The Study Room [Nayeon]

Twice Drabble Collection Thing

Nayeon stretches above her head, making a cute high pitch noise before returning her hands to her work. The pencil wiggled back and forward quickly as she wrote, stopping occasionally to tap it against her lips as she thought. Walking up and knocking against the frame of the door, you walk in holding a tray while holds a tea pot and two cups. She looks up at you and gives you a small smile before returning to her work.

“How’s it going?” You sit down across from her on the couch facing the desk, setting the tray down on an open section of the desk. “You’ve been at it earlier than usual.” You had noticed that she had woke up at 5 this morning and hasn’t left her seat since. It’s now 4 in the afternoon. Nayeon nods.

“I had some inspiration in my dream.” She bit the edge of her eraser as she thought. “The faster I finish this book the faster I can pay you back.” She had lost her job at the editorial office you both worked at a few months back after she had a long heated battle with your boss. She decided to write a book at that point, but was quickly about to lose her apartment when you stepped in, offering that she stays at your place in exchange that she helps out around the house.  She accepted, but has kept saying that she would pay you back with the money she makes from the book. 

You nod in response.  You didn’t want to tell her that she didn’t need to pay you back, even though you feel like she owes you nothing.  You pour her a cup first before making your own.  Both of you take sips of tea, then you let out a yawn.

“Tired,_______?” She smiles softly, putting down her pencil and stands up from her chair for the first time all day.

“Let’s just say it was not pleasant in the office today.” You take another sip as you watch her walk over to the door.

“I’ll make dinner today. You get some rest.”  You hear her footsteps lead off to the kitchen.  You silently agree with her, lying down on the couch as you slowly fall asleep.

About a hour and a half later, Nayeon comes back, with two plates of chicken, rice and corn. Setting them down on the table, she turns to your sleeping body.  Smiling, she sits on the couch and shakes your shoulder lightly.

“______, wake up. I made dinner” She coos softly, shaking your shoulder a bit more.  You stir a little bit, but you start mumbling something, nothing very understandable since you’re still ninety percent asleep.  She giggles.  “What was that? I couldn’t understand you~”  She pouts when you don’t respond, just turn to adjust your position.

“______” she pokes your cheek, a little roughly.  It has no affect.  She sighs.  Then an idea comes to mind.  Naeyon turns her body to face you, and she caresses your cheek.  “______ since you’re asleep, you don’t mind me doing this, do you?”  she smiles when you don’t answer.  “Fine, how about this?” She leans over and kisses your cheek. No response.  She puffs her cheeks out in frustration.  “______ you’re such a heavy sleeper..” she whines.  She hesitantly moves over from your cheek, her lips hovering over yours.  “what if I…” her hands cup your face and she hesitates.  “He won’t know.” She smiles as she lays a few kisses on your lips.  “Thank you for everything.  I love you.” She whispers into your ear before sitting up right, and moving back over to her chair, eating before returning to work. 

You wake up ten minutes later.  “How long was I out?” you say groggily, rubbing your eyes as you spot the food.

“Oh, about two hours” Nayeon seems more focused on her book than normal.

Taking the plate, you look over at her.  “Anything interesting happen while i was out?”

“No, nothing at all~”  Nayeon said, leaning her head over even more to hide the fact that her entire face was redder than a tomato.