Chapter One

Stairs

Let's start the story with a little introduction for our main character. 

Given the name Myoui Mina since birth, works hard even though she doesn't need to. 

And the other main character?

Chou Tzuyu, a cheeky dog-like person who tails the one she loves..like a dog with it's owner.

 

Mina's POV

 

I look at the sign on the elevator and sighed deeply.

"Elevator broken, kindly use the stairs instead."

I looked at my watch in frustration. I'm gonna be late, this can't be happening. Fast foot-steps attacked my ear as I looked at the direction of the disturbing noise.

I saw a girl running towards my direction, breathless. She places her hand on the wall for support and asks me, "The elevator broke?" 

I nodded as I saw her sigh. She looks at a door and smiles. 

"Why don't we take the stairs? Wanna bet who's first?" she asks. 

"Fine. If I win you buy me snacks," I'm pretty good at running. 

"Deal," she fixes her posture and stretches her arms. "Aren't you gonna ask me what I want when I win?"

"No thanks, I'm gonna be late for my classes,"

"Then you better be first..." she says as she opens the door leaving me in shock. "If you don't wanna be late!"

I cursed under my breath and started running down the stairs. I saw her skip a few steps happily. 

This is exhausting. 

I held onto my sling bag as I skipped every step. 

I opened the door while I huffed and puffed. She was there. Smiling at me while leaning onto a lamp post.

"I guess I won?" she looked at me with that smirk of hers. 

 

Cute.

 

"That was cheating,"

"If I didn't cheat then I would lose," she pouted. "I'm not good at running."

"Well? What do you want any ways?" 

The girl smiled and pointed her long slender fingers at me. 

"U,"

"Can you repeat that?"

"I said you. Y, o, and the letter u," she spelled it out like I'm stupid. "Three dates with y, o, u and m, and e."

"Hell no." I turned my back at her and I felt a hand grab my arm.

"W-why not?" she asked like the question wasn't weird at all. 

"I'm not gay," I weirdly looked at her. "I am never going to date a woman,"

She looked at me and held my hand while I shook it away. 

"Just two dates will be fine," she makes a peace sign and a smile. 

"Why would you even consider dating a girl?" I asked in annoyance. 

"Boys reject me," she chuckled sadly.

 

But she's so pretty??

 

"Those boys are hawk-eyes,"

"Mean.." she pouted. "Can you just say yes?"

I looked at her with her pleading little eyes. 

"Fine, but I will never be in a relationship with you, never," I faced her and leaned closely at her face.

 

Ever.

 

"Understood," she smiled and offered her hand. "The name's Tzuyu."

"Mina," I shook her hand. "This better be a one time thing."

"I honestly can't promise you anything," 

"And why is that?"

"It's because I'm in love with you," she skips happily and looks at me with a smile. "Consider yourself lucky that I'm the one who fell for you."

"Consider yourself useless in my life," I rolled my eyes and sighed. 

"Hmph, then consider yourself late you big meanie," 

I looked at my watch and it was past 7 am. My classes..

"Good thing my school doesn't care about it's students being late," she laughs. 

Wait, I know that uniform. Blue blouse with bland silver colored suspenders and skirt. 

She's from Silverate Academy. Our enemy school. Now that we're on this topic, let's talk about our rivalry with this academy. 

The Silverate Academy is an elite school honestly, but..with the most idiotic people I have ever encountered. Now that you mention it, Tzuyu is a part of their Top 10 students so she isn't that bad. 

But in my school, Rose Haven Academy, is a highly respected school. I'm, of course– a Top 10 student myself. 

Back to talking to Tzuyu...

"So.." she scratches her nape and smiles awkwardly. "W-want a hug?"

"No,"

"What about a friendly hug?" 

"We're not even friends,"

 

Yet.

 

She rests her arms at their places and smiles.What a fake smile.

"Stop smiling,"

"Why?"

"I don't wanna see it,"

 

Cause it's fake. Nobody is ever happy when I'm around.

 

"But I can't control it," Tzuyu approached me and held my hand. "My mind has a body of it's own I guess?"

She reaches her hand out and held onto my hand. This is what friends do. This is what friends do. This is wha– w-why is she locking our fingers together?!

We walked together and separated ways. What did she say earlier? She loves me?

 

Just a friend I guess..

...ugh..stupid stairs.

 

 

Howdy little furries, this is a new account since I've been losing all of my passwords ;-; and those accounts I lost were just accs for reading. of my story :--))

-nika