NamTae X Wendy

OneShot Compilations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four long years have passed. This time Taehyun thinks he's ready. This time he thinks he's strong enough to fight for the two of them. This time what other's will say don't matter anymore.

He knows a lot could change in a span of four years, even seasons don't stay the same. But his feelings did. Summer, winter, autumn and fall didn't take his feelings away as they passed by. He stayed in love with Wendy because he never really tried to get over her. On those nights he spent on rehab when he's almost at the brink of insanity it was her smile that kept him sane. When even sleeping scares him because of the nightmares it was her sweet voice that he recorded that rocks him to sleep. More than a psychologist it was Seungwan that he needed. But he also needed help.

It was about more than four years ago when depression ate him up and he stood there watching everyone who was close to him fall down with him, breaki apart like him. He can only watch as he destroy everyone, just because of a war inside his head that he can't win. So he left his group so they won't need to suffer with him. He left his family so his grandmother and mother's heart won't break everytime he just cries without a particular reason. He broke up with Wendy because he knows sooner or later he'll break her too.

He knew he hurt a lot of people with what he did but he knew it was what's for best. And for a month he locked himself inside his apartment as he try do drown his sorrow with alcohol. He was a fool to think that it can help him. It was then when one day he woke up and stare at the mirror to see someone very unfamiliar. Staring back at him was a stranger who had features he knew, but everything was barely just hanging there. He wasn't the same boy his parents raised. He wasn't the same chick guy who used to train day and night with the hopes of debuting. He wasn't the same guy who Wendy loved. Hell he can't even fake a smile.

That's when he knew he needed help, he wanted help. He woke up that day wanting Wendy back. His Wendy. But at the same time he don't want her to just accept him in his broken state. He don't want her to volunteer and try to fix him. He had too many broken pieces that he knows she'll hurt herself on the process of trying to pick his pieces up and glue it back together. He can barely take care of himself, how sure is he that he could be strong enough to support her too? He wasn't.

That's why he decided to fly to a country far away, to seek for a professional's help. He needs to get himself cured if he really wants her back. He needs to come back as someone who she at last deserves and a broken and depressed boy is not it.

After nine successful months he flew back to Korea and try to rebuild his career. It took time but he was happy. Happy that even though very slowly at least he's being accepted once again. He tried to reach out to all the friends he shut off especially to his hyungs he once debuted with. But he still felt left out.

As he slowly try to rebuild his career, Wendy's and her group's sky rocketed. He was happy and proud for her. Very. But it felt like she has become too high for him to reach. She has grown too big for him to even dare to dream. So he left Korea once again and dared to gamble on the foreign market. He don't know how he made it but after all the struggles and those times he feel like giving up he only needed to stare at his phone where a smiling there was a smiling photo of her, in his arms as they both cringkle their nose to the camera.

He was so inspired he even wrote songs other artists bought. And all was sailing smooth and a song of his composition was on BillBoard. He became someone Korea has been very proud off and has released albums that has beaten a few popular Western artists. He was on the top. That was when he knew it's time. Time for him to finally get her back. He finally grow a nerve to start moving.

So four years after breaking up with her he packed his bags once again, cancelling his schedules and booking the earliest flight back to Korea. Back to the place where he fell apart, but also the place he wants to feel whole once again.

Hiding his identity in an over sized hoodie and sunglasses paired with mask he took a deep breath as he stare at her sitting three sits away from his table. She looked so much happier. She once again gained all those fair weight she used to have on their rookie days that she tried so hard to lose because of all the bashing that she got. But this time she looks happy about it, and he was happy too. That finally, the girl who had too much love to give to others has finally learned to love herself.

To her side was the reason to her radiant smile and flushed cheeks. He was an unfamiliar guy. Maybe someone who doesn't work Infront of the cameras. A bitter smile escaped his lips and a chuckle followed after that. Of course. Of course she can fall in love again and of course it can be with somebody else. He would be a fool if he believed she'll stop leaving her life and just wait for him. That truth punched him right in the face now that he's seeing it for himself, but at the same time he felt at ease.

At least she didn't suffer on her own all those years. At least she had learned how to he happy and how to fall in love again. At least one of them gets a well deserved happy ending and he is happy that it was Wendy. Unconsciously tears started to fall from his eyes. Maybe it's time for him to let go too. She's finally happy now, he can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter