One

To Meet or Not To Meet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was shortly before two when Jung Eunji walked out from the arrival gate, her left hand pulling on the carrier while her right hand linked on someone's arm, an older woman in pink attire from head to toe. They went on side by side while chatting, or to be precise, more like the woman doing all the talking while Eunji is busily both slowing down her pace to match the woman's and listening to her story. Nevertheless, both seem remarkably close.

“So, will anyone picked you up, Eunji-yang?” Asked the woman after both of them settled down at the bench not too far from the gate.

Eunji shakes her head while adjusting her carrier and backpacks beside her left foot.

A frown appeared on the lady, “but you said you are unfamiliar with this place, will you be ok?” The woman speaks out her worries which flashed inside her orbs as she watched the younger.

Eunji who had both of her hand freed glanced at the woman while fixing her hat, seeing the older lady being anxious made her broke a smile. “I will be fine, Grandma.” She assured the woman, “I can get on a taxi from here, it's the place of an acquaintance.”

An acquaintance of a friend actually, but the lady doesn't have to know the detail anyway. She couldn't buy having the generous woman being continuously anxious for her.

Her assurance made the creases on her forehead fade, she was silent for a moment before clapping her hand happily, the sparks which displayed inside her eyes during the flight is back, that interesting spark mixed of excitement and mischief, “I can ask my grandson to send you along.” Eunji was sure she noticed how the woman suppressed a smile which almost shown into a thin line.

This idea had been proposed by her not long after their first hello on the plane after Eunji quickly agreed to change her seat with the woman so the lady got to seat next to the window. Their conversation opened by the woman asked where she'd gone, then told Eunji, herself was going home after visiting her youngest daughter who lived in Seoul. And next, things suddenly escalated to private matters, with the lady seemingly intended to matches her with one of her grandsons.

“He wouldn't mind.” The woman assured Eunji, “he was such a homebody, a bit shy, but good.” She lets on, as Eunji smiled while listening to her. Trying to be polite. The offer is not even bad, maybe a bit odd, but not bad. And Jung Eunji can't decide whether she was interested or not, it was just appreciation of her good intention.

 

Their talking halted when someone called on the lady, it was a young guy, most possibly the grandson the woman has been talking about. And Eunji couldn't help but smile when the lady stood abruptly before held the guy so tight. A very enthusiastic soul. Eunji's smile went wider as the pair of grandma and grandson broke a laugh later. Seemingly very happy to have each other around. Their interaction made her suddenly missed her gramps.

“Oh-oh,” the lady said as she broke the hug, she quickly turned to Eunji, “Haneul-ah, this is Jung Eunji-yang.” She introduced Eunji to the guy who seems just noticed her presence now. The wide smile flashed again on her lip as she spotted her grandson went speechless, “and Eunji-yang, here is my grandson, Kang Haneul.” She proudly presented the man. “Isn't he as lovely as what I have told you?”

Eunji bows down to the guy, “Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Eunji-imnida.” She introduced herself, a smile flashed on her lip as she continued, “Grandma has been telling me about her amazing grandson.” She paused as she glanced towards the woman who beamed happily between them, “seems Grandma is right after all.”

Haneul-the guy smiled sheepishly at Eunji's words, “I.. mm, Kang Haneul-imnida.” A pink sheered appeared on his cheek, “I hope Grandma is not troubled you, Eunji-ssi.”

Jung Eunji laughs softly, “Not at all, Thanks to grandma, the journey was not boring.”

The woman glanced from her grandson to Eunji, happy to see how bashful Haneul is at the moment, although Eunji seems fine. “So, are you sure you will go by taxi?” She then asked the girl.

Eunji paused for a second before nods, “yes, Grandma.” She flashed another polite smile, “I am so grateful for your offer, but a taxi will do.”

A small pout appears on the woman's lip, “Haneul wouldn't mind helping tho.”

The grandson raised his eyebrows in confusion which replied by another polite smile from Eunji. Seeing how the girl has been determined to turn down the offer made the woman sighed, giving in. “Okay then. But, remember to visit, okay?” 

“Ah ne,” Eunji immediately agree, she glanced at her watch, eighteen past two. Seconds next, the pair excused themselves. With the grandma remind Eunji to visit her during the trip, and the grandson flashing an apologetic smile, which both Eunji replied by another brilliant smile as she waved lightly towards them.

She waited until the pair was far enough before resuming her own, she bends down to picked the backpack from the ground. Her eyes peered around, the airport still hectic, although thankfully there was no crowd among her. The girl pulled down her hat before went on, fastening her pace towards the restroom as her left hand steadily dragging the carrier behind her heel.

The girl instinctively hung her head lower when she runs to a couple of young girls as she walked towards the restroom direction.

 

 

Habit is surely a scary thing.

Jung Eunji pulled off her hat when she was sure none around at the restroom, a frown appears seeing how messy she is at the moment. Her hand runs picking out a huge pouch from the backpack, the pouch is packed with so many stuff, she quickly picked a comb from the crowd.

Hat was always her go-to shield on most days. Especially when she traveled alone, like today. Of course, it wasn't completely hindered her appearance but she indeed felt safer wearing the thing on.

Hiding. She wasn't sure when she started doing it, but she has done it numerous times since debut days. Right, debut. The day she finally lived on her dream as well as the day where her private lives went blurred. But she loves it, of course, it means people loved and cared for her, of her group. Fans are mostly lovely. But she still hiding at the end.

From media.

Media is a dangerous play, especially for people in limelight like her, they could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter