Chapter 5.

Long Time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Nayeon didn't sleep at all the last night. She was too disturbed by Jeongyeon's actions, her feelings and ofcourse Mina as she just reminded of the girl.

Sachaeng joined her and they ate the breakfast together. Nayeon noticed that Jeongyeon and Mina didn't come so she asked the Sachaeng couple. They then explained her the situation and all she could do was disappointedly nodding.

Nayeon didn't see the girl the whole day and it worried her. When she finished her day, she hesitantly made her way to Jeongyeon and Mina's room. Once she arrived in front of the door, she knocked but she didn't hear anything so she tried again and this time, the door opened revealing Mina, only in her bathrobe.

"Hi Nayeon can I help you?" Mina asked with a smile. Nayeon smiled bitterly feeling guilty about last night.

"Oh... I was just wondering if you were okay since I didn't see you at all today..."

"It's okay. Jeongyeon just needed to rest so I stayed with her." Mina replied looking straight into Nayeon's eyes. Nayeon could feel her body shiver at the icy look Mina was sending her.

"O-Okay then rest well... good night." Nayeon bowed and hurriedly went to her room.

 

Actually that day, Jeongyeon told the whole story to Mina. About Nayeon being her ex-lover, the one who left her, the one who hurt her and about last night events. Feeling guilty she felt obliged to tell her lover. Once Mina knew it, she was at first going crazy and was mad at Jeongyeon but quickly let it go when Jeongyeon explained herself about it. She saw sincerity in Jeongyeon's words and moreover she even dared telling her the truth instead of hiding it.

To be forgiven, Mina asked Jeongyeon to stay together in their room to be her slave the whole day. 

 

Not knowing how to face Nayeon, Jeongyeon has been avoiding the girl the whole last week in Jeonju. Nayeon, ofcourse was aware of it as it was pretty obvious. When Nayeon asked for Jeongyeon, Mina would be the one who comes to her and since they just were partness for work, Nayeon couldn't ask more. Mina was after all the CEO of Myoui not Jeongyeon — at least not yet.

One day she even caught Jeongyeon hiding behind a newspaper pretending to be someone else. But ofcourse Nayeon wasn't too dumb not to notice the little white hair which was exceeded from the papers.

As time pass by, it was already the end of their journey and they now were heading to the airport. They all were in the same van and Nayeon kept glancing at the couple in front of her. She wasn't really enjoying the view as they kept cuddling with each other. Suddenly, she asked Sana, who was at the front with Chaeyoung who was driving, to put a disk in the CD player. Sana agreed and put it on.

 

One of the songs 2yeon used to sing together and like played. Nayeon started to rum the song and glanced at Jeongyeon who seemed to not pay attention to her at all. Not satisfied, she asked Sana to change the song to another one. This time it was 'Wanna Be Her' by the same artist. 

Nayeon thanked Sana and started to sing along with the played song. 

I wanna know, I wanna know
How to love you
More than today
It’s so hard, it’s so hard
Because I’m a young girl
Who only knows herself

I’m dreaming again that I’m her
I wanna be her...


Nayeon noticed that it was useless and stopped singing. The ride was filled with an awkward atmosphere until they reached the airport.

A week went by and today is the last day of their cooperation.

Nayeon will see Jeongyeon again after a week without having news of the girl. She was now waiting in the meeting room in Myoui Corporation  with many others businessmen.

After a few minutes, Mina and Jeongyeon arrived and were explaining the finished project and reporting it to all the workers. Once the meeting finished, Nayeon proposed Mina and Jeongyeon to celebrate it between friends. She called Chaeyoung and the others to come along. Nayeon suggested going to the karaoke and they all agreed.

 

Jeongyeon, ofcourse was really happy to have fun with her friends again. She was enjoying the moment by talking with Tzuyu, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Momo while Mina was busy talking about business with Jihyo. Nayeon and Sana on the other hand were looking for some interesting songs to sing.

 

"Everybody, listen to me!" Sana exclaimed with the micro. They all turned to look at her, "Okay, who want to sing first?" They now all looked at each other and then everybody turned their gaze to Jeongyeon, "Okay then Jeongyeon! Come on!" Jeongyeon blinked before snapping out from her daze. She then pointed herself with a questioning face.

"Yes you Jeong!" Said Momo laughing at the older girl's attitude. Jeongyeon looked at Mina who was deeply staring at her. Actually Mina never heard Jeongyeon sing and she was a bit curious about it.

"B-But I can't sing!" Jeongyeon retorted nervously.

"Bwo? You're kidding us right Jeongyeon-unnie?!" Dahyun said chuckling. Before Jeongyeon could reply, Nayeon dragged Jeongyeon in the front in spite of the displeased look on Mina's face.

 

"Okay Jeong! Sing that song okay?" Sana said pointing to the title of the song in the book and handing the micro to her. Jeongyeon nervously nodded and cleared before the song started.

 

If I were a boy
Even just for a day
I'd roll outta bed in the morning
And throw on what I wanted and go

 

They were now all listening to her angelic voice and amazed including Mina who was quite shocked to know that Jeongyeon had such a beautiful voice. Nayeon on the other hand felt her heart beating fast as she missed the latter's voice so much.

 

(...)

 

But you're just a boy
You don't understand
Yeah, you don't understand, oh
How it feels to love a girl someday
You wish you were a better man
You don't list to her
You don't care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
'Cause you've taken her for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

But you're just a boy

 

Once Jeongyeon sang the last lyrics, everyone applauded wooing her. She shyly smiled while bowing and went back to her spot.

"Wow Jeong you were so cool!" Chaeyoung exclaimed still applauding, "It makes me shiver!"

"Thank Chae ehe..." Mina immediately went to Jeongyeon and sat beside her.

"I didn't know you can sing Jeongie..." Jeongyeon just smiled apologeticaly to her as Sana, the MC of their little party asked who wants to be next.

"Sana, give it to me." Said Nayeon smiling at the latter.

"Woohoo! Bunny, go ahead!" Shouted Dahyun while the others were laughing at her funny behavior.

As the song started, Nayeon's eyes were already directed to Jeongyeon's. Even if the room was a bit dark, she could see Jeongyeon's piercing brown yet black eyes looking at her. And during the whole song, her eyes didn't quit Jeongyeon's who were now looking away.

 

I'm so glad you made time to see me
How's life, tell me how's your family?
I haven't seen them in a while
You've been good, busier then ever
We small talk, work and the weather
Your guard is up and I know why

 

(...)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter