Hold me tight

Hold me tight

Yoongi hears the noise of the water boiling and gets up from the chair he is sitting on. While preparing a chamomile tea, he closes his eyes and appreciates the silence. It is really unusual. Normally, the place would be filled with Hoseok’s obnoxious laugh or for Seokjin’s loud voice complaining about something but Yoongi witnesses this silence for the third night in a row. Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok, Namjoon and Seokjin are visiting their parents and friends and, even if Yoongi loves them a lot, it is nice and comforting staying on a place in complete silence.

Almost in complete silence, Yoongi corrects when he listens on the background, Taehyung singing one of his random songs somewhere in the dorm. Taehyung was the only one, besides Yoongi, that decided to stay.

This would annoy Yoongi a year ago, because Tae is the only member that insists to disagree with him on everything. However, they are in good terms in the last few months, since Taehyung found Yoongi eating alone on the dorm at dawn, one day. Since then, the younger started to make him company every time he sees him. When Yoongi can’t sleep, Taehyung asks him to watch movies. They have the same taste for movies and tv shows so it isn’t a problem when they need to choose something. On the beginning, they sat separately, each one in each corner of the big couch on the living room. But, after three months watching movies every week, they started to lie down together. It is comfortable and it became natural and now Yoongi just lies down next to Taehyung without saying anything.

This doesn’t happen frequently though; normally Yoongi spends the whole night on his studio and comes back only on the other day on the afternoon but, once or twice a week he sleeps at the dorm and, when this happens, Taehyung always appears.

This week in particular, Yoongi is in the dorm for the third day in a roll, which is very unusual. And, specially this day, he is regretting not going to his studio because the space heating network broke at the end of the night and they can’t call anyone to fix it because it’s too late.

This wouldn’t be a problem if they weren’t in the middle of the winter and the dorm wasn’t freezing. Yoongi goes back to his room shuddering, gritting his teeth and his breath shaking, a mug with warm tea in his hands and sits down on the bed, encompassing his legs and feet with all the blankets he has.

He gets a book that was on the bedside table and opens it on the page that is bookmarked, trying to ignore his feet freezing even with the three pairs of socks he is wearing. He reads it for almost thirty minutes, drinking his tea, that relieved a little bit of the cold, but not completely.

Everything is calm but, of course, nothing can be calm for a long time if Kim Taehyung is less than 50 meters of you.

Yoongi drops his book on the floor when Taehyung opens the door, out of the blue, without knocking.

“Jesus Christ, Taehyung.” Yoongi says and puts his right hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating faster. “What is it? Go to bed, it’s late.”

“Why aren’t you sleeping, then?” Taehyung answers, still on the door.

Yoongi sighs but doesn't answer, keeping his fingers crossed that Taehyung would simply go away without him needing to say anything. He closes his eyes and opens it again, to see if Taehyung would have disappeared.

It didn’t work.

“What’s the problem?” Yoongi asks, turning his body to try to take his book without needing to get up.

“The heater is not working.” he hears Taehyung’s answer on the same time he gets the book and smiles for doing it.

“I know.” Yoongi answers without even looking up.

“Can I-”

“No.” Yoongi says while he searches for the page he was reading before.

“You didn’t even let me finish!” Taehyung complains, pouting.

“I know what you’re gonna ask and the answer is no.”

The room remains in silence for a few seconds and Yoongi thinks Taehyung had given up, but, of course, he is wrong.

“I’m cold.”

“Yeah, me too but I’m not bothering other people because of this.” he chides, pretending he is reading the book.

“Please, hyung.” Taehyung talks in that way you can’t say no. Yoongi had to take a deep breath to control himself.

“No.” he says but makes a mistake when he looks up, meeting Taehyung’s gaze. That damn puppy eyes.

“I can’t sleep.” he pouts.

Yoongi sighs, angry at himself for giving up so easily and humoring Taehyung’s wishes. “Ok.”

Yoongi hears Taehyung clapping and his hurried footsteps towards his bed. Taehyung lies down beside him, Yoongi still sat with his back leaned on the wall behind him. They stay in silence for a few seconds.

“Hyung.”

“Hm?” Yoongi murmurs.

“Can you read the book you’re reading to me?”

Yoongi sighs heavily, closing the book on his hand and peering over the boy beside him. “I’m not reading you anything, Tae.”

“Please?”

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want to listen Foucault before sleeping.” Yoongi chuckles and Taehyung smiles.

“Yeah. You’re right…” Taehyung whispers. “So, can you tell me a story?” he asks, before Yoongi could open his book again.

“No, Taehyung.” Yoongi says, annoyed.

“Please?” Taehyung tries to make his baby voice again.

“No and it’s no use doing this voice. Go to sleep.” Yoongi answers.

I’m not going to let him win that easily.

“I can’t sleep now. Please? I promise I’ll sleep after that.” Taehyung holds his wrist gently and when Yoongi hesitates a second to answer, he knows he have already lost.

I let him win that easily.

“Ok.”

As soon as Taehyung hears the older’s answer, he quickly leans his head on Yoongi’s lap. Yoongi darts his eyes down to meet Taehyung’s gaze on him and god he feels his whole body getting warmer and his heartbeat increasing.

He hopes he won’t stammer once he talks because he is extremely nervous at the moment.

“Ten years ago…” Yoongi starts, his voice low, almost a whisper. “I was 14.”

Taehyung looks at him on tenterhooks but Yoongi doesn’t say anything else. So he realizes that  it is just one of the older’s jokes and he complains. “No. Stop. Please do it correctly.”

Yoongi scoffs at the younger’s reaction and instinctively puts his hand on the younger’s hair, it.

“Right… When I was… Eight? Eight, I guess. I was home alone. My mom was working and my father… He used to stay home all the time but that day he had to go out. I don’t remember why, though. The only thing I remember is that I was extremely hungry.”

Taehyung was staring at him attentively, catching all the words that are leaving his mouth.

“I’ve never been a tall person, so-”

“I think everyone knows tha- Ouch!” Yoongi hits his forehead.

“As I was saying, I’ve never been a tall person. We used to have this shelf… We used to put the foods in there, like a larder. And I remember that my mom used to put all the biscuits on the last shelf and I just couldn’t reach it.”

“I bet you couldn’t reach any of them.”

“I was really hungry,” Yoongi ignores the younger’s comment. “so I had this brilliant idea of going up the shelf so I could get a cookie. You know, climbing it.”

Taehyung lips twitches in amusement.

“But the shelf fell down on me. Literally. The whole shelf fell down on me. I fell off it and hit my back on the floor. I wasn’t hurt or anything, I just couldn’t move, it was too heavy. Actually I was just too lazy to try,” Taehyung wasn’t laughing until Yoongi finishes. “so I slept. I just woke up when my mother arrived, three hours later.”

Taehyung bursts out laughing. “Why didn’t you use a chair or something like this?

Yoongi looks at him pensively. “I think I was an idiot.” he chuckles.

“You know…” Taehyung says, in between laughs. “you normally don’t tell funny stories to people who want to sleep.”

“I’m sorry,” Yoongi says but he sounds anything but as he smiles, his gums showing up. “why don’t you tell me a story, then?”

“It’s me who wants to sleep, you are the one who needs to tell me stories,” Taehyung pouts and closes his eyes. “but I think I’ll fall asleep only with you my hair.”

Yoongi takes his hands off Taehyung’s hair, provoking him. The younger only furrows his brows raking for the older’s hands. When he finds it, he puts it back on his hair. Yoongi finds that extremely cute. Just like a puppy.

“Don’t stop.” Taehyung murmurs.

“I need to sleep too, you know.” Yoongi whispers.

Taehyung opens his eyes, gazing at Yoongi, making the older’s heart stop for a moment. “So lie down with me.”

Yoongi pretends to not be nervous and looks away, feigning confidence and Taehyung chuckles. “I was going to, already. The bed is mine, you know…”

Yoongi turns the lights of the lamp off and lies down, facing Taehyung, their gazes meeting. Yoongi has this habit of letting the curtains open. It is a full moon night and the dim moonlight lights the room up making Taehyung’s face unreal.

Taehyung is handsome. His tousled hair and his face without makeup doesn’t change the fact that he is ing beautiful and pretty attractive. His sleepy face and the small smile on his lips only makes the older dizzy. Yoongi wasn’t surprised when Tae was elected the man with the most handsome face in the world, because he is just so pretty but, at the same time, Yoongi couldn’t help but feel a sting on his stomach because of jealousy.

His skin looks so smooth, Yoongi can't help but touch it, Taehyung shuddering with the touch but never closing his eyes. Yoongi the younger’s cheeks, his fingertips nuzzling his toned skin, until he finds his lips. Yoongi stares at it for a moment. He doesn’t know if it was because of the comfortable darkness in contrast with the dim moonlight seeping through the window or the closeness that made him bring his body closer to the other. But it doesn’t matter why he did that — not at that moment, at least — because Taehyung’s lips are touching his. The kiss was gentle and idle, both sleepy and tired, and it didn’t last long. Yoongi breaks the kiss because he is scared he did something wrong but Taehyung is ing beaming at him. The younger holds his hand and interlaces their fingers, Yoongi squeezing it slightly. He can’t help but smile at Taehyung too.  

And this seems extremely right. Taehyung with him at that moment seems like the most correct thing on the world.

He doesn’t know when he fell asleep. He just knows that, on that day, he didn’t dream about anything, but he had one of the best sleeps of his life.

 

When he wakes up the next morning, the sunlight seeping through the window, the first thing he sees is Taehyung’s face. It takes Yoongi ten seconds to remember where he is and why the  Taehyung is sleeping next to him.

How can you do my heart beat so fast so early in the morning?

His mouth twitches in a small grin when he feels their legs tangled beneath the blankets and his heart gets warmer when he realizes they are still holding hands.

He gets up being extremely careful so he wouldn’t wake up the younger and leaves, sheepishly, a soft peck on Taehyung forehead, looking at his serene and calm face one more time before leaving.

How can someone be so pretty like this?

 

Yoongi leaves the room and goes to the kitchen. He is in the mood for pancakes.