This unnie is really weird

Case Code: Once

It has been a week since Ji A-unnie became my so called temporary manager. Everyone was baffled but since it was JYP-nim’s decision they can’t really do anything. Ji A-unnie makes my schedule and makes sure I do them. If I have some homework from school, she gives me time and she sometimes helps me when I can’t really answer the questions. She’s really smart though. It’s like I have a private tutor or something.

I also noticed that Ji A-unnie, on few occasions, calls me Ji Hyo. As to why, she said it was her cousin’s name and that I look like her. I’d like to see that cousin of hers one day. Today, unnie called me and said that I can head straight home and rest. Truthfully speaking, it’s convenient to have Ji A-unnie.

“I’m home.”

“Ji Soo, welcome home.” Mom smiled as she looked over.

“No practice?”

“None, unnie said I can go home and rest.”

“You’ve been a lot more cheerful these days.”

“Really?” The past week had been pretty smooth.

“Isn’t it just because unnie can’t handle her schedule well and is really indecisive that’s why she’s been really stressed? You should thank Ji A-unnie for making your life easy.”

“Yah!” This younger sister of mine is stressing me out.

“That’s right! Ji Soo why don’t you call her and ask her if she could join us for dinner? I’d like to thank her personally.”

“Okay! I’ll go call her.”

“And go change your clothes young lady.”

I ran upstairs and dialled unnie’s number after changing my clothes.

“Hello?”

“Ah! Unnie!”

“Ji Soo did something happen?” Unnie asked me and worry was evident in her tone.

“No nothing’s wrong…it’s just that…do you still have some work to do?”

“Finished it just now, why’d you ask?”

“My mom wants to invite you to dinner.”

“I’d be delighted to.”

“Yay! I’ll pick you up at XXX”

“Okay be right there at 5:15 or so.”

“Bye unnie.”

“Bye”

The call ended. I’m glad she accepted the offer.

“Mom! Unnie said she’s coming!”

“Okay sweetie.” Mom’s voice echoed through the hall.

“I’ll go out for a bit.”

I hurried downstairs with my coat on hand.

“Where are you going?”

“I need to pick unnie up. She might get lost.”

“Okay. Be careful.”

I braced myself for the cold wind and I’m glad I did, it’s really cold. I reached the station at 5:14, unnie should be here any moment now. The bus came right on schedule; I greeted unnie as she stepped out of the bus. We were busy chatting when unnie bumped into someone. The girl was older than me, maybe about 16. Thankfully, she wasn’t annoyed. She was glaring though or not? After saying her apology the girl went away. When she spoke, I immediately noticed her bunny teeth. I nudged unnie who was still frozen in place.

“Unnie? Are you alright?”

“Ji Soo”

“Yeah?”

“I found the other one!”

She looked at me excitingly. What is she talking about? I looked at her questioningly.

“You’ll find out soon.” She said as she patted my head.

“Let’s go.”

“Uh…okay.”

Why do I feel like something’s going to happen? If it’s a bad thing or a good thing, I can’t really tell.

“Ji Hyo, are we there yet?”

“Unnie, you’re calling me Ji Hyo again. And we’re almost there, hang in there.”

We haven’t walked that far and unnie’s already tired. She seriously has zero stamina.

“We’re here.”

“Thank goodness.”

I opened the door and waited for unnie, she was still fixing herself. Said she wants my family to have a good impression about her.

“We’re back!”

“Ji Soo, welcome back. And who might this pretty lady be?” Dad asked as he looked at unnie.

“Good afternoon sir, I’m Song Ji A, Ji Soo’s manager. Well, temporary manager.” Unnie said and then bowed.

“Ah! So you’re Ji A. Nice to meet you. Come in, make yourself at home.”

“Please pardon my intrusion.”

I should really ask if unnie’s a half Korean. Her gestures are all over the place. Entering our humble abode, mom cheerfully greeted unnie.

“Now then, let’s not keep our guest waiting. Let’s eat.”

“So Ji A, why did you apply for a manager position? Don’t you want to be a trainee?” Mom asked unnie, Mom’s question almost choked unnie.

“It’s just that I have stage fright so being on stage is a bit…”

“Unnie but it’s a shame if you won’t become an idol. You’re really pretty.” My younger sister mumbled as she ate.

“Maybe being an idol might be fun but I still have some things to do.” Unnie replied.

“Some things?”

Unnie’s answer piqued my interest. I can’t help but ask.

“You’ll find out soon.”

Mom and Dad continued talking to unnie. Before we knew it, dinner has ended and unnie was about to leave.

“Thank you for inviting me. The food was really delicious.”

“Do come by again when you have time Ji A.”

“We may trouble you with dealing with Ji Soo. Please do take care of her.”

“I will. Please don’t worry Mrs Park.”

I left with unnie. She might get lost if I leave her to walk on her on. Also, I still have some things to ask her.

“Unnie what is it that you have to do?”

“I can’t really tell but one thing’s for sure. You’re part of it.”

“Me? How?”

Unnie looked at me and then turned her head towards the night sky and spoke.

“Ji Soo, do you want to debut?”

“Why so sudden? ...I do want to.”

“Solo artist?”

“I don’t think I can handle that yet. Being in a group would be fun.”

“How many and what type of members would you want to have?”

Her question struck me. If I were to debut, It would be JYP-nim who would pick the other members. But if I were to choose…I’d want it to be them. Wait, whose ‘them’?

“Ji Soo?”

“Uh…I don’t really know. It might be good to become a member of a big group. Having many members, we’ll have much fun and we’d never get bored. What kind of members…it would be great if we can treat each other as a family and I hope that as a group we can inspire others.”

“That’s a pretty long answer for someone who doesn’t know what she wants.” Unnie then laughed.

“Why are you asking these questions all of a sudden unnie?”

“Say, Ji Hyo will you help me?”

“My name’s Ji Soo, and stop answering me with questions.”

“Sorry, so will you help me out?”

“What is it that I have to help you with?”

“Let’s just say that I know just the right people that you would want to have.”

“And I have to help you with that?”

“Yup”

“How?”

“That… I still don’t know.”

How can I help her if she doesn’t have a concrete plan? Yet, something tells me to just go along.

“Okay, I’ll help. I’m bored anyways.”

Unnie then laughed. We talked about random things and I remembered what I wanted to ask the most.

“Unnie are you half Korean?”

“…”

“Unnie?’

“Let see…I’m partly Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese...and Filipino.”

“That’s one heck of a bloodline.”

“Yeah…just like the situation I’m in. Oh, we’re here. Thanks for guiding me. I might really get lost if I walked on my own.”

“No problem.”

“But I memorized the pathway so I’ll be fine on my own next time.” Unnie said.

“Memorized? How?”

“Uh…I have a memory of nine people…yup nine people”

Unnie bid goodbye and rode the bus. If she has a memory of nine persons then why is she a manager? And, wait, why do I even believe her words? It’s obviously a joke. Unnie’s sense of humour is weird.