Things goes on

The Return

After two hours searching for Chen, they found nothing. Xiumin was a little upset and dissapointed. He walked back and forth, tried to figure out where Chen could be. His assistant came to him and calm him down. 

'Sir, I think you should go back home and take a rest. You've work hard. We'll talk about it tomorrow.'

Xiumin nodded. 'You're right.' He went to his car and started to drove off. 

 


'Thank you so much, uncle.' Chen said the moment he got off of the boat. 

The old man smiled. 'You're welcome. You're lucky, young man. There's no rain or storm. If not, nobody can save you from drowning.'

Chen smiled back at him. 'I know. I owe you my life.' Chen actually could swim but he pretends to be drowning.

The man shook his head. 'I was just helping.' He then saw Chen shivering because of the cold water. He got off his boat. 'Follow me.'

Chen confused but still following him. 'Where are we going?'

The man said nothing and still leading the way. They walked until they reached at a small wooden house. He invited Chen into the house. He gave Chen some clothes. 

'Go and dry yourself. Otherwise, you'll got a fever. You can stay here for tonight. It's too late now.'

Chen took the clothes and thanked him. After changing his clothes, he came back and sat near to the man. 

'What's your name, young man?' asked the man.

'Jongdae.' Then Chen continued, 'Uncle, how far is the town from here? I need to do something tomorrow.'

'It's about 25 minutes if you walk.' The man then explained the routes and location of where he should go. They continued to chat on that night.
'Thank you so much. I'm going to sleep.' said Chen.

 


*knock, knock*

'Come in.'

Mr. Lee, Xiumin's assistant came into the room and took a sit infront of him.

'Sir, we searched about the guy last night. We didn't found any information about him being a criminal. He hasn't being caught.'

Xiumin sighed after heard it. 

'But sir..' Mr. Lee continued. 'When I was going to arrest him last night, I noticed there was a small tattoo at his wrist on the left hand.'

Xiumin eyes widen. 'Did you saw that tattoo?'

Mr. Lee replied, 'It's not that clear, but it looks really like DS agency's logo. DS's logo is scorpion..and I saw the head of the scorpion on his wrist.'

Xiumin let a sighed again and put his head on his hands. 

Mr. Lee looked at him curiously so that he asked, 'What happened sir? I've never seen you being this stressful.'

Xiumin lifted his head and looked at Mr. Lee who was curiously waiting for his answer. 'Chen was my best friend in university. But one day, he disappeared just like that. And after that, I couldn't contact him at all. I didn't expect to meet him in such a way. He was a nice guy before. Why did he chose to be a drug seller? I hope he is not consuming the drugs too. Btw, did you found his location?'

'I couldn't trace his GPS. Maybe his phone dropped into the water.'

Xiumin nodded. 'Inform me if you got any info'.

Mr. Lee nodded and left the room. 

 

 

[In the town]
A boy at age around 12, ran to Chen with something in his hand. He gave the new mobile phone and SIM card to Chen. Chen took it and smiled.

'Thanks. Here you go.'

He gave some money to the boy as a reward. The boy took the money and ran away. 

Chen set up everything in his phone. He had backup all the contact numbers in his email. He started to dial someone's number. He waited until the person answered his call. 

'Hello, hyung. Chen here. I guess you have know about last night.'

The person in the phone replied, 'Yes. It was failed. And boss is very mad of you.'

'Hyung, its not my fault. The police followed our client. Not me.'

'I don't need any excuses. You didn't get the money, don't you? You know what would happen to your mom, right?'

Chen's eyes widen. 'Don't you dare touching her!' he yelled. He could heard a smirked from the guy. 

'How dare you yelled at me.'

Chen's voice startled, 'I..I..I'm sorry. Please don't hurt my mom. I..I promise I'll be careful next time.'

'Boss already know about this. He'll give you a chance. You'll get more things to do next', the guy hung up the phone. 

Chen felt nervous and afraid. He quickly ran as fast as he could to somewhere. As soon as he reached there, he knocked on the door very hard and tried to catch his breath.

The door opened. An old lady at late of 50 years old looked at him surprised. 

'Jongdae, are you alright?' asked the lady.

Chen hugged her tightly. Tears started to flow down through his cheeks. 'I'm glad you're fine, omma.'

His mother didn't say a word but tried to calm him and brought him into their house. They sat down in the living room. The house was so small. Only fit about 2 to 3 person. 

The lady wiped Chen's tears and questioned him,

'What happened dear?'

Chen held his mom's hands. 'Nothing. I have a party with my friends last night. I decided to stay with him for one night. But..I got a nightmare. I dreamed that you was in a car accident. So I quickly came to see you.' 

His mom smiled. 'You don't have to worry. I'm fine dear. I'll take good care of myself. It's just a dream. You must be too tired. Breakfast is ready. Let's eat with me.'

Chen nodded. Both of them went to the kitchen and having their breakfast at a small dining table. They spent their time well until a message pop up at Chen's phone.

Chen took a look at it. It was written : Got a new job. Meet me now.

Chen looked at his mom. 'Omma, I need to go. There's an urgent thing I need to settle.'

His mom nodded. 'Take care.' 

Chen hugged his mom before he left her. 'I love you, omma.'

His mom didn't know what actually her son's job was but she believe that Chen was a good son.