What About Us?

What About Us?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello everyone~

This One Shot was written by me in the end of December. It's been part of tge Secret Santa event that was hosted on AFF.

My giftee was a huge Anime fan. Because of that I decided to use the setting for Sword Art Online. For those who are not familiar with that Anime / Manga; it's about players who enter a virtual online multi player game (means they really are in the game with their minds. Their body is still in the real world but it's kinda sleeping as the mind traveled to that game (it's kinda hard to explain)). On the first day it was revealed that the players can't log out and in order to get back to the real world they have to beat the game (means there are 100 floors they have to cross and fight the end boss in). However, death in game means death in the real world. It's also not possible to remove the game system from the player in the real world as that results in death as well.

So... my OS plays in this kinda world. The main focus is on JaeBum. The story contains action and angst. Trigger warning for those who get triggered by fighting scenes (with swords and stuff)! It's also a JJP story.

So that's it... I hope you'll enjoy it ^^

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Quickly shifted JaeBum to the side. A massive club was swung his way. He barely managed to avoid being hit by it. In a fast movement he sprinted up ahead. His dagger was ready to stab his opponent. Ready to kill. However, the ground he was running on was still slippery from the moist with dew grass. Because of that he had to be quick but also careful, he knew that one wrong step could mean the victory of his opponent.

He was silently cursing himself for his own carelessness this early in the morning. If he would have been more careful while crossing the vast grass area that lead to the forest close to the village on the 44th floor of Aincrad he wouldn't be facing this whole situation at all. But well... he had to take the short cut and strictly walk into a medium level 80 boss. A hideous looking one at that too. The boss itself had quite many similarities with a gorilla. At least it's body looked like one. The only thing that did not remind him of a gorilla was the bulls head that was sitting on it's neck. The horns of it were golden and shimmered dangerously in the morning sun. It's huge body was covered in thick brown fur The medium boss had multiple weapons attached to it's body. However, it did preventer the huge and heavy club. That, however, didn't mean the boss wouldn't get it's other weapons if it needed to. Usually a group of at least four people would group up to defeat this boss to earn multiple rare items and quite a lot of gold. JaeBum, however, was alone. Well... alone if you don't count his big cat like beast he was taming. The same cat like beast that stubbornly laid on the side of the battle field and yawned while watching it's tamer battle a boss on his own.

"Nora! God dammit! I need some help here!," JaeBum shouted when he saw his beast partner lazily lay on the side. When spared a quick look in Noras way, however, he saw the big yellow cat yawn and roll on it's back.

"Nora!," he shouted once again barely avoiding another hit by his opponents club.

Disappointed he shook his head and sprinted towards the boss in front of him. A terrifying roar erupted from the monsters mouth. It started to sprint towards JaeBum now too. Quickly gripped JaeBum his hold on his dagger and jumped.

For a few seconds he was high up in the air. Not long and he was right above the monster. A sly grin appeared on his face while he let himself fall on the monsters back. Quickly he stabbed the monster in the neck but the health display above it's head didn't seem to move. It was too strong.

"Dammit!," JaeBum cursed and dig his dagger deeper into the flesh of his opponent. The monster cried loudly. Soon after it began to move around quickly in hopes to get JaeBum off of it's back. The beast tamer, however, quickly got a hold of the monsters horns and through that kept his balance and his hold on it. Instantly he prepared for another hit on the monster - a special attack of which he knew would cause quite a lot of damage. Sadly that attack would require him to move around a bit more which would force him to release his hold on the monster.

"Nora!," he cried out again, to which the cat like beast slowly lifted it's head and looked his way. Shortly after it laid it down again and watched the spectacle from afar.

"Little brat!," JaeBum mumbled angrily while trying another stabbing attack to bring down his current opponent. Slowly but surely the monsters health stats began to change. However, at this pace he'd be fighting it all day long... which would lead to another set of explanations when he finally returned to the village. To JinYoung.

Jaebum shuddered at the thought on the disappointed and angrily look his partner would give him when he returned. News travel fast on this floor... which would probably lead to the other knowing of JaeBum's not so honourable fight against this monster way before he had even stepped through their own door. His fight for today would most probably not be over after beating this boss. He knew that. They talked about this way to often in the past couple of months. And he understood it as well... In all honesty, if JinYoung would walk through the area as carelessly as JaeBum did he would be furious and most probably wouldn't let the slightly younger out of his sight till that nightmare that is the game called Sword Art Online would be finally over.

Over... The front runners only reached the 75 floor after two years. Rumour has it that they finally found the boss room of that floor after months - MONTHS - of searching. However, even after beating that floor... there are still 25 more to go. With each one of them becoming harder and harder to beat and death waiting for the players in every corner of the new areas.

The boss moved itself more violently to

Please log in to read the full chapter