01: MR. Dream Girl, Its Over

Comfortable Regrets

The quiet sound of a vibrating phone in her hands and its pulses woke her up before she heard familiar voices which echoed through the hallways. Both her hoobaes and sunbaes were making their way towards the final stage. "Hi-ssi, please proceed to stage already. You're one of the nominees today! You're up against SHINee and Davichi. Good luck!"

 

One of the pd's who were in charge told her in a rather urgent voice. She immediately got up from her seat and bowed 90 degrees before making her way to the stage. The hall was filled with idols who were promoting the same time as her. They were all familiar with each other and were happily laughing with their friends. She stood out quietly in the sea of connected people but it didn't bother her. She felt piercing stares through her back and yet she just coldly bowed to people whom she made eye contact with.

 

Her cold and indifferent expression changed when she bumped into Block B. Zico was walking ahead of s and stopped when he saw Hayi. The crowd around them became a little quiet than they originally were. They both froze in the spot but Hayi just bowed to him with an empty expression. She balled her fist and made her way up to the stage again.

 

"It must be fancy meeting your ex like that huh?" One of the female idols whispered with a snare towards her groupmate. "She was dumped right? She must be spoiled and has caught the celebrity disease. She's from YG afterall. She's a try hard, trying to fit into their company when she's just a lonely vocalist with a deep and husky voice." "She can't even dance right?" "I'd dump her too if I was Zico too." Added the other and they just laughed as they mocked her from behind.

 

Shinee who accidentally heard their conversation turned their heads towards the gossiping flock of girls behind them. Their facial expressions showed their distaste towards the attitude of these women near them. Minho looks pissed while Key glared at them. Jonghyun raised a brow and Onew looked at them with a disappointed gaze. Taemin was busy fixing his microphone but he also heard everything.

 

"I don't think its your business to talk about people's lives like that." Minho cold stated. "She and Block B are your sunbaes. Show a bit of respect." Onew added. "We saw everything because this is a public space. Let's be considerate and respectful of each other. Its not like they wantes to flaunt their relationship or feelings with us." Jonghyun spoke brusquely. "Sorry sunbae-nim." The girls immediately bowed their heads towards Shinee. Their faces were red and eyes teary.

 

"Besides, its not like Zico will notice you girls anyway. She's way too pretty compared to you guys and she's a lady of good character from what I heard." Key chimed before they walked towards the stage too. The girls couldn't lift their heads. Several idols heard what Shinee said and Block B did too.

 

"We're sorry." They chorused when Block B walked past them. "Let's not talk about things that none of our business alright? My bestfriend doesn't need to explain anything to you. Not like your existence will bother her but I guess Hayi's existence bothered you huh?" B-Bomb said as he calmed hinself down. Zico who heard everything too just stared at them with a scary expression. "I'm not interested in dating right now. Also, I only date women with class. I'm sorry." Zico said and bowed to the stage before running towards the stage as the production crew started to yell at them for taking time.

 

The idols who performed that day started to fill the stage. Everyone acted back to their stage image and smiled at the camera. Hayi awkwardly stood in front with the rest of the nominees. She stood in between Shinee and Davichi who were both her sunbaes. She immediately greeted them with a bow and awkwardly stood in her place again. The two senior groups greeted her back with a bow and smile as well. The emcee's started to do the ending ment of the day's show. The screen flashed the scores that the nominated groups gained for the day's show.

 

The scores for Davichi first stopped moving and everyone was anticipating the scores of Shinee and Hayi. The numbers for Shinee's score stopped moving already while Hayi gained a hundred more points against them. Shinee's faces lit up as they saw her score sincerely congratulating her.

 

"WOAAAAAAH!!!" Minho exclaimed as his whole face opened. Onew, Taemin and Key were smiling brightly as well. Jonghyun on the otherhand took the rose on Key's pocket and walked towards the soloist then handed it to her with both of his hands. Jonghyun politely handed her the rose, cupping his hand that was holding it and he bowed as well with a proud congratulatory expression on his face. Hayi blinked a few times and looked at his face.

 

"For me?" She asked what was obvious as she was unable to process everything quickly due to her win.

 

"Yes." Jonghyun said with a nod and a wide smile on his face.

 

"Gomawo sunbae." She replied quietly a bit flustered but still she tried to look composed. He went back to Shinee and Key immediately nudged him. He in particular watched his hyung with a gaze of a proud mother. Minho congratulated Hayi as well when she turned her heads towards them as she smiled a bit and bowed her head towards them again.

 

She walked towards the center and made her final speech. She thanked her Hi-Heels and her company who supported her during her comeback as well all those who helped and congratulated her. The emcees closed the ending ment and let Hayi sing her encore stage. Hayi then looked back and bowed towards the idols who she made eye contact with and congratulated her.

 

She bowed towards Shinee again as they made their exit towards the end of the stage again. She looked back on her fans again and finished her stage shyly. She finished her song waved her fans goodbye before making her way out of the stage as well. Her hoobaes made small timid bows to her as well once she entered the hall again. They are now all lined up to say their thanks to the producer/ director of the program.