Winter wonder

Writings on the walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months were moving incredibly fast. Baekhyun couldn’t believe the wedding was now just two days away, it didn’t feel real and yet, it couldn’t be more true; preparations had started a month ago, since Sooyoung wanted to be sure everything was ready and to have enough time in case something went wrong and that only helped for the butterflies in Baekhyun’s stomach to go crazy, making him feel anxious and nervous 24/7, to the point where not even Chanyeol had been able to help him calm down.

Sooyoung had been unreachable, refusing to speak to anyone and spending hours to no end behind the closed doors of the Great Hall: the venue where the wedding would take place and Jongin, moping around because Kyungsoo hadn’t contacted him since the day of the engagement party. Baekhyun hated to see him like that, with a sad expression on his face when he thought no one was looking and forcing a smile whenever it was necessary; he hated the fact that Chanyeol had been right about his brother’s relationship with the other prince all this time. Baekhyun just couldn’t stop thinking about how much Kyungsoo did not deserved such a beautiful soul as Jongin’s, but as Chanyeol had said, they needed to let him fall and get on his feet on his own. Jongin would eventually come to his senses, or so they hope.

But despite everything that had happened, Baekhyun couldn’t deny that his relationship with Chanyeol had gone from almost zero to overpassing whatever expectation he ever had about it; with them spending the majority of the day together, just hanging around or making out on every dark corner of the palace, to sneaking around at any chance they got and getting in on any random room they happened to be near off to engage on intense ual situations, always with the thrill and the adrenaline of knowing someone could find them at any given moment. Baekhyun had tried to stop those encounters; aware that what they were doing was frowned upon by their society: with what being royals and an unmarried couple, they were supposed to wait until after tying the knot to sleep together, but it had turned out to be completely impossible. Chanyeol is addictive in every way and Baekhyun couldn’t even start to describe how he felt every time the older would touch him, kiss him and worship his body as if it was the most sacred temple. Everything was simply perfect. Chanyeol was perfect and Baekhyun couldn’t ask for more: marrying his best friend, the man he always thought would be his partner for life and now, it is coming true; as of now, Baekhyun has everything he ever dream to have and he knows it won’t stop at this; he won’t stop at this, not until he feels fully satisfied with himself and how his life is developing.

Surely, insecurities would still take over his mind from time to time, fearing that Catherine would do something with the information she holds in her hands; but four months after her parting to never return again, they were receiving the news from her father himself, that he was sending his daughter to a Catholic boarding school on the European mountains. No communication was allowed and even when Baekhyun still kind of felt bad for her, that had been a huge weight lifted of his shoulders. He could breathe in peace and enjoy the upcoming celebration without any worries clouding his mind.

Baekhyun had started to think, the moment he heard the first scream from Sooyoung, that letting the princess do everything on her own had not been a good idea after all. He hasn’t seen her since Wednesday, after she excused herself from diner to keep working on the preparations. She’s been beyond secretive, by keeping the Great Hall out of reach for everyone, especially for the grooms to be and if Baekhyun has to be honest, he’s beyond curious. He trusts that Sooyoung will make a wonderful job, but this is about his day─ their day and he and Chanyeol have all the right to at least get a little heads up.

So Baekhyun glances to his sides and to his back, making sure no one is around. He had spotted the Great Hall’s doors slightly open just a few minutes ago. This was his chance, probably the only one to take a peek of whatever is going inside there, so carefully, he bends down a little and squints his eyes to try and catch something from the inside, but all he can see is white and people coming and going at a fast pace carrying boxes and more boxes. Baekhyun frowns, shouldn’t everything be ready by now? Or at least almost ready?

Anxiousness suddenly fills his body and he’s about to push the doors open and see what is truly going on in there, but as he presses his hands flat over the wooden surface, another pair of hands place themselves on his hips.

“Gotcha’.” A voice says and Baekhyun yelps, turning around ready to make an excuse and run out of there before Sooyoung finds out he’s been spying on her.

“Ah, it’s just you.” He says, flatly and turns back around to continue what he was doing.

“What do you mean it’s just me?” Chanyeol scowls. On a swift movement, he sneaks an arm around Baekhyun’s stomach and pulls him against him, pressing the younger’s back on his chest. Baekhyun gasps and his hands move to grasp Chanyeol’s forearms.

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun hisses, but he doesn’t make any attempt on trying to get away. “Someone could see us!” His eyes move around, but they’re just as alone as before.

Chanyeol hums. “I know you’re dying to get in there.” He mumbles as he nuzzles his nose behind Baekhyun’s right ear, making him shiver. “But Sooyoung will kill us both, literally. I want to live to be on my own wedding.”

“I didn’t─” Baekhyun gasps when Chanyeol nibbles on his earlobe. “Wait, stop─” but Chanyeol doesn’t, he continues kissing and softly biting the sensitive skin of his neck until Baekhyun lets out the first moan; the older prince’s arms tightly wrapped around his torso to keep him from running away. “Weren’t you the one beating himself over the fact that we shouldn’t be doing this just a few months ago?” Baekhyun pretends to sound angry, but what Chanyeol is doing with his mouth on his neck, ears and nape feels just wonderful. He allows himself to close his eyes, tilting his head to the side to give his fiancé more space to explore more of his skin.

“You did this to me.” Chanyeol whispers on his ear and then, he releases a gush of hot breath on there. “I’m hard half of the time because I can’t stop thinking about you.” And to prove his point, Chanyeol presses his lower part against Baekhyun and the prince can feel indeed the hardness poking at his .

Baekhyun whimpers and shivers, unconsciously pressing his back. “If someone comes─”

“There’s an empty tea room just a few doors down. It’s closed due to some renovations.”

“How convenient for you.” Baekhyun teases, trying to sound compose and unbothered, but the truth is, just as Chanyeol, he’s dying to just turn around, push his prince against the wall and have him right there. There’s no one around anyway. But Baekhyun doesn’t proud himself of being quiet enough to do it on a relatively public place. “Fine.” He finally relents.

“Great. But we have to be quick, we have to see the tailor to check on the final details of our suits─”

Baekhyun doesn’t let him finish his sentence when he’s already pulling him along. Chanyeol points at the right door and Baekhyun is quick to shove him in, closing and locking and getting on his knees in record time.

“How much time?” He asks, already breathless while he works to get Chanyeol’s pants undone.

“Fifteen minutes.” Chanyeol breathes out, chest already heaving and hands strongly pressed against the wall for some leverage. The sight of Baekhyun on his knees is enough to rile him up to impossible levels.

“Plenty.” Baekhyun mumbles and then, he’s pulling Chanyeol’s hard out and diving in to get it in his mouth.

Chanyeol hisses, closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the wall; biting his lower lip as he smiles and moans.

Baekhyun knows how to work with his mouth and Chanyeol couldn’t be more proud of how all of Byun Baekhyun belongs to him and only him.

●●●●

Junmyeon knows. Baekhyun is absolutely sure that Junmyeon knows what they’ve been doing for the last couple of months and if the way the advisor suspiciously squints his eyes at them as the tailor takes Chanyeol’s measures is any indication, then yes, it is a confirmation and the advisor is aware of the illegal activities they have been performing behind the closed doors of basically every available room in the palace.

Baekhyun shifts uncomfortably on the armchair he’s sitting and sips on his tea just for the sake of having something to do, anything but having to face the man’s accusatory eyes. But the tea is cold and Junmyeon is a relentless man, so his eyes never waver, making Baekhyun feel like he has committed the most atrocious crime, the most unforgivable sin; but could Junmyeon really blame them for acting like a pair of hormonal teenagers? They are two healthy males, in the spike of their lives, about to get married and just starting to explore the fields of a new relationship. Of course they would get more often than not, especially Chanyeol; that had been a new side of the prince Baekhyun had been more than pleased to find out about.

So Baekhyun thinks, it and he places his mug over the coffee table and lifts his head to meet eyes with the advisor, a confident look and smile on his face. Junmyeon seems to understand the meaning of it; he discreetly clears his throat and looks away, proceeding to tend to what Chanyeol is asking for and Baekhyun just missed.

Instead, he smirks to Jongsoo, who’s standing close to him─ who does know about everything that has been going on recently. The boy blushes a little, but giggles anyway, covering his mouth with his hand.

“Could you please bring me more tea? This is cold.” Baekhyun asks him.

“Of course, Your Highness.” Jongsoo bows his head and walks away with the silver tray.

Baekhyun follows him with his eyes until the boy di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter