at the small glass window of the door and catches Soonyoung a little too close on another guy while the rest of the other students are scattered on the floor. He frowns at the sight that greets him and quickly opens the door, getting the attention of everyone.

"Hey, guys!" Soonyoung greets, arms still looped around the shoulder of the other guy. 

"We brought Jihoon for you," Seungkwan teases as he points at the smaller one infront of him. 

Soonyoung grins sheepishly. "Hey, Ji."

Jihoon walks towards him with his usual serious face.

"D-do we have a problem?" Soonyoung asks, his smile falterring. Chan, the guy beside him, walks away when he feels the older's nervousness. 

"Nothing, Soonyoung," Jihoon answers lowly, still glaring at the taller male as he stands in front of him. 

"W-why are you looking at me.. l-like that?" 

"Am I not allowed to look at you?" 

"That's not what I meant, Ji. You're just too close and—"

"Oh, is this too close?" Jihoon says in a low voice and even leans in closer to Soonyoung who stumbles a little backward.

The taller male nods, cheeks flushed with the close proximity of the smaller male to him. They haven't been that close before. 

"But I thought it's okay for boyfriends to be this close." 

Soonyoung stares at him with wide eyes, cheeks getting redder if possible. He never asked Jihoon for confirmation on what kind of relationship they have now since the revelation last Friday. He's too embarrassed to ask.

He opens and closes his mouth a few times, trying to form a word out. "Y-yes," he stutters. 

"And I thought I am your boyfriend." 

Soonyoung nods frantically. 

"Then it's okay to be this close." Jihoon takes one step, his hands holding onto the older's waist to prevent him from leaning away. "You shouldn't let other people stand this close to you, okay?" 

Soonyoung nods again, speechless. 

Jihoon smiles and pinches his reddened cheeks. "Good!" He takes the older's surprised expression as a cue to close the gap between them. His thin lips touching the pinkish pouty lips. 

Soonyoung is too busy focusing on the soft touch of the other's lips on his that he drowns out the cheers and shouts of the people around them. He doesn't even know nor care when did they start chanting for them. All he knows is he finally got the one he adores everyday.