01 | Stranger in the Rain

Wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Do you remember?

On days the wind blows like this

I remember the street we walked on

 

 

 

 

 

 

A rush of adrenalin engulfed her, overwhelm. It did the magic every time, every performance, Yoona smiled. There was applause, cheering her name, it never ceased. It was amazing. Her come back had been great and was well received. There was no complaining.

 

‘ Let’s go home, Yoong.’ With that thought, she starts her pace toward the dressing room.

 

“ Yoong?” she turned to the voice. Her manager, holding a phone. Hers. It must be her mother.

 

She gave him a smile; “My mother, right?”. He nodded in amusement, saying that it’s been an hour or so since she called and handed her the phone.

 

“ Thanks! By the way, I’m taking the car.” She told him with a sheepish grin, it annoyed him whenever she did this. Refusing him to drive her, but with that pretty face? She could get away from everything, no arguing in that.

 

“ Just drive straight away home, it’s going to be raining. You heard me little lady?” he scold her, nagging non-stop like he usually does but, of course, she knew that he cared.

 

She gave him a reassuring smile and bid him goodbye. As she waves the man away, her phone rings.

 

Omma

 

There is she, she mused. Her worried-over-nothing mother. She answered her call.

 

“ Yah, did you missed me, omma?” she walked into her room, smiling to the remaining staff and start to gather her things.

 

“ Of course I do, Yoongie, but that’s not why I’m calling you.” She laughed at that. That was so her mother. Stuffing her things into the bag, Yoona bows the staff goodbye, silently thanking their hard work before she walked away.

 

“ Why then?” she bids goodbye to some of her colleague that passed-by. At the same time, trying to remember where did she parked the sedan.

 

“ Ah… can you stop by tomorrow? Your father and I, we need to talk to you.” Yoona did a mental check, yupe, she would be as free as a bird tomorrow. It would be nice, visiting her parents. She missed them.

 

Yoona stopped at the main entrance of the SBS building, for once, realizing, it was raining. Groaning in displeasure, she almost forgot to answered her mother.

 

“ Yupe, can do. I’ll be there the first thing in the morning.” With that, she ended the call with goodbye, still eying the rain.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter