Friends

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a gust of cool breezy wind fluttered the heavily embroidered creamy colored curtain, it forced it's way into the room, giving IU a spin of chills throughout her body. She hurriedly ran towards the window, closed it and arranged the dislocated curtain right to it's respective place. It was 7 in the evening. Then she let her body rest on the couch comfortably and continued to read her novel gulping down the strong espresso. 

 

A faint electronic sound caught her attention in the midst of reading causing her brain to pause for a moment. But as soon as she saw the familiar silhouette opening the door she cared less about it and continued to focus on her novel again, clearly not interested on whosoever it was. The intruder easily managed to punch on the right security code of her door and successfully invited himself inside the apartment.

 

"Aahh.. why is it so cold?" The same person spoke in a loud voice as his hands got busy on removing his leather boots. He hurriedly placed his boots on the shoe rack and welcomed himself in, his body crumbled together, hot smoke of breathe coming out of his mouth, eyes searching for a warm place and his hands busy rubbing each other to generate some heat. His eyes enlarged in delight and he excitedly jumped right next to her, annoying the calmly seated IU. "Yah! Get off me, huh??" She side glanced at him.

 

"Yah.. it's freezing cold outside, do you know how much struggle I went through to get here???" He complained as his wide shoulders danced in the air simultaneously.

 

"Yeah of course! But I hate the cringy type of people the most, you know that don't you? Now get off me!" She literally pushed him aside with a dead glare.

 

He moved slightly away from her with a grumpy face and with a disappointment painted all over his handsome face, he spoke, "Your friend is here but you won't avert a single glance away from that novel? Spend time with the real human not with these imaginary characters huh!" His complaints felt on the deaf ears as IU continued reading her novel not offering a single glance at her best friend. "Lee Ji eun, I'm talking to you?" 

 

"Yah, Kim Seokjin! shut your mouth and let me concentrate on the book!" IU rolled her eyes and once again continued reading. Jin didn't speak a word which had IU internally smirk for winning their bickering battle but Jin wasn't done yet as he then proceeded on nagging her on their next long unsolved history. "By the way, you didn't listen to me right? Why is your security lock code still the same?? Why don't you change it IU?" His voice sounded annoying as hell. It definitely wasn't his first time advising and so he was agitated af.

 

"Not again!!!" She finally closed her book in frustration, tired of his childish tantrums. "You know how worse I am in remembering things and numbers go outta my head so what's the use of changing it?" She answered matter of factly.

 

"Still. 1605?? Is that the safety key u say??? Yah! Paboya.. Anyone can easily unlock that password. 16th May!!" He spoke in a flat tone. 

 

"Ah! So you know my birthday??" She sarcastically laughed looking up at him. Jin didn't fail to witness her little mischievous smile.

 

"Of course, you better change it to something else". His voice got serious.

 

"Hmm" She nodded and once again opened the novel to continue reading it ignoring his whine.

 

"Yah! I'm talking to you!!! Are you even listening? you are gonna change it right?" He snatched the book from her hand and hide it behind his back.

 

"Oh, my god. Stop dude. Why are you yelling at me? And how many times do I have to tell you?? I can't remember if I change it to something else. Do you want me to spend nights outside my apartment??" She questioned him rather annoyingly and stood up to steal back her book.

 

He frowned at that but after giving a much thought he finally opened his mouth. "Fine! If it's so hard to remember then keep something easy to you yet unpredictable to others, you got me?" He raised his right hand up which was holding her novel.

 

"And what could that be?" She gave up on snatching her book and asked pursing her lips wide. Her eyebrows furrowed and both hands placed on her hip. She'd already predicted it was gonna be as lame as her best friend was, nevertheless she asked.

 

"Like may be yours one and only best friend's birthday?" He grinned finding it funny. 

 

"I'm sorry to say but how's that even unpredictable?? Everyone knows you and our friendship is no hot news so they will eventually guess it pabo and this is my last time asking you to give it back. I want that damn book back" She shoved away his stupid idea and aggressively jumped towards him to snatch the book back again. She was so done with him now.

 

"Right!" Jin flinched away from the angry bird and continued with what he was about to say being cautious enough to keep the book at her arm length distance, "Anyways, I heard you had yet another verbal battle with him?" 

 

The mentioned of 'him' drained away all the playfulness that IU had and her face frowned once again in frustration. She felt like why did Jin even bring up that topic, him messing with her was enough for today coz honestly she had no energy left by now. "Ahh! Words flow by quickly huh??? Who told you?" She betrayed a sarcastic laugh and sat down with a loud sigh on the couch, tired of this ongoing topic. She wanted to forget that incident to be honest.

 

Jin found her reaction to be quite amusing, she never was a girl who looked so lost and dispersed. "How can you even laugh in this state IU?? Do you know his fans are no joke.. They will literally kill you!" Jin was tried of explaining her to stay away from the controversies but like usual she would never fail to disappoint him. 

 

"Yah! Stop terrifying me! Further more, it was his mistake... Just who told him to argue with me again??? That stupid dumpling. I am not afraid of those brainless bimbos who idolize him" She raised her head up and expressed her voice in one go, not skipping a single breathe. A clear flare of anger and irritation burning in her eyes.

 

"Yes.. This stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter