+ Chapter 10: Where am I? +

Trust in Love [ON-HOLD/FOR EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein’s POV

I don’t know where I am. I can’t even see. I blinked my eyes and felt that something’s covering it. A cloth? Am I in a blindfold? Why am I being blindfolded? Panic started to arise in me as I fumbled to get it off of me. The moment I took it off, I looked at my surrounding, trying to take it in, or make something out. Trying to recognize where the hell I am. 

 

I am in a long hallway. Dark and a seemingly endless hallway. I can’t see it’s end on either side that I started to be alarmed. Panicking and without any rational thoughts, I started to run. I don’t even know where I am heading to, but I kept on running, hoping that I’ll come and meet its end. Run. Walk. Run. I tried on keeping my pace despite how my body is trembling so badly because of anxiety. I’m panicking already. There’s no end of this hallway. I’ll never get out of here.

 

With that in mind, I began to scream. Begging for someone to hear me and maybe help me get out of this place. It’s suffocating. I am running out of breath. All I can see is plain darkness. All I can hear is the ringing silence that’s enough to make me lose my mind. I am screaming my lungs out but I can’t hear anything. Why? What’s happening? I can’t even hear my voice. I held my throat, what’s wrong with me? Why can’t I hear anything? Why can’t I hear my voice? I tried once more but there’s no sound. 

 

And that’s enough to make me lose a grip of myself. I burst in to tears, pulled my hair, punching and kicking the walls furiously and started running again. I was at the verge of giving up when I saw a glimpse of light. A light that seemed to be miles and miles away from me. It was small. More like a small dot in the midst of a black paper. But I didn’t care. No matter how small or how far it is, it’s the only way I could run away from here. Sensing hope, I became even more determined and ran in a faster pace. I kept on running. I didn’t stop. It didn’t seem like I’m getting any closer but I didn’t care. I just had to reach for it, and I know I could. I was already out of breath, my body’s tired and in the verge of giving up. But I didn’t stop. I just ran.


But then I fell. 

 

“Aaaah!” 

 

Then I bolted up. Panting, I held my chest, feeling how fast my heart races and wiped the sweat on my forehead. I closed my eyes and sighed in relief. Grasping the blankets, I opened my eyes. Wait? What did just happen? Was it just a dream? 


I looked around me and gasped. “What the—-“ I put my hand on my mouth in shock of the sight that greeted me. I’m in bed that isn’t mine, in a room that I don’t recognize, and as I look under the blanket, my eyes bulged—I’M NOT WEARING MY CLOTHES FROM YESTERDAY. 


“Oh Wheein, what have you done?” Frustrated, I slapped my forehead so hard it would probably leave a mark. Thinking it’s not enough, I ruffled my hair so furiously, feeling so mad at myself for being so careless and so stupid. 


“Okay, okay... relax.” I stopped and closed my eyes, breathing in and out to calm my panicking nerves. As I open them, I looked around me once again and realized that I’m in a lower bunk bed. Guess I have to figure things out and try to remember anything. Removing the blanket, I sat at the side of the bed to have a better view of my surrounding. The room looks empty though, almost looks like there’s no one living here anymore. It also looks so small but is still enough to fit a three bunk beds that has the same color of sheets and blankets: black. 

 

Wait a minute... Looking down at myself, I held the hem of the black hoodie I’m wearing. It’s bigger than me and as I sniff it, it smells like a man’s perfume. Am I in a man’s clothing????? Oh dear heavens, I AM WEARING A MAN’S CLOTHING! 


Horrified, I looked around once more and as realization hit me, I fell on the floor. “No no no no no... Oh no, this isn’t happening. I-I’m still dreaming, yeah that’s it. I have to wake up. I just got to wake up.” I said full of conviction. Or more like, convincing myself. With the thought, I slapped my cheek so hard it burns. 


It hurts!!!

 

“Oh no this isn’t a dream!!” I plopped my face down on the bed as I mess up my hair once more in anger. I’m so worked up that I might die out of heart attack. I can’t remember anything at all. Just that, I walked all the way to our agency and pretended that I went there to fetch the guitar I needed to transpose a song. Then... “Okay, okay. Just calm down, and try to remember anything.... anything at all.” I whispered to myself, sat back up at the edge of bed and closed my eyes. 


Before leaving the agency, I sneaked in to manager unnie’s hidden closet wherein she hides soju. I got a few bottles and walked my way to Hannam Bridge. I drank soju and then.... “What happened after?” I muttered with my eyes still closed. Then... When I was already drunk, I saw a cat, had a conversation with it and.... Someone approached me. He talked to me but I was so drunk already that I can’t remember his face. 


“Who was it?” I whispered, tightening my closed eyes. I can see his figure but the image is so blurred out I can’t make anything out of it. I can also seem to hear his voice but then I still can’t remember where and when I heard it, even who the owner of the voice is. His name. I know his name. His name is already at the tip of my tongue, I just can’t put a finger on it. I just can’t point it out. 


“You really are impossible, do you know that?” I remember! He said that to me! He said I’m impossible! I know someone who always tell me that. There’s just one person who always tells me that. Who always say I’m impossible. 
 

Someone... I... Know... 


I opened my eyes just I remembered it and screamed! “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I asked backing away from someone’s face who’s literally just an inch away from me. LITERALLY! “What? What am I doing?” he asked in a low voice and inched closer to me. I gulped at his sudden change, looking so different from the guy I’ve always known. Was his voice always that deep and.... hot? Oh heavens, Wheein! Keep yourself together! 

 

Looking nervously at him, I backed away once more which is obviously useless because he just leaned in closer to me. I stare at his eyes that just roams around my face. From my hair, to my nose... down to my lips and back up into my eyes. Since when did he acted cool like this? This is so not the Taehyung who I’m used to. 

 

“Aish, you really look so ugly. You’re even uglier in a closer view, do you know that?” Why do I have to be so fast with words? What? Cool? Psh, he’s not cool, not even a bit. I don’t know what’s gotten into me that made me spit words that is illegal in both heaven and Earth. Rolling my eyes at him, I hit him hard on his head. 

 

“You’re so annoying do you know that as well?” I asked him as he stood up and walked away, ignoring my retort. I was about to shake my head when I felt it ache so badly. So bad it feels like someone’s hammering it. “Ouch, my head’s killing me.” I said, putting  a hand on it. 

 

“Not surprising at all for someone who single-handedly drank four bottles of soju.” he said as he gives me medicine and a glass of water. “What I’m surprised of is that you woke up after. Not every girl gets to drink four soju and lived to tell the tale.” he added as I gulped down the meds, hoping that it would save my skull from cracking. 

 

Ignoring him, I asked “I can’t remember anything though. Where are we? I thought for a moment that I was kidnapped and that I’m dead because my organs will be sold out of the country and that my family won’t get to see me anymore.” 

 

“We’re here at our dorm. I brought you here because this is the only place that’s close by us.” I was in the middle of massaging my temple when I look up and saw how he intently he looks at me. Avoiding my gaze, he sighed and walked off the room but not after saying, “Just stay there, don’t move.” Not giving him the satisfaction of me obeying him, because there's no way I'll be a such an obedient person when it comes to him, so I stood up abruptly and yelped as I felt a sharp pain on my feet. Okay, I totally didn't see it coming. Bursting the door open, Taehyung came in with an alarmed expression written

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter