New.

Fresh Blood.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two 

Being a vampire was much different than I expected. It had been around a week now since I woke up, and rather than going home right away like we had originally planned, Mark and I stayed at the cabin. He hadn’t even told the rest of the guys that I had woken up. We needed some time to ourselves. I needed some time to continue to wrap my head around this. In that week, I had managed to accidentally rip every door in the cabin off of its hinges, causing the people at the hardware store in town to raise their eyebrows at us everyday we came in to buy new door hinges. I hadn’t gotten used to the blood thing yet. I chose to not think about it. I had to feed, but I tended to wait until I absolutely needed to before doing it. I was sticking to my capri-sun pouches though. Mark, he had been incredible, and I was beginning to think that there wasn’t anything that he wouldn’t do for me. I didn’t mean that in a cocky way either, it wasn’t as if I thought of him as my servant, I had just come to the realization that he cared about me that much. Although, it could be the intensified emotions of being a newborn vampire talking. But I knew one thing for sure, I didn’t regret my decision. I would have had to make it eventually anyway, if I wanted to spend forever with Mark. It did seem a little teenage girl-ish however, giving up humanity for a guy, bonded or not, and who’s to say that Mark and I would even be together for eternity. That’s a long time, what if we got sick of each other? Part of me was glad I had to make the decision in the way I did, but another part knew I wouldn’t have had to make that decision at all if I hadn’t agreed to help Mark and the guys in the first place. I wouldn’t have died at all if I had never gotten involved with them. The reality of the situation was slowly beginning to hit me. I would never get married like a normal girl, I would never have kids, I would never grow old and have grandkids to tell stories from the good ol’ days to. I’d have to watch my friends grow old and pass away, I’d have to distance myself from my parents as they got older and I didn’t. I would have to somehow avoid their questions about why I wasn’t having kids. I shook my head, and a tear rolled down my cheek, I look up at Mark who is passed out on the couch, thinking back to when I agreed to all of this in the first place. Mark was such a cocky when we first met, his sass was out of this world. I never would have imagined falling in love with him back then.

“Why are you crying?” Mark suddenly appeared in front of me. I knew that he could easily take a look into my thoughts and figure it out, but we had been working on staying out of each other’s head, as privacy is needed sometimes. He brushed his fingers against my cheek wiping away some of the tears. “Please don’t cry…” He whispered, I could feel the pain that my discomfort was causing him, and that made me feel even worse.

“Does it get easier?” I asked rather than answering his question. He wrapped his arms around me realizing what this was about now. This had been a topic that had been continuously coming up over the past week. 

“Yes and no.” He sighed, “It’s going to take some time to adjust. It’s a whole new life. But not everything has to change.” He placed a kiss on my forehead, “You still have school, and me, and the guys. It’ll be okay.” I didn’t respond, “You gotta talk to me Jen, what’s really bothering you?”

It took a moment for me to respond. None of this would work if I wasn’t able to talk to him. 

“I’ll never be normal again, Mark.” I finally spoke. “No kids. No grandkids. I won’t have a normal wedding, because if I did get married to you, it would have to be at night, and I’m going to have to leave my parents.” 

“You can adopt if you really would want kids. Whether you got married during the day or at night you would be just as beautiful. The time of day doesn’t change how drop dead gorgeous you are. No pun intended.” Mark winked. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter