-TWO-

WISH

I woken up by the sound of my parents, arguing at each other. Yeah right... Like i would go out to check if there's something wrong. I then back to cover my body with the blanket as i turned to my left side and see the sun has risen. 

"Ah.. It's Saturday. What should i do today?"

Suddenly the images of hot waffle with butter and mapple syrup flashes through my mind. Guess i should go to my favorite restaurant today to satisfy my craving. I don't want to have breakfast at home today in that lonely dining table. I want to see people.

I dragged my body out from the bed and go for a shower. 20 minutes later, i found myself in the dress room, picking out the clothes i'm gonna wear today. Decided to just go with white plain shirt and grey trousers. I'll pair them with my black 5cm heels and black handbag.

As i finished my makeup, i grabbed everything i need and leave the bedroom. I saw one of my maids is standing not too far from my room and she says,"Good morning, miss Choi. Are you going out?" I replied with a nod. "Mr. and Mrs. Choi are out for an emergency meeting." I replied with another nod. As expected.

She asks another question,"Shall i ask the driver to get ready?"

"No. I will drive by myself today." I then leave her and head outside to greet my black Audi.

I see the sky is a bit gloomy today. i wonder how come, since last night the sky was so bright and beautiful. When i get stopped by the red light, i see three girls laughing at some jokes as they walk across in front of my car. How i envy them. A honk from the car behind me woke me up from my daydreaming. I begin to drive again.


 

 

"One single waffle with butter and mapple syrup please. And hot peppermint tea."

And the servant left my table with a 'please wait for your order. I will get it to you as soon as possible. Thank you, miss'.

This restaurant has been on my favorite place list since i was in high school. They have the best waffle in town. You can call this place is not that fancy, but it's still nice. Decorated all in wood. You can spot some fans on the ceiling and fake plants on each corner. They barely have any mirror except on the front door which made from glass.

I took out my iPhone and the airpods so i could listen to some easy listening jazz music. Guess it will bright up my mood since i realized how miserable i am to come and eat here all by myself while the others  are with their companions.

A few minutes later, i see the servant came back with my order. Oh wow... i love this smell. It's so mouth-watering. Without any hesitation, i dig up my a-little-late breakfast.

While i was in the middle of devouring my waffle, i suddenly see a man sitting on the chair in front of me. A random man with light brown hair and white skin, showing off his smile. 

What the hell?!

I paused the music that i've been listening to for these past few minutes and took out the airpods. With my 'confused' facial expression, i try to ask him,"Uhmm... Who are you? Is there anything i can help for you?"

"It's you who needs help and i will be the one to help you." he replied as the smile never leaves his face.

"Okay this is weird. Look... I don't know you. I have never met you before. And i don't want you to sit here with me."

"I'm sure you hoped you don't sit here all alone by yourself while the others are enjoying saturday with their friends and family. Even their boyfriends." 

This is getting crazier. How did he know? Was it that obvious?

He continues,"who wouldn't want to accompany such a pretty lady like you anyway?" he blurted out while changing the smile with a smirk. Ugh.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before i try to give my last explanation,"I really don't know you. I don't want to sound rude but please leave me alone so i can finish my meal."

"I will leave as soon as you done eating your waffle." he replied.

"Okay i will call the security."

"It will be useless, miss."

"Why do you say so?"

"They won't be brave enough to do so."

"What? Are you the owner? The boss here?"

"Hmm... maybe."

"Ugh you've ruined my mood. Whatever, mister. I will quickly finish my meal so then you can leave my sight as soon as possible."

"Please enjoy the waffle. And don't eat too fast or you might get choke." Oh i hate his smile.

I've finished eating a few minutes later. The waffle is now already inside my tummy, fed my craving. I swear it was the most awkward eating moment for the rest of my life. Having someone you really don't know watches you chewing on food. 

"Ah you ate well, miss!" Such a freak. "Let's go!"

Wait. "What? I said it's you who need to leave after i finished eating."

He fixes his white shirt and his ripped jeans,"Yeah i said i will leave... but with you. Let's go!"

"Are you crazy?! What do you want from me actually?!" Oops... i should've not shouted, that draws people's attention.

He looked a bit surprised as he widened his eyes a little. "Let's talk outside."

I try to accept the look from people in this restaurant as i walk out after i paid the bill. I then head to the place where i parked my car, with my feeling is still bothered and filled with anger. I stopped my pace and look at him,"now tell me who you are and tell me what do you want from me?"

He put his both hands inside the pocket of his jeans and says,"you don't know me but i know you. I saw you on that big tree behind your backyard that night."

That surprised me of course. I thought that place was hideous enough. I thought nobody could find me there. "Are you my neighbor?"

"Maybe."

"Now what do you want from me?"

"I want to help you, to make your wish become true."

His statement confuses me,"what wish?"

"I'll tell you later. Meet me tonight under that big tree around 9 pm."

"Why should i?"

"Aren't you curious, miss?"

I wish i could say 'i am', but i'm too shy. i have to keep my face straight.

Before he leaves, he showed me his smile,"see you tonight. And don't be late. I'll be waiting for you." And a wink.

What a weirdo.