Intro

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young thin girl walks down the lonely road in the chilling winter night; the leafless trees standing on either sides of road. The mid night sky which usually looked beautiful was tonight covered with frowns. The shimmering stars and the silver glow of the moon was blocked by the heavy gray dull clouds, somehow forecasting a possible rainfall. The heavy drizzle was on it's way any time. The chirping sound of crickets and fireflies and the tip tap sound produced by her ankle boots resonated with one another interfering the meditation of the silent road.

 

The absence of lamp posts in this rural area might have been the reason for the dark surrounding and thus she was depended on her cellphone tonight, it was the only source of light comforting her through the dark path. As her thumb slides down the screen to scroll through it, her ears perks up in alert upon hearing a strange footsteps following her behind. She turns her head back and roves her eyes left and right but is greeted by nothingness. She then turns her head and proceeds to move forward but as she does that she hears a loud rustling once again. Someone's definitely here! She senses. She begins to speed walk casually, taking large steps so that whoever's been following her doesn't get suspicious of her alertness. But the inside of her core screams her to run. The footsteps getting nearer now and her heart lodges firmly in . The panic level is high af. But she stays as calm as possible although not for too long as her frightened eyes see a creepy dark shadow behind her. She starts to walk in double speed. Each step getting heavier and heavier now that she can't hide her futile attempts to calm her internal turmoil that has been eating her up, every cells of her body cries in horror. She quickens her steps, too afraid to even turn her head back to see if anyone's behind her. The cold chilling wind brushing her cheeks did no good. Nevertheless after a fifteen minutes of nerve wrecking walk, she manages to somehow slide through the narrow corner of the road. But the shadow wouldn't stop following her so she hides herself in a small corner near the dumping site. Her breathing getting heavier and noiser, despite of the dropped temperature her body was heating like an iron and sweat beads flowing through her skin. The sudden ominous and nobody to comfort situation making her eyes teary and chest tighter. She shuts her eyes and prays for her safety.

 

After patiently waiting for this scary moment to pass by she finally musters up some courage and stands up to rush through it before the mysterious figure could harm her. But to her utmost fear, she stands as close to the tall hodded figure as a partner would have stood. Her heart literally drops off her chest and eyes widens in shock. The tall scary looking man gives her a dreadful smile and without wasting a second he takes out a large sharp weapon and bangs straight into her head making her collapse on the floor, pool of blood flowing instantly.

 

CUT!!!!

 

A loud sound echoed and the collapsed girl stood up and annoyingly marched towards the empty chair meant only for her. This is our protagonist Lee Jieun aka IU. Describing her in one word would be unfair, not that she wasn't deprived of flaws, everyone is but she was a complete two personality: outside and inside cameras. People often perceived her as a mysterious being often tagged as icy personality, to them she was a mixture of bluntness, arrogancy and topping them all with a zing of strong attitude. She was also the infamous scary cat, a lonely soul and a cry baby but these traits were unknown to the rest of the world. Only the close ones would know and in her case it was her only best friend.

 

"I can go now right???" She nonchalantly asked as she took an empty seat right next to the director. Her last scene had just ended. Her body wanted rest and her brain was paralyzed by the pest called sleep. But most importantly she was missing the cozyness of her bed, the warmth it brought along and a taste of strong espresso. She was missing her home.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter