02 Backstage

Comfortable Regrets

She looked back on her fans again and finished her stage shyly. She finished her song waved her fans goodbye before making her way out of the stage as well. Her hoobaes made small timid bows to her as well once she entered the hall again. They are now all lined up to say their thanks to the producer/ director of the program.

 

The idols again happily lined up while waiting for their turn to greet the pd-nim. Hayi however looked antsy and nervous as she stood on her own in one of the corners. She took out her phone and was about to put on her earphones when a warm hand appeared from behind her. It held her small little hand warmly. 

 

"Waaaaaah!!!! What do you think you're doing?" Minho playfully surprised her from behind as he towered over with his tall height that obviously showed their gap.

 

"Oh my ajeodidbskwofheirkgkdk---" Hayi slurred and immediately slapped Minho's shoulder as soon as she turned to face him. Her reaction made Minho laugh even more. Her obvious naivity sparked his interest even more. 

 

"THAT WAS SO MEAN!!!" She cried and pouted as she looked at him. She easily gets surprised and she gets flustered by it. 

 

/How cute---/ Minho thought as he watched her reaction. He tilted his head to the side and quietly adored her reaction. 

 

"We won't be able to talk if you put your headphones on." Minho whined and smiled at her. "Can we share the music together?" He asked her.

 

"S-Sure..." She mumbled quietly and bowed her head. "I'm sorry for hitting your arm." She added as she worriedly looked at his arm. "Does it hurt?" She looked up at him while jutting her lip. 

 

"No-ani I'm in pain. You must make me hear your music." Minho playfully retorted making them both laugh. 

 

From a distance, Zico saw what happened but he just looked away. Jonghyun offered Hayi one of his hand, but his widened when one of the staff who walking behind them almost dropped the big stage piece he was carrying. Hayi was standing in front of the staff and Jonghyun saw that it was about to fall on top of her so he just pulled her wrist, making her lean on his chest. 

 

Onew and Key was able to grab hold onto the stage prop before it actually fell, saving Minho, Hayi and Jonghyun. 

 

"I'm sorry." Jonghyun said as he looked down on her, he noticed how his arms completely enveloped her inside his embrace. He saw her wrist and his grip left a mark on her skin that turned red. 

 


It felt weird for him how his heart somehow started skipping a beat so he grabbed her shoulders and made her stand properly on her own.

 

"Are you alright?" Minho asked worriedly. 

 

 

Hayi nodded with flushed cheeks. She cupped her chest and also felt her cheeks burning. She looked up to both Jonghyun and Minho, wondering who made her feel that way. She just tilted her head and shook it to brush away the feelings.

 

 

"I'm alright. Don't worry sunbaenims. Thank you for asking." Hayi replied and bowed her head. 

 

 

She looked at the staff who got flustered as well. "Are you alright?" She asked the new staff who was carrying the prop. 

 

 

"Can I help you carry it?" She asked him and smiled warmly. 

 

"Are you alright?" He asked her and just nodded quickly with a bright smile. 

 

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine. I'm used to this." She replied cheerfully and nodded. 

 

"Let me help him instead choding!!" B-Bomb exclaimed from the side. He and Jaehyo came from the side to check on Hayi. They ended up helping the staff instead. 

 

"Thank you Hyo and Hyuk oppa. Let's take pictures later hmmm??" Hayi squealed as she took out her phone and snapped a photo while the two members carried the heavy prop as well. Minho saw this and helped them as well. 

 

"You're still friends with them?" Key asked her as he looked into their direction before looking at her. 

 

She smiled and looked up at him. She nodded quietly. 

 

"Jiho can't take them from me." She laughed. "I mean, we broke up on good terms so there is no need for our mutual friends to choose one over the other. Besides, Minhyuk oppa... I mean, B-Bomb oppa naturally became one of my bestfriends while Jiho and I dated so---" she trailed off and smiled at Key.

 

The PD allowed them to line up and finish their schedule that day already. Hayi sat inside her van lifelessy watched over her stage. She still couldn't brush off the image of Zico's face when they bumped against each other. 

 

His face was unreadable. It was almost as if they met for the first time that day. Was she really that bad of a lover while they dated? She couldn't help but cup her face and cry. 

 

Her manager noticed her and just stopped the van for a while. "Wanna stop by somewhere and grab some sweets?" He asked her. 

 

"Aniyoo-- lets just go back to the dorm?" She asked him and he nodded. 

 

As soon as she reached her dorm, the twins ran towards her. Her adoptive mother allowed her twin siblings to live with Hayi in Korea as well. Jion, the female twin ran towards her and immediately pulled her into a hug. 

 

"Unnie~~~ welcome home!! How was your day? Congratulations on your win today. I loved your stage." Jion said with a wide beam on her stage. 

 

"WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH T.T It was tiring." She whined and plumped on top of her younger sibling. Jion is currently an aspiring trainee to enter SM Entertainment. 

 

"Move out of the way----" Zion pushed his twin and Hayi out of his way. He just came from training. He is a trainee under Pledis. 

 

"YAH!!!" Hayi and Jion ran towards Zion  and they both threw themselves on top of him. They both tickled him before roaming through his stuff looking for food or something to eat. 

 

"You came home empty handed? How dare you?!" Jion playfully complained and pouted towards his younger twin. 
Hayi just laughed and watched them.

 

"My wallet is on its critical period already. Its red batt already--- it needs CPR soon." Zion whined and pinched his nosebridge. 

 

"Whatever." Hayi just pinched his ear and pulled him up carefully. "Lets just go grab something to eat. Arasso? I'm hungry." She added and lead them to the door while hugging the arm of her manager as well.