Tuesday's Tragedy

Until The Bell Rings

Lunch Period 12:00 P.M.

"Do not eat the gummy bears from the cafeteria vending machine."

In their highschool, this famous line was passed down the generations of the students that came and went. It was like one of those classic ghost stories you'd hear in your school about some dead kid haunting the girl's bathroom. You're ing terrified, but you have no real idea why.

Yewon, however, never heard of such tale.


"Noo..." Yewon groaned as she saw that the vending machines still haven't restocked the caramel popcorn that day. She stared at the empty compartment with great sorrow, hands pressed against the glass and thinking about all the other times that popcorny goodness was there. If she doesn't get her sugary fixing for the day, she was sure that she won't survive the remaining hours of the school day.

Annoyed, she scrolled her eyes along the colorful variety of diabetic goodness. Some chips, some chocolate, some ing granola bars.. she was beginning to lose all hope in humanity until a golden sheen in the top right corner of the machine glinted in her eyes.

Sugarless gummy bears.

"Hmm..sugarless...." Yewon pondered. "I guess... maybe I can be a little healthier today." 

She slipped her dollar into the slot easily, punching the buttons carefully and watching the mechanical crane push her delicious prize to the bottom.

Yewon knelt down and grabbed the bag from the opening, beginning to walk to her chums. As she did so, she tore open the bag, daintily popping each bear into and chewing carelessly. She till hasn't yet noticed the crowds of people looking at her with absolute awe and murmuring about.

"Hey guys." Yewon mumbled, plopping herself next to Seunghee ( who immediately recoiled ) and still eating those gummy bears with no care in the goddamn world.

All seven of them froze up and watched on with horror as she brought each colorful monstrosity to  one-by-one. It even somehow stopped Shiah and Mihyun from vacuuming each other's lips, which made Yewon knew something was up - nothing ever stopped those two from their public lovemaking. Nothing. 

"What?"

"W-what are you doing with that?" Yoobin's voice was trembling.

"Huh?"

"That.." She pointed an accusing finger at the delicious culprit.

"The gummy bears? I'm eating them, obviously. Want some?" Yewon offered the open package to her circle of friends, each shaking their head both politely yet firmly, except Jiho who looked like Yewon did a sin that not even Satan can forgive.

"More for me then." Yewon said with a shrug, having the absolute nerve to resume her barbaric meal.

"No..! Stop! What are you doing??" Seunghee suddenly grabbed Yewon's wrist, catching her in a frustrated surprise.

"What?? What's your problem??? It's just some damn candy." She yanked her arm away from her grip.

"Yewon, nobody ever told you to not eat those gummy bears from the vending machines?" Mihyun asked.

"What? ...no."

"Hyojung, you're a bad mom for not telling your kid. This is practically child abuse." Shiah chuckled.

"Yup, how can you not tell her?" Hyejin nodded along.

Hyojung gulped, realizing that as Yewon's senior, she was pretty much responsible to tell her every ritual and common courtesy this school has. But she was damned. How can she forget such a thing!? She really wanted to facepalm herself now.

"Yewon, I'm so so so sorry. Please forgive me." Hyojung put her hands together, bowing her head as if pleading for Yewon's forgiveness.

"Hyojung, chill. I still don-"

"Dude. Those are edible laxatives." Jiho's blunt and simple explanation cut off Yewon's sentence.

Yewon raised an eyebrow, amused, "Oh? Doesn't seem like it." She was now beginning to exaggerate her expression as she ate. "Delicious."

"You're gonna die." Jiho glared at her intensely with her perfectly cut cat eyes.

"Whatever you say." Yewon shrugged once more, lifting her head up and tipping the rest of the bag's contents into .


English Class 1:21 P.M.

Yewon tapped the eraser end of her pencil against her notebook, watching the clock's second hand move painstakingly slowly. The droning lectures the teacher was giving was going in one ear and out the other, making her eyes grow heavy. She leaned back on her seat, internally fighting the urge to not sleep. Just as her head was bobbing to and fro from losing the fight, a distinct growl hummed in her stomach - waking her up.

"What the hell?" Yewon thought as her stomach started orchestrating a gastric melody. Thankfully, they were on the quieter side and it caught no ones attention. But it admittedly, she was a little worried. She leaned forward on her seat, hoping that the sounds would calm down if she were sitting in a different position.

Nope.

Okay, maybe if she leaned to the si-

Nope.

As she kept shifting in her seat, it's as if the planets aligned and was eclipsing her physical body- thus her gastrointesinal Armageddon began.

"Oh ."

Yewon shot straight up from her chair, ing her hand up in the air. The whole class stared on, sniggering as words already traveled down the whole school that Yewon ate the forbidden fruit.

"Teacher! May I please be excused to the nurse? I have... uh.. headache, uh yeah. Headache."

To her relief, he just quietly nodded, surprised how such a solemn kid was so suddenly urgent.

Yewon quickly left and lurched over, clinging onto the wall. The gummy bears have now started their a multi-colored dance party in her stomach and it was disabling her from standing upright. Never in Yewon's young life has she felt such savagery and fury ravaging her innocent bowels. She can't even tell if the wetness on her face is her tears or her sweat.


Nurse's office 2:36 P.M.

After giving some time of her life to pelvis-breaking gummy bear assault, she was left weak and defeated. She was surprised her body was still intact and didn't disappear out of existence. The nurse was nice enough to give her some alka-seltzer and just chill in the office until the end of the school day.

Yewon gulped her drink down, texting the others of her regret.

Group Chat: Squad

Yewon: guys

Jiho: o

Jiho: whats heaven like

Seunghee: aiskjd im laughing so hard

Hyejin: loooool y r u alive

Hyojung: Are you okay???

Hyojung: Where are you???

Shiah: prolly 6 feet under lol

Yoobin: Is this a ghost

Mihyun: R.I.P Choi Yewon 1999-2018

Yewon: i lived


 

 

 

no srsly guys
dont ever eat more than three of those gummy bears

yeh age inaccuracy at the end but my math aint that good anyways