Two

To Meet or Not To Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another smirk flashed upon his face when he takes another glance to Jung Eunji who still looks dumb-founded in the dining room. He is still boiling water in the kitchen, planning to serve her a cup of tea, hoping the drink would help her gain her sanity back, as the girl was completely rendered speechless at the moment by him, also by having herself here, in his place.

“I had no idea, Sunbaenim.” She told with her eyes fully on him, horror still flashed inside her orbs, like she wasn't expecting anything like this. “I am so sorry.” Again, she apologized. It was her third time saying sorry. And like before, her head hung low after, much to his amusement.

He swallowed down another smile as he put the tray on the table, quietly placed one of the glasses close to her, the girl still looks down, glued at something invincible at the floor, avoiding him. “Sungjae hasn't told you anything?” He broke the pregnant silence between them.

She closed her eyes upon hearing the name.

That Sungjae!! How could he do this to her? Oh My God! What that kid has been thinking, for God's sake!! She mentally cursed on the guy, and when she opened her eyes, she met the gleeful eyes of the home-owner, made her immediately drop her stare, again. Like his floor is the most interesting part of the house.

Jung Eunji being stupidly timid, what an unexpected thing, her members would love to see her being like this, she bet. Usually being the ever-confident lady wherever she goes, yet here she is, having her courage evaporated simply by having him around. This is so awkward, even for herself.

But really, none in her group would stand to have him in such proximity. This is so wild, she thought. So dangerous, she believed. So embarrassing! Her hand runs to covers her face, if only she could burn a rabbit hole between her palms, she would do that right away, to hide inside and never comes out.

At the very least… never comes out in front of this person anymore.

 

He exhaled loudly made Eunji raised her head a little, “Do I make you feel uncomfortable?” he shoots her the question, a very obvious one. Anyone would note how uncomfortable she was around him, but to have him asking the thing so openly is going to bring more awkwardness between them, or at least… from her side.

Eunji was planning on playing naive at first, flashing an awkward smile, yet the man is waiting. Doesn't happy for her polite rejection over the question. She heaved dramatically as her head drops again, what is he expecting? Is he think she would being honest here, and telling him yes, like “Yes.”

A snort caught her attention as he has that playful smirk played back on his face. Which made Jung Eunji widened her eyes in horror, “Did I tell you yes?” She asked being terrified her complexion somehow went paler than before.

“Mm…hm,” He is sing-song replying on her question, being silly. But really, who knows that Jung Eunji would be this interesting? Sungjae was never told him that she was this hilarious.

And seeing her feeling even more mortified was gold.

Okay, he is being mean with this confession, to be happy with someone else's misfortune was no gentleman, but he is enjoying this. More than his initial thought already. “It's fine. I am enjoying your honesty.” He assured the poor girl, his elbow pressed on the table as he rests his chin on the back of his hand, flashing a smile while stared openly at her like she was the most interesting situation in this room.

 

"Sungjae just wanted to help." He later confided, being a little compassionate with this tenant as she doesn't seem to have a true hold on what was going on to herself, “he wasn't pulling a joke with you.” He added shortly after when she was still staring at him with a questioned look.

Gong Yoo folded up his hand in front of the chest, “I can tell you if you were curious.” He graciously offered, “But...” his word faded as his eyes trailed on her glass which left untouched since the very beginning, “have a drink first, Eunji-ssi. You are too tensed now.”

 

“Sungjae was unintentionally told me about you.” Gong Yoo firstly revealed the situation.

Eunji raised one of her eyebrows, but her face color wasn't as pale as before, the tea may help to calm her nerves. “Unintentionally,” she mumbled, repeated his choice of word. “Unintentionally… like how?”

Gong Yoo pressed his lip into a thin line as he nods, “yes. So, we were met up that day. He, Dong Wook, and Me were catching up when I told them that I was going to be away by the next week, away by means, living here in Jeju.” He stopped for a breath before resumed, “and hearing Jeju made him remembered you. He told me that Eunji noona was going to spend her vacation at Jeju.” He fondly recalled the words.

 

Her tensed muscle finally lessened a bit after hearing his story, it was much relieving to know that she wasn't being a pain here.

Maybe, her response for having herself here was kinda overrated, but to stood up before a famous stranger did that to her. She just couldn't help but get wild, because they were never had things in common, although both of them are public figures but they lead a very contrasting life. Even though she was well aware Yook Sungjae was close with this guy, she was never imagined being entangled with him in this situation.

“At first he and Dong Wook were discussing guesthouses at Jeju, Sungjae told us that this was going to be your solo vacation in a while and your friends hoped you could get proper healing without unnecessary exposures.” Gong Yoo explained and a light smile appeared on his lip as he noticed Jung Eunji was finally loosened, “then it was me who offered him this place.” He then confessed, made her produced another pout.

 

opened like she was about to ask some questions but no words come out, especially when he openly flashing a wide smile at her.

“Is it that weird being here?” He asked instead, made her nods instantly.

Her quick answer made the guy chuckles, “they were also worried you would be so uncomfortable here.” He shared, “But they agreed at the end.”

“Agree about what?” Eunji asked for more explanation.

Gong Yoo hummed his answer as he drinks the tea, “About my suggestion.” He revealed proudly while mischievously shrugging his shoulder, “because what they wanted for you was zero exposure, where nobody would bother you. But every guesthouse would be expectantly crowded these time beings, people were also spending their holiday here, like you. So meeting people would be very inevitable. Not to mention safety.” He stopped for three whole seconds, watching vivid gratefulness finally flashed inside her orbs, which was feeling great on him. “So, after weighting on those points, Sungjae voted here and so Dongwook.”

 

“I am feeling bad for saying crossword at him some while ago.” She confessed softly, this time it was him raising his eyebrows, “in my head.” She added, made the guy broke a small laugh as her face went reddish at the moment. Feeling silly and apologetic for having a foul thought to that Yook, when he doing this for her good.

Was she often being egoistic like this?

“He cared for you tho.” Gong Yoo added, as if nonchalantly, “were you guys close?”

She nods. “We used to be in the same agency, but then our subsidiary divide apart,” She stopped explaining the company thing and sighed instead, “I was so ashamed for assuming him pulling a joke now.”

Gong Yoo broke a laugh on her words, “was he often silly?” He asked which made her immediately agree. “He had expected this tho. You were being dumb-founded, thought he was joking, and he had a good blast on imagining this situation anyway. So don't feel so bad.” He assured.

 

 

Jung Eunji blows up loudly as she stared at her reflection in the restroom. Feeling mortified several times in the span less than two hours topped out any bizarre experiences which had happened to her since the debut days, or maybe, for her whole life.

The feeling she felt the moment he walked out from his doorway was just couldn't left, strange itself was an underestimation because the situation was simply out of this world for her.

Gong Yoo was always a superstar in this country, and she knows herself how huge he was up from his youth to this very day. So to land inside his private place was too much. She couldn't decide whether this is a blessing or a nightmare. Okay, the nightmare might sound too harsh, especially when he was doing this for her good, but really, her mind couldn't provide better words at the moment. Though, his explanation helped her settled back most peace within her. For finally knowing that she wasn't being a joke for anyone, and not here for ruining anyone's solitude-- were good.

Gong Yoo let her occupied the room with a window which facing the vegetable field, told her his place was opposite her place. Before he excused himself to let her washes up, being the excellent owner, he reminds her to not feeling uncomfortable here, told her she was welcomed at any place inside and outside the house, and most importantly, to not feel intimidated by having him around.

 

She the faucet, collect some of the waters between her palms before flashing them on her face, a sigh immediately escaped her lip, the water here is even fresher than at the airport. Maybe because the place is surrounded by so many trees, she only could assume, but funnily enough, she felt has already loved the place at the moment.

Eunji stood at the door place of the restroom, eyeing every corner while drying her hair with a small blue towel Hayoung-ie bought for her last year. The room is spacious with a queen-size bed settled at the center and a small table accompanied it at the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter