Episode 3

Serendipity Next Door

Image result for lalisa

 

10 mins after Lisa broke the partition.....

"Oh my....look at this," Suga said in surprise.

"I have no idea partition walls could break so easily," Jin commented.

"Of coz they can. They have to be able to break easily in case of emergency so that you can run away."

"Oh, I get it."

"But all I did was to lean up against it and it broke..Anyway I get why Mr Suga is here but why are you here Jin?"

"You're really a nag arent you. I am concerned when I heard a loud noise coming from above."

"But still you didnt have to come all the way up here..."

"You got a lot of nerve eh."

"Excuse me?"

He puts on an angelic face but his words got her riled up," I bet you broke that partition on purpose to try and get close to Kookie."

"If so, I would have done a much better job at it!"

He grins."Better? So that Kookie wouldnt find out or something?"

"Yes!"

"You're terrible." Jungkook steps inside the balcony.

"Huh? What? Wait a min, I was just kidding!"

He looked at Lisa with doubtful eyes. "I dunno."

"Pffttt Listen! Let me make one thing clear here!" Lisa burst out angrily. "Not every single woman in this world is crazy for KOOKIE. And to be blunt, I have no interest in him whatsoever! He is just a neighbour to me, nothing more! So stop being so suspicious of me!"

All the guys except Jin looked at her with a stunned look.

"Ohh...scary," Jin grinned.

"Thats enough teasing Jin,"Suga warned.

"Ok,ok...I am sorry "

Jungkook looked at Suga. " What are we gonna do about the partition?"

"I'll call someone to fix it tomorrow but I am sure they need time to order another one. So I doubt it can be fixed right away..."

"Cant you get it fixed as soon as possible? This is really an invasion of my privacy." Jungkook purposely looked at Lisa when he said that.

"Like I said, that want my intention!"

"Now, now. Lets all calm down. You'll just have to bear with it for now."

Both. "......"

..........

The next day.....

*Sigh......*

"What are you sighing about? If you dont hurry up and eat, lunch will be over," Rose asked concernedly.

"Are you still worried about the idea for the website design?"J-Hope asked.

"No,I stayed up all night last night, getting it done," Lisa answered as she stuffed the food into .

" So whats wrong then?"

"I'm just having some trouble with my neighbour..."

Lisa said a lot of things yesterday but once she calmed down,she realized that she was the one who caused all the trouble in the first place. After all, she was the one who broke the partition. 

And then she was the one yelling at everyone. Her attitude was terrible.

*sigh.........*

"Can you please stop sighing? All your happiness is going to escape that way!" Rose chided.

"So what kind of trouble do you have with your neighbour?" he asked.

"I accidentally broke the partition wall separating our balconies "

"Huh? Did you run yourself into it or something?"

"No,all I did was to lean up against it and it broke. So now things are kind of bad between me and my neighbour."

"Well, that can cause a disagreement. Cant, you ask the building manager to fix it?"Rose asked.

"Apparently it'll take a while to get it fixed and that's what's bothering my neighbour so much."

J-hope nodded in understanding. "Because he doesnt have any privacy or something?"

Lisa nodded.

''So why dont you put something up temporarily until it gets fixed."

"Like what?"

"A big plant or maybe board up the part in the wall that that got broken? But then again, that might cause problems for the maintenance guys when they try to fix it later. How about you just hang up a curtain instead?"

A curtain? Yeah, she'd be able to do that right away....

Lisa hugged Rose for the perfect idea.

 

...........................

After she got home.........

'I can get a big plant this weekend. But for now, i'll just hang up a curtain. This fabric should be enough....'

Lisa managed to push the heavy stepladder out onto the balcony and attached the curtain onto the hooks.

'Phew...This should be good for now. Now I just have to hang it up.'

"Meowww......"

"Oh its you! You're back again?"

"Meow!"

"Hey wait! Dont scratch that fabric...!"

RIPPPPPPPPPP!

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

Lisa's brand new curtain is totally ruined!

"Why did you rip it? Now I cant use it...."

"Mew!""No, you cant go over there! That's Jungkook's apartment!"

rattle rattle!

Uh oh, Jungkook came out!

"What are you doing?'

"I was trying to hang up a curtain."

Jungkook looks suspiciously at the curtain on Lisa's hand.

"You mean that ripped fabric? "

Lisa sighed. "It was brand new until a few seconds ago."

"Meow!'

Jungkook looked surprised at the cat. "This is your cat?"

"No, I didnt know who it belongs to. I think it might be a stray but its really friendly."

He squats down and pets the cat. He looks happy and kind.

"Do you like cats?"

"I dont hate them but it must be nice to live so freely.."

Free.....?

"But arent you, Jungkook?"

He looks at up her. "Me?"

"I mean you have a job that you love right?"

He looks away in silence. His face looks kinda sad.

"Huh?Um..."

Oh no, did she just make him sad? What's wrong with him? Did she said something rude? She didnt mean to..

Oh, that's right. Jungkook's taking a break from music right now. And yet she said he had a job he loved...

"I'm sorry Jungkook. I shouldnt have said that."

"Said what?"

"Huh? I just said....."

He's holding a beer...Did he just come out to get that? 

"What? You want one?"

Lisa shakes her head."No thanks, I dont really like beer..."

"You dont? Why? "

"Its too bitter for me."

He smiles. "You're such a kid."
Lisa rolled her eyes. "Well excuse me for having such immature taste buds. I like alcohol just fine,though.drink plum brandy pretty often."

"That's so sweet. Its practically juice."

"There are a lot of kinds of plum brandy though. This year I brewed mine with barley soju."

Jungkook looks surprised. "You brewed it yourself?"

She nodded. "Every year, wanna try some? "

..............

Jungkook came over to Lisa's balcony.

"This is the one from last year made with clear liquor. And this is the kind made with brandy."

Jungkook took the glass from Lisa. "It smells!"

"Uh huh, the brandy kind has a stronger smell."

Jungkook swirls the liquor in the glass a few times and then takes a sip. " I bet this would taste bet on the rocks."

"A lot of people say that. But I like it with soda. Its easier to drink that way."

"Meooowwww!"

"No,no! This is alcohol. You cant have any."

The cat looks sad.

"Why dont you feed it? Jungkook asked.

"Who, me?"

"You think I know how to feed a cat?'

Lisa sigh again.

.........

"Here you go. C'mon."

Lisa set the small plastic bowl near the cat.

"Salmon again?"

"I just boiled some I had in the fridge for sashimi. And this plate is for us.I cooked up some canned salmon with onions and cabbage. Go ahead and eat ."

He stared at the food in silence.

"Fine then, I'll eat it all myself."

"Nobody said I wouldnt eat it."

"You dont look very impressed."

"Yeah because I thought its cat food."

"What?! I mean... I know it doesnt look good but t doesnt look like cat food!"

"It's not just that. The plate looks cheap too."

"Well, its only a dollar. It wont taste any different on a cheap p;ate , you know!"

Jungkook sighs and then said quietly,"Once when I was shooting a music video, the director got mad at his assistant. He said 'Bring the lunch in a better container!' "

"Why is that so?"

"Because a nice plate will make you feel like you're eating something expensive."

"No wayyyyy."

"Try it yourself if you dont believe me."

"........"
........................

The next day she bought 2 sets of bento and one a rice dish in a ceramic container.

Lisa hid all the prices with a marker.

"Why do you have 3 lunches?"J-Jope asked. "Are you that hungry."

"Lisa,I guarantee you'll gain weight if you eat all those."Rose told her.

"Dont worry, I'm not going to eat them all but just look at them for a second. Which one do you think is the most expensive?"

"The one on the right obviously."

"I think so too. Its at least 10 dollars more."

That was quick. They both chose the rice dish in the ceramic bowl.

"Oh, wait a minute," Rose said. "The one in the middle has a lot of sides

J-Hope observe the bentos more clearly."That's right. So does the one on the left. Isnt thishamburger from a really popular restaurant?"

"The most expensive lunches in order are the middle, left and then right." Lisa told them both.

"Yeah, that makes sense. After looking more closely at the ingredients, it clearly shows but the rice bowl really seemed the most expensive at first glance."

Hmmm.....So Jungkook was right.

What you eat off is more important than I thought.

"Are the sample import goods I ordered here yet?"

Rose nodded. "Yep, they're in the warehouse."

"May I borrow a few plates?"

.........

Lisa put the bag containing the plate into the bicycle's basket and started to pedal more carefully than usual.

Okay, she'll have to try this out herself.

She decided to put food on one of the plates and also one form home and compare them.

"I'll take some pictures for my report."

She'll have to make a bunch of food today

All right. First she'll make some squash salad. Then caprese salad and consomme soup with leftover veggies.

............

Lisa reached the lobby and heard voices arguing.

"I said NO!"

Huh? That voice is......

"Why do you think I'm taking a break from music anyway?Just let me do what I want now!

Isnt that Jungkook?

She wonders who he is talking to.........