version a.

nirvana

jimin's been through years of this. years of coming under heavy fire for simply standing next to a male idol. she's learnt to adapt, learnt to ignore the overflowing negative comments admist all the positive. but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her moments of weakness, when she decides to just take a glance, and then gets into all the accusations and rude remarks. she is only human after all. 

she's staring so intently down at her phone that she doesn't even notice when someone calls out her name. all she sees is 'jimin should stay away from my oppa', 'jimin's so annoying why do got7 even hang around her?', 'i wish she would just disappear'. she gets so lost in the insults, in the taunts, that she's only shaken out of it when a pair of hands squeeze at her shoulders. 

"ah! oppa!" her shoulders tense for a moment in shock, but relaxes once she realises who's in front of her.

jinyoung smiles at her, though his eyebrows are drawn together in a familiar expression of curiosity. "i've been calling your name, jimin-ah, didn't you hear me?"

jimin shakes her head, a little embarrassed that she hadn't noticed he was calling her. 

it isn't until then that he notices the phone in her hand, and she knows he's going to ask, so she attempts to slip it back in her pocket, but he grabs her hand before she can and easily takes the phone from her. 

he glances at the content on the screen, and immediately his expression hardens.

"jimin, i told you not to read stuff like this."

jimin feels shy all of a sudden, and bites down on her lower lip. 

"i know ... but i just couldn't help it."

the way jimin refuses to look him in the eye has jinyoung sighing, his hardened expression melting into something softer. 

"don't let those comments get to you. you know we love you, and that's all that matters, okay?"

jimin knows this, she's heard this so many times before. the words still manage to assure her though, no matter how many times this has been said already.

"you're coming with me now, youngjae's been asking for you."

she lets him take her hand and lead her away. jinyoung always had this kind of super power, where he was able to calm her down just by being with her. he was always the more level headed of them all, and somehow always knew what to say when she was beating herself up over nothing.

the rest of her afternoon passes by without a hitch, all her darker thoughts having been pushed to the back as she instead focused on having fun with some of her favourite people. youngjae is an absolute delight, as usual, and they goof around like they always do. it makes her shoulders feel lighter, like she didn't have any responsibilities. she has a feeling that jinyoung told youngjae about what she was reading earlier, because he smiles more than usual, wider and brighter than she's used to. she wonders if he's just doing this to try and cheer her up.

she isn't sure of it until yugyeom and bambam enter, making a fuss as usual, but then whisking her away to an amusement park of all places. it's sudden and strange, but not entirely unwelcome. she knows they have a packed schedule, usually too busy to take trips on a whim like this. that's how she knew jinyoung must've mentioned something to them, they wouldn't usually risk breaking schedule like this unless it was important. and jimin shared a secret smile to herself knowing that they thought she was important.

when the afternoon is over, and jimin feels drained of any energy she had left, yugyeom and bambam are now pushing her into mark's arms. they don't talk much, instead they bask in the sunset and listen to mark's playlist. it's relaxing, and surprisingly intimate. she wouldn't have expected any less from mark. she even drifts off to sleep for a bit, only to be awakened by jackson, who drags her off to dinner.

dinner with jackson becomes a boisterous event, and they both laugh more than they eat, but she wouldn't have it any other way. they talk about anything and everything, and it comes so easily. jackson has always felt like the other half of her that she never knew was missing. just one minute with him has her easily forgetting about the rest of the world.

her evening comes to an end when jackson drops her off at her apartment, and then she's alone again, and feeling a little sad about having to part from him, but walks into a surprise when she opens her door. there's music playing softly, coming from somewhere inside her apartment, and her entire living room is covered in lit candles. she knows now who did this, it couldn't have been anyone else but-

"jaebum oppa."

it comes out as more of a whisper than anything, when she sees him sitting on her couch, a bottle of champagne in hand. 

"come here."

she does as he says, and they spend the rest of the night talking and drinking, until she starts to drift off. as she yawns for the fifth time he draws her into his arms, her head resting against his chest. 

"you feel better now?"

jimin nods. 

"yeah. was it your plan to have everyone take me out today?"

jaebum smiles, and that's answer enough. she shifts up just slightly to press a light kiss against his lips. 

jimin can be called everything in the book, they can say what they want about her, but at the end of the day she's the only one who gets to kiss jaebum, she's the only one who can make jackson laugh until water comes out his nose, she's the only one who can equal yugyeom and bambam's endless energy, she's the only one who can listen to mark's playlists, she's the only one who makes youngjae smile until his cheeks hurt, she's the only one that can bring out the playful side in jinyoung. 

people can try and tear her down, but she knows that'll never change what she has with her boys.