Breakfast On The Rooftop

Day One
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Seungwan-ah, you really surprised me back there! Grabbing my arm and taking me out like that... It was nice though, I missed spending time with my best girl after all.” Haeun says as she swings herself by using her legs. Seungwan just smiles and starts swinging too.

Seungwan wants to fly high to the sky and get lost in the stars. Right after she takes Haeun out, they go out to have dinner and Seungwan never manages to find the right time to talk. Since Haeun has so much she has to tell, Seungwan just listens to her and waits for the right moment. At least that's what she wants to believe, she doesn't want to believe that she doesn't have the guts to talk to her about her feelings. No, it's not the time to think negatively, she says to herself. You are going to do it Seungwan! You will!

Now — after they had their dinner, drink their coffee and had some deserts — they walk to the park near Seulgi and Joohyun's house and sit down on the swings. Seungwan knows that Haeun loves to swing a lot, so she specially chooses that way, so that she can buy herself more time. She smiles at her pathetic self, Haeun is right there next to her, and she doesn't even know even if she'll stay or not, but still, she doesn't know how to start the sentence and Haeun keeps on going. It's now or never, she dramatically thinks.

“I never thought you would take me to my favorite restaurant though, it's been such a long time since I went and ate there. Actually, I had that in my too but because of the jet lag, I was completely exhausted and I decided to go some other time. Joohyun also texted me, asking me to come over and—”

“Joohyun asked you to come over?” Seungwan asks, raising an eyebrow with curiosity.

“Yes, she did.” Haeun replies. “I texted our group chat when I arrived, and she invited me for dinner, saying that they would love to have me for dinner and such... I thought she meant herself and Seulgi, didn't think I was going to end up with Wanie...”

Hmm, Seungwan thinks. She texts Seulgi and Haeun texts Joohyun, both never mention the other to each other and happen to meet coincidentally. Seungwan smiles right away after she realizes that this all is Seulgi and Joohyun's plan, since they're the one who's always nagging her about this matter. They can always read her feelings and Seungwan is thankful to her best friends.

“... Not that I'm complaining though, I think we did the right thing. Letting the couple spend the night together, we can take care of each other ourselves, right?” Haeun continues.

Seungwan smiles and nods quickly, she's thinking too hard to do otherwise at that moment. She always imagined this moment inside her head when Haeun was away but now that she's near, Seungwan's afraid. Afraid of losing her first love and one of the best friends, afraid of losing herself if she can't confess her thoughts and lose her anyway even if she does... She's in such a tight position, and she can't decide what to do, now that she has Haeun in front of her.

“Aren't you getting up?” Haeun asks and snaps Seungwan out of her thoughts.

“Why did you get up?” Seungwan asks dumbfounded and Haeun laughs at her question.

“I just told you that I wanted to go back and you nodded.” Haeun says as she feels a little sad because of Seungwan's indifference. “What's wrong, you weren't listening to me?”

Now or never, Seungwan-ah.

“There's something I need to talk with you, Haeun-ah. Let's get up after we talk.” Seungwan says and Haeun agrees, she sits back on her place, with her ears completely on Seungwan.

Seeing her friend so burdened, she's worried about what Seungwan is going to tell her. Seungwan looks up at the sky for a while and clears before starting. Haeun wonders what would make Seungwan act like this. She doesn't say anything first even thought she wants to, because it's too silent at the moment and Seungwan looks lost in thoughts.

“What I'm going to say... I really thought about this a lot, both when you were gone and were here right in front me. It's hard to confess something to someone that's so close to you...”

“Wanie, you can tell me anything. You scare me a little when you talk like this.”

“Don't worry, there's no need for you to be scared.” Seungwan says as she sighs and looks down on the floor once again. She takes a deep breath in, clears for the one last time. “I like you.”

Seungwan can't even believe how the words came out of like that and how relaxed she feels after it. Haeun looks at her appalled, like Seungwan said something that she already knew and Seungwan understands that she needs to explain it immediately.

“Not the way you think, more deeply.” Seungwan says panicking. “I'm in love with you since... the middle school, to be honest.”

Haeun stays silent after Seungwan's words and Seungwan sighs at her silence. Haeun looks at her friend with meaningful eyes and Seungwan feels like she's looking for a way out without hurting her, so she felt a little annoyed. “You don't have to answer now, let's go. It's cold.”

Seungwan gets up from the swing and walks alone as Haeun just watches her do so. She turns around to see if Haeun follows her or not and then Haeun surprises her.

“Let's try.” Haeun says with a warm but shy smile on her face. She clears too, as if she's ashamed to say what she's about to say. “I've never had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I don't know how this thing works. However, if... If you lead, I'll follow. I like you too.”

Seungwan can't help but smile at her innocent reply, and she walks to her swing to lead — help her girlfriend get up from the swing and take her home. At least, that's what they first wanted to do but as they walked down the street, hand in hand for the first time, they decide go out and have some fun before coming back to Seulgi and Joohyun's house.

 

//

 

“Why are we here Sooyoung?” Yerim asks as she exchanges the pochettes in her head to not to put a lot of weight on one.

“You'll see soon, just follow me.”

Sooyoung first took her out to a convenience store and bought stuff for a breakfast, for Yerim who didn't

Please log in to read the full chapter