Really long oneshot

Fire needs air and wood to burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was raining and gloomy when Mark was born. It was warm in the room he was born in though. Both his parents liking the heat. Which is weird considering neither forest children nor sky children likes the heat, but they were different.

His dad was short and spicy, but still a sky child. His father was tall and funny and friendly, but still a forest child.

It never bothered Mark that he was mixed. He kinda liked it. He could fit with multiple people and not be hated. He could speak to forest children without them hating him, which felt nice. Still he was nervous about going to school tomorrow. He had been going to the school for years, but tomorrow all the homeschooled kids come. He would meet forest children for the first time which was both terrifying and exciting.

He had looked into the people starting the next day too see if there were any forest children months ago, and there was. One named Na Jaemin, which Mark had looked for seeing he was hateful and quiet. He seemed to like being alone. The other one was Huang Renjun, which was friendly, but still he enjoys being alone.

Mark wanted to be friend with both boys, but they were best friends. Everybody knew it was hard to become friends with best friends.

“Mark, sweetie! You have to sleep now.” Mark sighed as he put down his book and turning off the light. Making himself ready to sleep. Letting one last thought about the next day pass trough his head.

 

On the bus the next day Mark couldn’t see the forest children, but he saw them the minute he walked off the bus. It was as if they were shining. They looked different from everybody else in a way nobody could explain. However there was another kid who caught Mark’s eyes.

He was speed walking from a silver car to the building. His red hair was messy and so was his uniform. He was clearly late to school, but it was still 30 minutes until school started.

Mark forgot the boy however when he saw multiple children walking closer to the two forest children. Making Mark hurry towards them.

“Hi. I’m Mark.” One of the boys scoffed while the other smiled slightly. The boy who scoffed was clearly Jaemin while the smiling boy was clearly Renjun.

“Don’t worry guys. I’m a forest child too.” Jaemin scoffed again, but Mark could see him opening up to him. From that moment on Mark knew he would be friends with the boys.

“And? You can’t be just a forest child.” Mark smiled at Jaemin’s words, not getting a smile back, but he hadn’t expected it.

“I’m half forest half sky.” This was the first time both of them smiled properly. Renjun’s smile was much more welcoming than Jaemin, but still he was smiling.

Mark was happy about his new friends. They spoke for awhile after that, all three of them walking to class. Mark speaking for the most part.

The second they walked into the classroom Mark could feel his lungs tighten by the looks of it, Jaemin and Renjun had it worse. Both of them already backing out of the room without knowing they were doing it.

“Forest children sit in the back, it’s the best air there.” Their teacher yelled across the room, all three of them went to the back of the room. Mark could see the sky children he grew up with sitting by the window. Mark usually sat in the corner, where there was both visible sky and good air, but he was older now and he didn’t need it.

 

The boy Mark saw outside earlier wasn’t in their class. He decided pretty early in class that he was going to find the boy. From what he remembered the boy had red hair and tanned skin. He had to find him. Mark didn’t know why he wanted to meet the boy, but he knew he had to.

As soon as class ended and lunch started Mark ran out of the room telling Renjun he would be back when class starts. He decided to check the cafeteria. He had a feeling he wouldn’t find him there. So when he scanned the cafeteria and didn’t see any red hair he turned around and walked out.

He thought about going to the basement, but decided against it. He knew full well that the basement was for the bad students, and he really didn’t feel like being beaten today. So in the end he decided to go to the top floor. The top floor was rarely used. Come to think of it Mark had never been to the top floor.

He ran up all the stairs hoping he didn’t have to walk back down defeated. His mind was clouded with anxiety, but he pushed it all back. Forcing every negative thought out of his head.

When he could hear three voices yelling as if they were in a full on fight his heart jumped. For some reason he knew he had come to the right place. He was pretty sure he even knew which voice was the boys.

He walked into the room in a slight daze. He wasn’t sure what to say when three rare children looked back at him. Not rare, more like myths.

There was a silver child, his hair shining and his eyes light, there was a coal child too, his black hair glimmering in the light and his complete black eyes staring straight at Mark. It was the last one he looked at that was the boy he came for. Mark understood now, he was a fire child. That was why he was running far from the others, why he didn’t go to his class.

The boys bright red eyes bore straight into Marks. All three of the boys were clearly shocked to see Mark walk in the door, the fire child however did very well hiding it.

“What are you doing here?” It took awhile, but finally the fire child spoke out as the silver child ran through the door checking for teachers. The fire child’s voice was amazing. Mark decided it was his new favourite sound.

“I… I don’t have a good answer to that.” He scratched his neck, an old habit he had when shy. The fire child laughed slightly.

“Well, now that you’re here we might as well find out who you are.” He looked at the coal child. The coal child walking out the room. It was clear the fire child was the youngest still it looked like he could control the other two like it was nothing.

“Coal boy is Lucas or Yukhei. Believe it or not he’s only a year older than me, and silver child is Jungwoo. The oldest, two years older than me, and the mum of the group.” The fire child walked towards one of the four desks in the room. Before Mark could ask however the fire child was explaining why there was four desks.

“Jungwoo’s cousin, a year older than me, Yeri was caught dating a water child and had to move. Her desk is not taken away yet.” Mark walked towards the boy nodding slightly. He decided to sit on the desk in front of him and turning around.

“And you are?” Mark spoke his first words in a while, but he liked talking to the other boy already. He seemed easy to talk to.

“I’m your local fire child Donghyuck.” He opened his palm letting a small fire burn in his palm. Mark had almost forgotten fire children could actually produce fire, which made them so rare. People wanted their power so they were killed one by one. Also the reason they didn’t have normal classes incase they lost their control.

Mark let out a small ‘wow’ in amazement. It was truly amazing to see it in real life. Seeing how the boy just did it so effortlessly. He just opened his palm and there the fire was.

“You’re not telling me who you are?” Donghyuck smiled at him making Mark’s heart beat a little faster. His neck and face turning bright red. Donghyuck closed his hand making the fire disappear.

“I’m your local sky and forest child Mark.” Donghyuck laughed. His laugh rung in Mark’s ears. Maybe that was his favourite sound instead? He wasn’t sure anymore.

“You know you aren’t supposed to be here right?” The smile disappeared of his face as he looked at the door. Mark turned too. He almost had a heart attack because of the person in the door, but he quickly realised it was only Jungwoo.

“She’ll be here in two. Hide him.” Donghyuck only nodded and Jungwoo ran back out. Mark looked as Donghyuck went to the back of the room and opened the closet.

“Get in. Be quiet. No questions.” For some reason Mark knew he had to. So he jumped into the closet. It was small, but weirdly comfortable at the same time. He could hear Donghyuck speaking in a light tone. Lighter than he spoke to Mark. More forced.

“I thought you guys would have ruined the classroom by how I left you guys.” A female voice spoke out. The three boys outside the closet laughed nervously.

“We made up.” A voice Mark hadn’t heard before said. Yukhei. It had to be him.

“That’s good. For this class we’re having plain old maths.” Mark could hear them groan and a smile flickered over his face until he realised he would probably have to be here until school finished. If the teacher didn’t leave in the short ten minute breaks.

“When are we done at school today?” Mark knew this was more a question for him than for Donghyuck himself. He really appreciated it.

“3pm. I tell you this all the time Haechan. Monday’s you’re done early. Do you ever listen.” Haechan? Who’s Haechan. And early? 3pm was way too late. He would die in that closet. Mark was sure of it.

“How many times do I have to tell you my name is Donghyuck. Only my brother called me Haechan and he’s not here anymore so it’s only Donghyuck now.” Mark felt a stab of pain in his chest. Donghyuck had a brother he lost. Mark didn’t know in what way he meant gone, but still it had to hurt.

“I apologize Donghyuck. Now let’s get ready for today’s lesson.” A thought Mark didn’t like passed through his head. He was going to miss the second half of the school day because he was hiding in a closet. Fun…

 

Almost four hours later of maths and many fights the door to Mark’s hiding place was opened. Mark however had fallen asleep a long time ago and only fell out. Connecting with the floor so hard he bit his own tongue. Groaning slightly.

“Oh I’m sorry. I should have asked if you were ready.” Donghyuck was leaning over him. Smiling, but looking concerned.

“It’s not fine.” The smile dropped in Donghyuck’s face, but it grew on Marks. “It’s only fine if you hang out with me.” A cocky smile spread across Mark’s face. He could see Jungwoo and Yukhei in the back picking up their backpacks and leaving.

“Sure. My parents are open to everybody, but remember I’m a fire child. Fights will happen between them.” A wave of shock went through Mark’s body. He really wasn’t expecting Donghyuck to say yes. He was happy of course. He had already decided he was head over heels for Donghyuck, and he was making Donghyuck his

“Let’s go.” Mark only nodded as he followed the boy out of the room. His eyes on him the entire time. Donghyuck was really beautiful.

“Oh I need to get my stuff. Wait here.” Donghyuck nodded at him, before he turned around and ran to his classroom. Hoping for his dear life his teacher wasn’t there, but she was. He tried to ignore here, but it didn’t work out.

“Mark Lee where have you been?” She looked at him like he was crazy. He probably was too.

“Uhm… toilet?” He really wasn’t sure what to make as the excuse. He hadn’t thought of any. He was either asleep or mesmerised by Donghyuck.

“If you’re going to date him be careful. We can’t let him go too.” To say Mark was shocked was an understatement. His whole body clenched up and he looked at his teacher.

“My wife’s a gold child. I know where you were. Be careful okay?” Mark only nodded and ran out of the classroom. A huge smile appearing on his face when he saw Donghyuck leaning against the wall looking at his hands.

“Finally. I was about to leave without you.” A giggle went through Mark as he walked up to Donghyuck. He could hear the joking his voice.

 

Mark had no idea where the fire children lived, so when they stepped out he didn’t know where to go. Donghyuck seemed to be looking for something. Mark decided to only watch the younger for a while. When it had been a minute and Donghyuck still hadn’t spotted the thing he was looking for Mark decided to comment on it.

“What are you looking for?” Mark laughed lightly when Donghyuck turned around and looked at him as if he had forgotten he was there. Donghyuck quickly followed suite. Laughter rolling out of him.

“The car that’s going to take us home.” As if on queue a silver car rolled up in front of them. Donghyuck quickly opened the door and jumped in. Mark however took a couple of seconds to go inside.

“Who’s this Hyuck?” The man in the front seat was scary. His eyes were huge and his presence was strong. He was the perfect human being, Mark however liked Donghyuck more.

“He’s just a friend, dad.” Dad?! The perfect human being didn’t look much older than Donghyuck. Mark had been sure he was Donghyuck’s brother.

“You don’t have to look so shocked. Fire children aren’t made the same way as normal kids are.” Donghyuck giggled as Mark’s face went deep red. The perfect human being only drove on.

“I’m sorry. I… forgot… I guess.” Again Donghyuck giggled. This time however Mark laughed sheepishly with him. Rubbing his neck in embarrassment.

“It’s okay. I can teach you everything when we get home.” Mark smiled slightly at Donghyuck before looking out the window. Seeing the forest around them. He knew this forest. It was the forest he used to live in. The forest Jaemin and Renjun live in. They were quickly through it though. This time they drove through a burned area. It filled Mark with sadness, but it also made him happy. He could feel the were almost there.

In school they learned the forest city was the furthest away from the sentrum, but today Mark learned the fire city was even further.

“You know… there’s only one fire child every 18 years. I was born 17 years ago... “ Mark expected Donghyuck to keep talking, but he didn’t. Mark understood him though. Going from being the youngest to the second youngest in under a year, must be weird.

“Don’t worry… You’ll always be my favourite.” A blush danced on Donghyuck’s face. He tried to look away from Mark. Choosing to look at his hands instead.

“Just a friend huh?” At Donghyuck’s dad’s words both Mark and Donghyuck’s faces went bright red. Donghyuck’s already existent blush going even deeper.

The rest of the ride was quiet. It wasn’t a long ride. Maybe 5 minutes later they were walking out of the car.

“WHY ARE YOU SO LATE?” A loud voice came from the front door. Making Mark jump. His face showing clear shock.

“Hi daddy.” Donghyuck only walked up the short steps in front of the door. Hugging his dad slightly before going inside. Mark decided it was best to follow him. He ran up the steps. Donghyuck’s other dad only watched him.

“Sorry dear. I didn’t know what to do when I saw Hyuck with another child.” Their voices were already getting quieter just stepping inside the house.

“Fine Tae, but only this time.” Mark let out a sigh hearing them being friends again.

“Sorry about that. Daddy is always so mad.” Mark only nodded. Not quite sure what to say. He couldn’t exactly say he agreed. It would be rude.

“Oh and the hot on is dad or Taeyong, and the mad one is daddy, or Doyoung.” Mark mouthed their names. He had a feeling he had heard them before.

“Their names… they seem familiar.” Donghyuck stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned around and looked at Mark. He stood there staring for a while before quickly pulling Mark towards his room. Throwing the older boy onto his bed.

“Do you perhaps know Jeno?” This question shocked Mark. He didn’t know why Jeno had anything to do with it, but still he nodded. He did know Jeno.

“Holy .” Donghyuck only sat down beside Mark. Staring at his own hands for a while. Looking lost in his own thoughts.

“Donghyuck? What’s going on?” Mark’s voice seemed to snap Donghyuck out of his thoughts.

“You know I said fire children are born differently than other children right?” Mark nodded again. Still very confused.

“We are made by two fire children burning inside a building without knowing it. Fire doesn’t hurt us you know.” Mark was beyond shocked at this point. “Dad and daddy were in a house fire when they first started dating and they woke up with two fire children beside them. Me and my brother, Jeno.” Mark gasped out loud at this. Donghyuck only nodded at Mark’s reaction.

“But he is a water child.” It couldn’t be real. Donghyuck was only kidding. He had to.

“There can only be made one fire child every 18 years remember. We were two. The elders all freaked out. Adults can make themselves fire children, like daddy did. when they turn 18, but there can’t be made two children.” Mark nodded trying to understand what Donghyuck was saying.

“So you can make yourself a fire child when 18, but there can’t be more than one child born every 18 years.” Mark repeated seeing Donghyuck nod.

“Yes, so when me and Jeno were made we weren’t allowed to grow up together, but still our parents tried. They tried to keep us secret, and they were able to for 7 years. We were happy, but one day an elder just opened our door as we were playing and took Jeno with them.” Tears started to roll down Donghyuck’s cheeks.

“The next time I saw Jeno was at school three years later when it was made illegal for special children to not have an education. He didn’t even look at me. I could tell immediately of course that he wasn’t a fire child anymore. He was a water child trough and trough.” After being frozen for a while Mark decided to hug Donghyuck. Feeling his tears wet his shoulder.

“I loved him so much Mark. He was my best friend and now he doesn’t even know who I am.” Mark only hugged him tighter. Knowing his words wouldn’t be good enough to show how he felt.

It took Donghyuck about an hour to completely calm down. His eyes bloodshot red, matching his hair. He wiggled slightly out of Mark’s grip. Smiling at the older boy.

“Thank you.” Mark only shook his head and hands signalling Donghyuck to not thank him.

“Don’t thank me. You deserve so much better than a hug from me.” This time it was Donghyuck who shook his head, a smile playing on his face.

“The only thing I ever want is to hug you.” Mark tried to write Donghyuck’s words into his brain. Never wanting to forget them.

“Then hug me all you want.” The sentence was hardly out of Mark’s mouth and he was already shy.  And from what Mark could see he wasn’t alone. Donghyuck’s cheeks and neck were completely red. Mark scratched his neck again, but this time Donghyuck stopped him.

“You scratch your neck when you’re nervous. I want you to be completely comfortable with me and never feel nervous.” Donghyuck pulled Mark’s hand down to his lap. Still holding it when Mark tried to find something new to say. They held eye contact as Mark finally decided on what to say.

“I’ll always feel shy around you. Your face is beyond beautiful. How can I not feel shy or nervous when you look like that?” When Donghyuck’s cheeks turned bright red Mark decided he would always compliment Donghyuck.

“Oh shut up. You look like god himself made you.” Mark tried to hide his face, but Donghyuck held his hand and was already reaching for the other. Mark was not willing to let Donghyuck win however so he tried his hardest to pull his hands loose.

It was on his fourth try Donghyuck decided to push Mark down on the bed and put Marks hands over his head. One arm on each side of Mark’s face. Donghyuck’s face right over Marks.

Both of them were blushing messes, but still neither of them moved. Both enjoying seeing the other up close. When Donghyuck leaned even closer Mark almost screamed. He could smell the sweet scent of Donghyuck perfume, and the slight smell of sweat, which Mark thought smelled amazing too. He could see each little detail of his eyes. He could see how his cheeks twitched slightly as if he wanted to smile, but couldn’t. But most importantly, he could see how soft Donghyuck’s lips looked. How they looked kissable and perfect.

When Mark looked back into Donghyuck’s eyes he was met with the same expression he wore.

“I want to kiss you…” Donghyuck’s breath was heavy. He sounded as if he had been on a run, but Mark knew how Donghyuck felt because he too felt out of breath.

“Kiss me.” It didn’t take Donghyuck even a second to connect their lips. It took however the both of them a second to get confident in their kissing.

It was messy and inexperienced, but still amazing. Donghyuck’s lips were so soft. His breath was warm. In Mark’s mind he was the perfect person to kiss.

After they separated they both smiled shyly. Mark’s hand already shooting up to his neck, but again Donghyuck pulled his hand away. He pulled Mark closer by the arm, connecting their lips again. They kissed multiple times. Taking breaks to breathe, but only that.

“HYUCK? DINNER IS READY!” Mark jumped, but still he kept their lips connected. Donghyuck laughed into the kiss while cupping Mark’s face.

“We… need… to… go…” Donghyuck spoke in between kisses and Mark only nodded back, but neither of them separated.

“LEE DONGHYUCK IF YOU DONT COME DOWN IN ONE MINUTE YOU WONT GET ANY DINNER!” Doyoung’s voice boomed from the ground floor. This time Mark and Donghyuck stopped kissing and went down for dinner. Mark was chest filled with happiness. He loved the feeling he got when he saw Donghyuck walk down the stairs towards his family.

They stepped into the dining room where Doyoung was complaining, and Taeyong was hugging his husband from behind. Asking him to calm down. Which he did when Taeyong kissed his nape. A small smile creeping up on Doyoung’s face. He turned around and kissed Taeyong straight on the mouth.

“Gosh stop!” Donghyuck screamed covering his eyes. Mark could tell by his smile however that he was joking.

“Like you and Mark weren’t just making out instead of coming to dinner.” Both Taeyong and Doyoung laughed. Mark and Donghyuck both blushing, but still smiling happily.

“Well, let’s eat.” Taeyong said as he sat down. All three of the others following him. The table was filled with food. From salad to steak. Mark smiled slightly as they all started to eat.

“So… Mark how did you meet Hyuck?” Mark exchanged a quick glance with Donghyuck before answering.

“Uhm… I saw him run into the building this morning. He looked as if he was late even though class didn’t start anytime soon. So, during lunch I wanted to find out who he was. And I did.” Donghyuck watched as every word left Mark’s mouth. Smiling to himself. Silently proud of catching Mark’s attention.

“You met today?!” Taeyong almost choked on his food and Doyoung yelled in surprise.

“Yeah…?” Mark wasn’t sure why they were so shocked, but Donghyuck laughed at his dads.

“I know right, but he was so cute and nice.” Taeyong nodded and Doyoung smiled.

“Still you’re already making out? Wow, can you believe that Taeyong…” Doyoung looked over at his husband while Donghyuck turned to Mark to roll his eyes and keep eating.

“Doyoung, we had two kids at eighteen.” This made Doyoung scowl and Donghyuck laughed. Mark did too. However Taeyong noticed he had said something wrong.

“I meant one kid.” Doyoung and Taeyong both looked like they were freaking out. Trying to hide that they ever had Jeno.

“Don’t worry. He already knows.” This time both Donghyuck’s dads gasped.

“How much do you trust this boy?” Doyoung said in full shock. Mark felt kinda bad knowing so much, but Donghyuck however answered as soon as Doyoung was done speaking.

“With my life.” This time it was Mark’s time to almost choke on his food.

“Well, Mark you better need to be careful with my baby. If you hurt him I will murder you.” Doyoung smiled sweetly, but Mark was still slightly scared.

“I’ll never hurt him. I promise.” Mark held his hands up in the air as if showing he was speaking the truth.

“Also you need to be careful with people knowing. If the teachers find out Donghyuck might have to move.” Mark only nodded. His heart breaking at only the thought of Donghyuck moving.

“Yeah yeah. Daddy you’re scaring him.” Donghyuck’s hand wrapped around Mark’s wrist and pulled his hand away from his neck. Mark hadn’t even noticed his hand was on his neck.

“Oh, I’m sorry dear.” Mark shook his head and waved his left hand as if to say it was okay. He was sure he would be waving both hands if it wasn’t for Donghyuck’s hand holding his wrist.

The rest of the dinner was spent with Mark talking about his friends. His family, which Donghyuck’s dads apparently knew about. He even talked about how he knew Jeno. When Taeyong asked if Mark wanted to stay the night he nodded immediately. Saying it would be really nice to stay the night.

 

“Mark I’ll drive you to the bus stop tomorrow morning so you can take the bus like normal, so your classmates won’t notice you staying here.” Taeyong explained to Mark as he and Donghyuck stood up from the table.

“Okay. Thank you so much.” Mark smiled at both Doyoung and Taeyong before heading upstairs with Donghyuck. He felt sleepy, but happy.

“Can we share the bed? I don’t feel like making a new one or anything else.” Mark laughed.

“Sure. Then I can hug you all night.” He shot a cheeky smile at Donghyuck as the younger handed him the pajamas he would borrow. Donghyuck didn’t have any pants that would fit Mark, only a big white shirt.

“Oh you’re so annoying.” Mark took the white shirt from Donghyuck. A slight pout on his face making Donghyuck smile even more before leaning in and kissing Mark softly.

“And I love that about you.” Mark wanted to scream at the top of his lungs, but went for a big smile instead. Kissing Donghyuck again.

“I love everything about you.” Donghyuck groaned and pushed Mark out the door towards the bathroom.

“Go change.” Donghyuck’s words were met with a laugh and feet shuffling down the hallway. Donghyuck only huffed and started getting changed.

Mark walked into the bathroom being met with the sweet scent of Donghyuck. It was clear this was the room Donghyuck got ready every morning.

He smiled lightly before turning and looking at his face in the mirror. He was met with a smiling fool, but he didn’t care. Only taking of his shirt and pants quickly changing into the shirt, which reached him almost to the knees.

He wondered why the hell Donghyuck had such a long shirt. Donghyuck was almost the same height as him. He clearly didn’t need such a long shirt.

When he walks back to the room he looked down on his legs. Feeling slightly self-conscious. Trying his hardest not to think of Donghyuck seeing him like he looked at the moment. He opened the door and looked at Donghyuck, who was already lying on the bed, still hiding his legs behind the door.

“Why are you using so long come in.” Donghyuck groaned when Mark had stood watching him for awhile. Mark again looked down on his legs. Making Donghyuck groan again. He shuffled out of the bed and walked over to the door and pulled Mark into the room.

“What’s the big deal?” Donghyuck looked concerned at Mark’s face. Following his eyes when Mark looks down on his legs again.

“Don’t worry Mark. Your legs are beautiful. Just like the rest of you.” Donghyuck smiled sweetly at Mark, but still Mark felt terribly nervous. Even too nervous to touch his neck.

“Oh my… fine.” Donghyuck quickly pulled down his own pajama pants. Revealing his tanned beautiful legs. His shirt was shorter than the one Mark was wearing. Revealing his thighs slightly.

“Can we sleep now? Nothing to be shy about Mark.” This time Mark looked up into Donghyuck’s face. Kissing his nose. A thankful smile playing on his face.

Donghyuck laughed and kissed Mark on his lips. Pulling him towards the bed. Hugging Mark around his waist. His head resting on the olders chest. Both of them quickly falling asleep in complete comfort.

 

“Boys… hey… you need to wake up.” Doyoung whispered as he shook both boys awake. Donghyuck waking up the quickest and groaning as he snuggled into Mark’s chest. Through the night they both had moved around, but neither of them let go of the other. When they were woken up Mark was holding Donghyuck’s head towards his chest.

Mark was woken up by Donghyuck’s groaning. A smile growing on his lips. He started stretching which made Donghyuck groan even more.

“Donghyuck… come on you need to wake up.” Doyoung ruffled Donghyuck’s hair. The youngest of them finally opened his eyes. Squinting at the light coming through the door.

“What time is it?” Donghyuck leaned over to the first phone which he could find, which happened to be Mark’s to check the time. Donghyuck didn’t seem to notice just groaning.

“It’s so early…” Even as he was complaining Donghyuck rolled over Mark and out of the bed. Still holding Mark’s phone.

“Come on Mark. Time to get dressed.” Donghyuck’s hair was ruffled and his eyes were slightly red. He looked confused as he stood there looking at the uniforms hanging beside each other on the wall. Eventually reaching for one of them. Already pulling the pants up his legs.

“Donghyuck sweetie how long did you stay awake?” Donghyuck didn’t answer Doyoung. He only shook his hand before pulling off his pajama shirt. Taking on the top half of the school uniform. Mark finally following him.

“You’re late. I’ve packed your lunch and breakfast. Mark you need to get into the car immediately.” Doyoung said as soon as they were both dressed. Mark only nodded and muttered a thank you.

When Doyoung turned around to leave Mark quickly followed him. Kissing Donghyuck goodbye. Taeyong was waiting downstairs with his keys already in hand. Saying goodbye to Doyoung as Mark got dressed. Putting on his jacket and shoes. Getting annoyed at how tight his school uniform was today.

“You ready?” Mark nodded. Following Taeyong out the door. Sitting down in the car. Falling asleep before Taeyong even sat down. Having a dreamless sleep.

“Mark? We’re almost there.” Mark jerked awake. His heart leapt slightly in his chest when he felt the moving car.

“Oh, thank you.” Mark looked outside the recognising the buildings far up in the air. He was almost at his bus stop.

“Remember to be careful when talking about Donghyuck.” Mark felt like he had nodded a thousand times already, but still he nodded again. Too tired to say anything.

“Here you are.” Mark jumped out of the car saying a quick thank you before closing the door again. Waving goodbye to Taeyong. Nobody had showed up on the bus stop yet. Mark checked his clock to see how long it was for the bus to come. 20 minutes. Mark groaned out loud as he sat down on the ground.

The ground was cold and hard, but Mark didn’t mind. All he wanted was for the bus to come, or somebody to show up so he wasn’t alone.

However when somebody did show up they were met with a sleeping Mark on the ground. The newcomer only laughed as he kneeled beside Mark.

“What the hell are you doing Mark.” Mark jumped awake. He couldn’t remember falling asleep and the voice scared him half to death.

“Jisung what the hell?! You scared the living out of me.” Mark clutched his heart as he stood up. Jisung standing up beside him. Towering over him.

“Well maybe you deserved it? You were asleep on the ground. What are you doing here anyway? You’re like ten minutes early to being late.” Mark punched Jisung’s shoulder lightly. Mark almost always ran to make it to the bus.

“I just woke up early today.” Mark at lying and Jisung knew that. He could even see the way Jisung looked at him that he knew Mark lied.

“Yeah and that’s why you’re wearing,” Jisung leaned forward and read the name on Mark’s chest, “Lee Donghyuck’s uniform?” Mark screamed and looked down on his chest. Lee Donghyuck clearly written across it.

“ .” Mark looked through his pockets for his phone, remembering Donghyuck had his phone. Jisung must have noticed his meltdown because he started laughing.

“Just ask him to change jackets at school.” Mark nodded as he looked up at the younger. Still freaking out on the inside. They dropped the subject when more sky children showed up. All of them commenting Mark being early. Jisung only laughing.

“Don’t tell anybody. Please.” Mark half pleaded towards Jisung. The younger only nodded and muttered an ‘of course’.


Even as the bus got more crowded Mark kept his jacket closed. Some students looked at him weirdly, but most of them looked half asleep. Clearly not caring about the world around them.

Mark could hardly sit still as he waited for the bus to reach the school. He noticed Renjun and Jaemin coming on the bus. They both said hi and sat close by him and Jisung. Asking why he was wearing his jacket.

“He’s a little sick.” Jisung smiled at the two other boys. One smiling slightly back and one scowling. Soon they were both in their own world talking about stuff Mark could never understand. Especially when they talked in animal languages. Jaemin speaking faster and better than Renjun, but still they were fifty times better than Mark.

“We’re here Mark you can stop moving now.” Mark practically ran out of the bus and into the building. Checking quickly for teachers or other students as he ran up all the stairs. Praying to god Donghyuck’s teacher wouldn’t be there yet.

“Oh my god Donghyuck! How could that even happen?” Mark heard Yukhei’s voice travel down the stairs. It calmed Mark down slightly. He ran up the last few steps and straight into the small room.

“Thank the heavens.” Donghyuck came up to Mark quickly kissing him before taking of his jacket and laying it down on the desk beside him as Mark took of his own jacket. Handing over to Donghyuck and taking his own. Quickly slipping into it.

“My phone?” Donghyuck looked confused for a second before saying ‘oh yeah’. He quickly ran to his desk and handed Mark his phone.

“Thank you. I have to go.” Donghyuck nodded already pushing Mark out the door. Kissing him quickly. Mark ran back to his own class. They all looked up when he came into the room. His heavy breath sounding louder than he wanted as he walked to the back of the room.

“Where have you been?” Jeno was right beside him in seconds. Looking slightly worried.

“I saw you on the bus, but you ran off as soon as we got to school. What happened?” Mark only shrugged.

“I’ll tell you after my party.” Mark didn’t know what party he was talking about,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter