Of Cakes And Letters

My First Love, My First Heartache

Yong Hwa went to the grocery to by some ingredients to cook some sweet desserts. He was in the mood for something sweet because he had confessed to Shin Hye.

At home, he started to bake a cake with chocolate toppings and mango sauce at the sides. Eomma saw the cake that he made and asked if he would be giving it for another girl.

"Ne, Eomma," he said. "Don't worry, I'll bake some this afternoon for the two of us."

"Oh, my son is so sweet," Eomma said. "But I prefer if you make some pizza this afternoon. And do not put chocolate on your pizza, arasseo? The last one you made was more like cake than pizza."

Yong Hwa laughed at the memory. He was a chocolate addict.

*****

He placed the cake in the refrigerator first because he wanted his cake cold by the time he'd give it to a certain girl. He ran upstairs and into his room, where he composed a poem for Shin Hye. While composing the poem, he was listening to his radio, and a CN Blue song was played on air. The song reminded him of him and her.

(insert song: "Illusion" by CN Blue)

 

 

I’m missing you, itsudemo (always)
I’m telling you, imademo (even now)
Close my eyes, and imagine you are in my heart
 
I’m thinking you, itsudemo (always)
I’m drawing you, imademo (even now)
She leaned over and whispered something in my ear
 
I am still in our memory
I am still in our love story
I am still waiting for you here
I never to lose heart my love, my love
 
I’m missing you, itsudemo (always)
I’m telling you, imademo (even now)
The old times, are all of our true stories
 
I’m thinking you, itsudemo (always)
I’m drawing you, imademo (even now)
My lady, You’re my memories in my life
 
I am still in our memory (and I)
I am still in our love story (and I)
I am still waiting for you here
I never to lose heart, my love
 
I am still in our memory (and I)
I am still in our love story (and I)
I am still waiting for you
Kimi to boku no story (story of you and me)
 
Kimi to boku wa hitotsu no basho wo mitsumete itanoni
(you and I were staring at same place)
Eien to omotta shiawase wo boku wa ima mo sagasite iru
(I thought happiness is forever, I’ve been looking for it even now)
 
I am still in our memory
I am still in our love story
I am still waiting for you here
I never to lose heart my love, my love
 
I am still in our memory (and I)
I am still in our love story (and I)
I am still waiting for you here
I never to lose heart, my love
 

*****

The poem was finally done, and he read it over and over again to make sure that the composition was free from errors. He placed it inside a pink and fragrant envelop, and he hopped out of the room to give the cake and the letter to this girl.

*****

Min Ji was sweeping the leaves on the ground when knocks where heard. She placed the broom on the ground and ran to the gate. When she opened the gate, she was astonished to see Yong Hwa holding a big white box.

"Oppa, annyeonghaseyo?" she greeted.

"Annyeong, Min Ji-ya," he greeted.

Min Ji let him in, and she was really excited to see him because her long-time crush was bringing some gift.

"What is that, Oppa?" she asked excitedly.

"For you," he said.

"Jinjja????" she asked excitedly.

She was about to grab the box when Yong Hwa withdrew it, and he leaned to her.

"You'll be going to Seoul tomorrow, right?" he asked slyly with a wink.

"Ne, I told you yesterday," she replied in confusion.

"Geuge, could you please give this to Shin Hye?" he asked as he handed her the letter.

Min Ji got the letter and looked at it. Then, she realized that he was just bribing her.

"Aish, jinjja...." she remarked.

Yong Hwa smirked, as she was able to get to his point.

"Please, Min Ji-ya...."

"Why don't you go to Seoul and meet Eonni today?" she asked.

"I have nowhere to stay in Seoul," he said.

"Ah, lame! You're lame, Oppa!" she pouted. "Your hyung is in Seoul, right?"

"Ne, but he is in Yeosu for the winter break," Yong Hwa said.

"Pffft. Just live with us in our house," Min Ji offered.

"Mwo? That will give a bad impression on your abeoji. Shirheo!" Yong Hwa retorted.

"Min Ji pouted.

"Really, Min Ji-ya, I want you to give this letter to her because I want her to yearn for me when she reads my letter," Yong Hwa said. "I will want her to wait for the day that we will see each other again."

Min Ji . 

"Aish, you are being lame and cheesy," she said. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Tsh... Arasseo, I will give this letter to her."

"Gamsa," he said. "I know you will."

"Aish, you and your bribe," Min Ji frowned. "Jinjja...."

Yong Hwa gave the box to Min Ji.

"Do not shake it," he said.

"What... what is in it?" she asked.

"Open it."

Min Ji did as instructed, and her eyes grew wide in happiness at the surprise.

"WOW!!!! Cake! With mango sauce!" she yelped.

Closing back the box, she said. "Oppa, I will do anything for you, as long as you will bribe me with stuff like this."

She and her sweet tooth.

"Omo, but your teeth will get weak with all the sweets," he told her.

Min Ji frowned cutely.

"Gamsahamnida, Oppa," she told him.

"I gotta go now," he said.

Min Ji placed the cake on the table in the porch and accompanied him to the gate. When Yong Hwa went out, she closed the gate behind her.

"Cake, cake, here I come!" she thought happily.

 

~~~~