Come A Little Closer...

My First Love, My First Heartache

bluein sent me a PM with an attached poem. This certainly fits YH and SH's situation. I love the poem so much, and hope you guys will love it too.

 

****

Shin Hye enrolled in Yonsei Daehakgyo, and she was determined to graduate with flying colors. That was such a long way to go, but she was determined to go to that road. And being a lawyer to assist the weak, that was her task. She knew what if feels to be the weak one.

She wanted to avail of the in-campus housing so that she would be be in school on time, but her house was near too.

"Aish, the house is so much better," she thought.

She went home after enrollment and went into her room. The pink fragrant envelop was lying on her desk, so she got it and read the poem for the nth time. Even if Min Ji gave the letter to her just yesterday, she felt that he was speaking to her her whole life.

Reading the poem made her smile and yearn for Yong Hwa even more. 

******

Flashback:

Min Ji came to Seoul on a bright Sunday afternoon for vacation. She got to meet her appa again, and they missed each other so much.

While the two sisters were alone in Shin Hye's room, Min Ji gave the letter to Shin Hye.

"What's this?" she asked her yeodongsaeng.

"It's a letter from Oppa," Min Ji said.

Shin Hye's heart fluttered when she received the letter. She was touched that he gave his first love letter to her.

"Why did he not come here to give this to me in person?" Shin Hye frowned.

"He said he wanted you to yearn for him and wait for him," Min Ji said.

Indeed, he had asked her to wait for him.

"Min Ji-ya, I think I forgot something," Shin Hye said. "Could you please excuse me? I need to make some phone call."

Min Ji nodded and went out of the room. The phone call was a lie. It was just an excuse for Min Ji to be out of the room so that Shin Hye could spazz all she wanted. Really, she lay on her bed and began reading the poem.

The poem was really sweet, but since it was closer to the truth, it pulled her heartstrings. Yong Hwa was not only sweet, he was also sentimental.

 

The Gift
 
You were a new face
That lights up this old place
You were alone and looked lonely
While you searched for your own space.
 
You contemplated to be quiet…but
You suddenly came closer and asked
If the spot beside me is free.
Yes it is!  I answered with glee.
 
It didn’t take long for us to be close
Best friends we were though I was a bit confused.
I ended up with someone I thought I liked.
Eventually giving you the heartache of your life!
 
You stole a kiss that I didn’t expect
Your actions, I just couldn’t forget
It drove me mad and couldn’t accept
Your outrageous act, don’t you regret?
 
What I didn’t know, was your reasons at bay
For acting as such so I could stay away
To no one’s dismay, we grew apart
Still carrying the aches in our tiny beating hearts.
 
Days passed and something seems amiss
I have someone beside me, but why is it you that I miss?
I feel so trapped in this demanding abyss
Being with you then was such bliss.
 
Unexpectedly faith has drawn us back together.
You got hurt and I couldn’t stay away any longer.
Guilty was I for what happened to you.
Now I feel the need to give something back worthier for you
 
Blood and life, please take it with pleasure.
Life for life is all I can offer
Nothing else for me to measure
Just live, be healthy coz you're such a treasure.

 

Tears started falling down her eyes after reading the poem. It was true... everything in it was true. To make up for her, he gave her his blood--his life. And because of that life, her own was extended. And now, he gave her love. His blood, his love, his poem--those were enough to make her fall in love with him all over again.

*****

The mushy feelings and the giddy expressions on her face never left her, even if she had read the poem again and again and again. It was just so sweet.

As she pressed the love letter to her , she stared at the ceiling and wished that she'd see Yong Hwa again.

"I still love you, Yong Hwa..." she thought. "I really, really, really love you still...."

*****

The first day of school in Yonsei.

The students were up and about as they went to their respective lecture halls. Those from the in-campus housing came out from their dormitories and rushed.

Shin Hye felt envious at those living in the dormitory, but she thought it was better to be at home. In the dorm, she could be with a new roommate and make friends with the other girls, or with the other guys in a separate dorm.

"I miss Min Ji," she thought.

Nevertheless, she went to her classes and forgot about the envy.

"Hmmm... I wonder how Hong Ki is doing," she thought.

*****

After school, she went to the library to check on her e-mail and her Twitter account. Hong Ki had updated her about his life in the United States. He said in his e-mail that he's still the resident nerd, but he had made a first impression in class. His cough medicine was recognized by his professors, and indeed, his concoction from the chaste tree was different from the others.

"Amazing," she thought.

On his Twitter account, he tweeted.

"Hong Ki-ya's cough medicine is the best!"

Shin Hye giggled at his friend's weird cuteness.

"Seoul National University, eh?" a voice came from the back.

She turned around and saw Yong Hwa, staring at her. Her eyes grew wide, and she stood up in astonishment.

"Yong... Yong Hwa..." she said his name with a smile.

He smiled coyly at her. He had dyed his hair reddish brown, it made him cooler.

"Annyeong," he greeted her with his toothy smile.

Shin Hye bit her lips as she looked into his eyes coyly.

"We're in the library," she whispered. 

"Ara," he replied as he winked at her.

His winked melted the candy that was her heart.

*****

Both of them went out of the library and loitered in the school garden.

"It is a nice afternoon," she said.

"Ne, it's nice and beautiful, coz I got to see you again," he said.

Shin Hye bit her lips as she tried to keep herself from giggling. He was just so adorable.

"How could you be so adorable?" he asked. "I never noticed it before."

She put her hand to her lips and covered her smile.

"You were busy looking somewhere else," she taunted him.

"I know," he said. "What I felt for Krystal was just... friendly love, after all."

The wind was very refreshing to the face, and it added romance to the moment. Even the setting sun was conducive for some college romance.

"Where do you live now?" she asked him.

"Over there," he said as he pointed at the male's dorm.

"Jinjja?" she asked. "Aish, I was also thinking of staying here. But thinking of our house here made me discard my plan. And I thought you'll be in Sungkyunkwan."

He leaned forward as he squinted his eyes.

"Never tell your original plan to everybody else," he said.

The same thing why she never divulge her plan for Yonsei.

"I never thought I'd see you here," he said poignantly as he brushed her hair with his fingers. "I really miss you."

"I miss you too," she replied. "It was a surprise to see you study here as well."

"When you said that you'll be leaving, I really got up so that I can see you for the last time," he said. "Guess it was the bus that I saw..."

"Jigeum gwaenchanha," she said. "You confessed to me anyway."

He got up and offered his hand for a dance, and she took his hand as she stood up. He pulled her closely, and let her lean on his shoulder. Soon, the two of them began dancing slowly to no music at all.

"Saranghae," he confessed first.

"Na do... neol saranghae..." she whispered.

"I told myself that when we will meet again, I will make you mine," he confessed.

Her cheeks warmed up like she was placed in an oven. He sounded so possessive and yet so sweet.

"Will you be my girl?" he asked her gently.

"Ne... ne... ne..." she replied happily. She had never been this happy.

Her first love and first heartache turned out to be her first boyfriend as well.

Both of them separated from their hug and looked at each other as they continued to dance. They gazed at each other, filled with the love that they no longer could hide.

Shin Hye was happy that she was able to say to him her feelings, which she thought she could no longer say.

And Yong Hwa was happy that he realized that it was Shin Hye that he loved, not Krystal.

"You stole a kiss from me," he said. "You wasted your first kiss."

"I didn't regret giving my first kiss you," she said.

"I hated you for that, but come to think of it, I really like the way you kissed me," he admitted.

He placed one hand to her nape and leaned forward, while she shut her eyes and waited for his kiss to fall upon her lips. And, in the moment of truth, he whispered...

"Come a little closer."

...and gently placed a sweet and soft kiss on her lips--the first kiss he gave her, the first kiss she received from him.

 

(Insert song: "Gemini" by Sponge Cola)

 

 

Come a little closer, flicker in flight
We'll have about an inch space but I'm here
I can breathe in what you breathe out

[Chorus:]
Let me know if I'm doing this right
Let me know if my grip's too tight
Let me know if I can stay all of my life
Let me know if dreams can come true
Let me know if this one's yours too
Coz I see it (Oh...)
And I feel it right here
And I feel you right here

The vacuous night steps aside
To give meaning to
Gemini's dreaming
The moon on it's back and the seemingly
Veiled rooms lit
By the same star

[Chorus:]
Let me know if I'm doing this right
Let me know if my grip's too tight
Let me know if I can stay all of my life
Let me know if dreams can come true
Let me know if this one's yours too
Coz I see it (Oh...)
And I feel it right here
And I feel you right here

 

 

****THE END****

 

♥♥