Bonus #4 (part 1)

Writings on the walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun blinks, his hands moving up to place themselves protectively over his swollen stomach as he stares in disbelief at his husband, tears threatening to spill out and a tight knot forming on his throat, making it hard for him to swallow.

Chanyeol had never yelled at him before; he had never even raised his voice to him and now, Baekhyun doesn't exactly know what to do or what he did to trigger such a rude response from his husband. He just wanted for Chanyeol to join him and his siblings for dinner, after he had spent the whole day clogged in his studio, supervising the remodeling for the baby's nursery. Chanyeol hadn't even let Baekhyun see what was going on, wanting it to be a surprise and maybe Baekhyun had barged in without permission after Chanyeol had made him promise not to be nosy, but still, he didn't see that as reason enough to be treated like that.

Baekhyun could understand though, what Chanyeol was going through, after a visit from Dr. Song on his earlier months and analyzing Chanyeol's behavior and symptoms, the man had told them he was going through something called sympathetic pregnancy and that there was nothing they could really do, except to be patient and wait for it to disappear on its own.

Baekhyun never imagined that his husband's mood swings would reach this point. Chanyeol is fuming, Baekhyun can see it on his face, with the way his jaw and fists are tightly clenched, his brows deeply furrowed and his posture stiff and tensed. He's looking at Baekhyun with a mix of emotions in his eyes, half angry and half regretting what he just did.

"I told you I didn't want you here." Chanyeol says in between gritted teeth, not being able to control the words coming out of his mouth, despite the big effort he's making to not mess up things even more. He can see the hurt expression on Baekhyun's face and he doesn't like it.

"I─ I called you several times." Baekhyun mumbles, taking a defensive step back as he rubs his six, almost seven months old belly. "And left you some messages─"

"Well, me not answering should have been a clear sign for you, love." Chanyeol spits, mentally smashing his head against his desk; he wants to stop talking, but his brain to mouth filter seems to not be working.

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun's teary eyes and the way his hand clenches around the part of his shirt covering his stomach, it makes him want to reach out for him and beg for forgiveness, but he's still feeling irritated and his brain scrambling around with a thousand hurtful things to say if he gets the chance. He knows he's going to end up hurting Baekhyun more if the older stays another minute.

"I'm sorry, I─"

"Leave, please." Chanyeol grumbles, more to Baekhyun's benefit than his own.

"Yeol─"

"I said leave!" The younger prince exclaims, louder than he intended to, making Baekhyun jump a little.

Baekhyun stands there for a few more seconds before storming out of the studio, leaving Chanyeol with an apology full of regrets hanging from his tongue.

Baekhyun knows it was probably not Chanyeol's intentions to yell at him that way, the mood swings had been the worst part for him to get through, but it doesn't hurt any less. Despite of not experiencing the pregnancy symptoms himself, Baekhyun still feels extremely emotional sometimes, especially when Chanyeol is not around and not having his husband to tell him everything's going to be okay, makes it even worse.

"Baek?" Jongin stops the prince's fast pace in the middle of the hallway. The younger prince approaches him carefully and worried. "Are you okay?" He asks when he sees the tears staining other's cheeks. Baekhyun sniffles as he quickly wipes up the salty liquid with the sleeves of his shirt, nodding insistently at Jongin. "Liar." Jongin frowns, crossing his arms against his chest as he stands in front of Baekhyun, intercepting his way.

"I'm okay, just a little emotional." Baekhyun reassures him.

Jongin still doesn't look convinced; he looks over Baekhyun's shoulder, to where Chanyeol's studio's door is slightly ajar, coming to the conclusion that Baekhyun just came out from there.

"Did my brother say something to you?"

"No! He─"

"Bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter