Chapter Two

Stairs

 

Purple font for Mina's thoughts

Red font for Chaeyoung's thoughts

Turquoise font for Tzuyu's thoughts

 

Mina's POV

...

"Good work Myoui, that was another new record.." the girl with glasses (I forgot her name) said happily. I nodded as I caught a glance of our other club members. 

"She's at it again,"

"Taking all the glory,"

"She must be so proud of herself, lol,"

Why do people even use the abbreviation "lol"? They don't even look like laughing out loud.  

I took a towel out of my bag and dabbed it onto my sweating forehead. 

"Track and field club is transported to the other side of the school," Jihyo (Top 1), the student council president reported. 

"Why Jihyoring?"

"It's the archery team's turn to use the wide space since the archery center is being patched up and all. You better get going, the archery club's president is what I ha–"

Suddenly, an arrow was shot between us. 

Jihyo coughed and sternly said, "Hate the most about them."

"Yo, yo!" Jeongyeon (Top 7), the president of archery club. She leans on Jihyo and jovially ruffles her hair. "Nice seeing you here Minie!"

"You too Jeong unnie," 

"You guys better get going, we have a tournament this Friday so we need full practice," she says as she messes her hair up in frustration. 

"Against who?" I took my water bottle to take a sip.

"Silverate Academy."

I spat the water on the ground and wiped my wet lip with my hand. 

"Kind of tough right?" she sighs. "They're known to goof off, but they know they're ****."

"Don't talk about them like that," I slowly held the water bottle up to my mouth. "Some of them aren't that bad."

"Looks like Minaring found someone interesting from Silverate hehe," she poked me as I slapped her hand away. 

"Technically, that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard today." I pointed my water bottle at her. 

 

Well for the record, she is quite interesting

 

"What's going on?" Chaeyoung (Top 4) asked while carrying her bow and arrows. 

 

Her bow is slightly bigger than her..so cute.

 

"Mina has a crush from our rival's school," Jeongyeon said as I slightly punched her arm. "That wasn't slightly! You're giving bad narration!" 

"Well, if Mina likes one of them then it's very right.." Chaeyoung stopped. 

"Very right.."

"To win and take the trophy!" she smiled. 

 

Does she have a grudge with one of Silverate's students?

 

"I'm not gonna let you down Mina!" she jumped with joy. "I can't lose you to someone from Silverate!"

"It's not like I'm gonna die or anything," I gave a worried face. 

What the heck is going on in her head?

She gave this smile with her little dimples showing. I really can't read her mind. 

"We'll be practicing now Minie, give us the good luck will ya?" 

"Will do," I take my bag from the bench and gave a gentle tap on Chaeyoung's shoulder. "Good luck guys, I believe in all of you."

Chaeyoung waves at me with a smile and readied her bow and arrow in place.

 

I can't let Tzuyu get a grasp of this opportunity to "wow" Mina again..

 

"Mina, we better get going," the girl with glasses says as she writes down notes on her clipboard.

"Ah yes.."

..

"You've been running all day, it's time to dismiss all of you," she said while approaching me. "You did good today Mina."

"Thanks..you?" 

"Jennie," still looking at her clip board. "Now that you've mentioned it, I haven't properly introduced myself to you before."

"It's okay," I smiled. "I better get going."

"Have a nice day."

I took my sling bag and started walking towards the gate. And then I saw this mysterious shadow. A person?

I hid behind a tree and looked at this "shadow" closely. It was wearing a hoodie and a mask. That skirt..

 

Tzuyu.

 

"What the are you doing?.." I walked towards her and crossed my arms. "Tzuyu?"

I heard her sigh as she took her mask of. 

"How'd you know it was me Minari?" Tzuyu asked while pouting. 

"Lucky guess," 

"That's my Minari!" Tzuyu smiled and hugged me. 

 

MY MINARI!?

MY MINARI~💓💓

 

"U-uh..uhm.."

"Since  you're done with practice, let's go to my apartment!" Tzuyu held onto my hand and smiled. 

"I have homework to do.." 

"That can wait,"

"I have private piano lessons later," 

"Attend it some other time,"

"B–"

"I bought the snacks you like," she held up a plastic bag that was really bulky. "I know for sure, that you can't avoid this offer."

She smirked while holding it close to my face. 

"N-no.." I looked away and crossed my arms. "I can buy those myself, a-and I really need to do my homeworks or I'll fai–"

"There's ketchup-flavored chips here," she fished out the flavored chips and waved it around me.

 

K-ketchup-flavored!?

Good thing I kept a look out when she was buying groceries last week keke

 

I bit my lip and held onto my shoulder bag tightly. 

"Lead..the way,"

..

We went inside the lobby and saw the owner of the place. As usual, I hung my head low while holding tightly at my shoulder bag. 

"Hey Mr. Lee!" Tzuyu waved at him. 

"Tzuyu? Nice to see you still full of energy," he made an adorable eye-smile. "Is that a new friend of yours?"

"No Mr. Lee, she's not new here," she chuckled and held onto my hand. "She's from door 166,"

"Ohh, I'm sorry child, I haven't seen you before, my bad,"

 

I-it's clearly my fault since I've been hiding my face when I walked towards the elevator for 2 years now..

 

"I-it's okay.." I tried to smile. 

"What a gorgeous smile you have!"

I blushed at the compliment and hid behind Tzuyu while saying a "thank you" in response.

"I know right Mr. Lee!" Tzuyu replied with proud flickers of happiness. 

I was now feeling more warm and I eventually pulled onto Tzuyu's sleeve softly. She notices this and we took our leave. 

We were now in the elevator. She was still happy, while I was still feeling flustered. 

"Y-you're my neighbor!?" I looked at her door and my door. "B-but..why were you running towards me like you were from another hallway?"

"I delivered some soup packages to Ms. Chan," she smiled with unlocking her apartment door. "She can't fully digest and consume some..food,"

I nodded in understanding.

 

She goes that far to help people?

 

"Make yourself feel at home," Tzuyu puts her shoes on the shoe rack. "It might be your home in the future too."

My eyes were wide with shock and all she did was laugh. 

"I'm kidding, we're gonna take it slow alright?"

I nodded. 

 

Wait I nodded? Why the f–

 

"Wanna watch a movie?" she yelled from her kitchen. 

"I'd rather practice my running,"

"Awe, but you're so good at it already," she takes a pepero stick and fed one to me. 

"How would you know?" I asked as I bit the pepero stick Tzuyu fed to me. What.

"The place where you saw me earlier? That was my secret spot Minari," she pouted. 

"Spot for what? There's nothing to see there," I swallowed the food I was eating. "Just some clubs practicing.."

"And one of those clubs has you in it!" she chuckled. 

"Wait, so y-you're spying on us!?" 

"Huh?"

"You're academy is against ours Tzu," I said. "You're spying on us aren't you?"

 

She's a spy..she's just using me as an excuse..

 

"Minari, I have a schedule of my own," Tzuyu tapped the tip of my nose. "I play fairly when I'm not desperate."

"But, isn't that a perfect cha–"

"That's why I cheated when we made that bet,"

I looked at her with a look of disbelief.

 

My heart is pounding..my heart is what?..

 

"Believe me when you see me in the tournament," Tzuyu winked and ate another biscuit. 

"F-from the audience?" 

"Do I need to introduce myself again Minari?" she dusted herself off and stood up. "Chou Tzuyu, Top 2 of Silverate Academy, president of the Archery Club."

 

Oh God..if the student council finds out that I'm friends with one of them then I'm...

..so screwed..

 

Doing all of these in a jiffy, toddle-loo~

-nika