Landmines?!

RUN!

And before you could even process what was going on. Ren held on your wrist tightly to him dragging you to run with him with the guys infront of both of you. But all of a sudden all of them stop abruptly. Causing you to bump in to the guy name Min Hyun’s back kind of hardly. But he seems unmoved and all of them are staring at the ground for some reason. Looking over all of their shoulder, you saw multiple blinking red lights on the ground. All spread out. And it was all around all of you as well.

 

 

Ren: ! NO ONE MOVES!!!

 

 

Before you could ask what that was, an announcement bell rang through the speaker.

 

*Ding Dong Ding Ding*

“Dear contestant, landmine has been activated through the arena”

Baek Ho: NO !!! WE CAN SEE THAT!!

“And it would stay on for the next 24 hours. Good luck and stay safe.”

*Dong Ding Dong Dong*

Min Hyun: 24 hours?!

Aron: . I swear if I find out who she is….. ARGHHH

Jr: What do we do now? It’s not safe to stay on the ground.

Ren: Whatever you do, stay away from the blinking lights. Climb on the trees. We need to stay in a high place. We can’t stand here for 24 hours. Be careful guys. Min Hyun & Aron take the tree on the left. Baek Ho and Jr take the tree on the right. Me and her. Wait what’s your name?

Zenda: Zenda. Zen for short.

Ren: Okay. Zen and I will take the tree infront of us. Move slowly guys. Don’t trigger any mines. Because all of them are near each other. If one is triggered the whole place will explode and take all of us away with it. So be careful, all the trees are near each other. We can still communicate, keep each other awake. Take turns to sleep. We don’t want anyone falling from the tree.

 

 

With that all of them moved to the respective tree slowly. But you stood there frozen not moving at all. Panicking and confuse. Not knowing what is happening, why is it happening and how are you going to end up. Are you going to die here? Thoughts and emotion hit you like a truck, breaking you down as tears started flowing. Noticing your breakdown, Ren squeezed your hand getting you out of your thoughts. Wiping your tears with the other hand caressing your cheeks. Bring your face up to meet him.

 

 

Ren: Hey!! Look at me. I know this is hard to process and believe. But everything will be fine, okay. I’m gonna keep you safe. Trust me. I’m not gonna let anything happen to you. I’m gonna protect you. It’s alright. Everything is going to be alright.

 

 

Giving you a reassuring smile, squeezing your hand a little tighter. Calming you down. Seeing you more composed. He asks if you’re alright. Giving him a small nod, he asked you to follow his steps slowly. And lead you to the tree near both of you.

 

 

Ren: I’m going to support you from the bottom. You’ll go up first, just step on the tree vines to get you up. It’s steady enough to hold you. There’s nothing to worry about. Climb up to that branch over there. I’ll be here to catch you if you fall. So, don’t worry alright. After you reach there, I’m climbing up to meet you.

 

 

You nod and started placing your hands and leg in place. While Ren puts his hands on your waist supporting you up. Giving you a push so you got up the first step. Guide you along the way on where to place your hands and legs to get you safely to the nearest branch. It took you quite a while to get use to using your strength. But at least you made it and was already sitting on the branches waiting for him to climb up. In no time, he was already up with you. Sitting on the branch, back leaning on to the trunk of the tree. While you are sitting facing him. He pulled your hand, so that you moved closer to him. Pulling you into his embrace, hugging you.

 

 

Ren: You can sleep first. Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall. Just sleep, I know it’s been a long day for you and there is so much things you’re still trying to take it and figure out. But just sleep it off, I’ll explain to you after you’re awake.

 

 

Patting your back with one hand and caressing your hair. You have so much question in your head, but you decided to listen to him and sleep it off instead. Taking his comfort and warm, getting yourself to sleep. Listening to voice, taking it as a source of comfort, you slowly drifted to sleep.

 

 

Ren: Jr and Aron, get some sleep. Beak Ho and Min Hyun will take the second shift and talk to me. We can’t afford to doze off.