Chapter 02

My Idol Friend

After minutes of driving, they were arrived at the most quiet spot on Han River. The weather was cold but many people come and excercised, mostly around fifties or sixties. But Dahyun and Jungkook couldn’t risk themselves to go outside the car.

Jungkook wore his thick jacket and his mask to buy her bungeoppang while Dahyun waited in his car.

“Are you sure this will do?” Jungkook asked Dahyun while handing the breads.

Her attention was full on the hot breads, she shook her head, “No it’s not. But I’m on diet. So, I hope this is enough” her smiled appeared as she pulled out a bread from the plastic.

Jungkook was mesmerized at her smile. He didn’t know that Dahyun has nice smile especially an innocent smile.

“Why are you staring me like that?” Dahyun took a bite and immediately let a sigh because the bread was too hot. Jungkook blinked. Her voice awaken him from his thought.

Dahyun handed him one and Jungkook took the bread from her hand. He shoved it immediately. Dahyun watched her while munching her own. Asking whether it was too hot or not, but Jungkook ignored her.

“You don’t need any diet tho” Jungkook stared at the river infront of the car, “I don’t think you need it”

Dahyun giggled, “Are you kidding me? Do you want me to be bashed by haters?” She laughed while staring at the tasty bread in her hand.

“Why?” Jungkook turned his head to her.

Dahyun shoved remaining bread in her hand and turned her body to reach her snacks on backseat. She bought enough beverages, her favorite, choco milk. She handed Jungkook one, along with straw. Then took one for herself, “Haters pointed out my ugly proportion” She chukled while took a sip of her choco milk.

“Huh?” Jungkook didn’t understand.

“They said I have bad proportion. I know that I’m short, but there is nothing I can do about that” She looked relaxed enough to tell him what haters said about her.

Jungkook was only watching her talk without making any sounds. He was ready to listen.

“The only way to make me taller is wearing heels, but my knee is still hurt” Dahyun looked at her injured knee. A few months ago she have to hiatus on twice schedule because of her injured knee. She didn’t go with her members to Vietnam to shoot. She was alone in hospital to get better treatment.

“That’s why you didn’t jump on your song” Jungkook looked lost in thought and just mumbling.

Dahyun giggled, “Oh, was it very clear?” On heartshaker she had to jump because of the choreo but she just pretending to jump. She didn’t know that Jungkook will catch that.

“Is it because of your proportion? I don’t think you are very short. You are shorter than me of course but it’s just enough”

“I’m still unperfect in their eyes” Dahyun took another bite on her second bread.

Jungkook sipped his milk, “But nobody’s perfect”

“Yah, how can you say that? Sure thing sometimes you are annoying, but in their eyes you are perfect. You were named golden maknae for a reason. You can do anything”, Dahyun was right, Jungkook was perfect. He can sing, dance, rap, also very good looking and had great body, “Ah, I’m so jealous of you” Dahyun giggled.

The male didn’t give any reaction. People always telling him that he’s perfect and had a great life that people are always dreaming of. Sure thing he was blessed to debut with BTS who practically became his brothers. Also, he achieved many things as BTS members.

He received many things, but he also miss a lot of things.

But it didn’t mean that he has perfect life. He had to give up her teenage life, he had to live away from his family when he was only 15. He couldn’t have many friends because he only knew how to sing or dance when his other friend busily hang out and play.

Last year he barely made friends. His 97 liners.

His first idol friend was Yugyeom. He knew Yugyeom because his hyungs and GOT7 member were friends since trainee. Then came Bambam, Mingyu, Seokmin, Minghao and Jaehyun.

Then he knew Dahyun because of Bambam. Jungkook got her number from Bambam and they were became friends.

They were became important people and also his only friend in his life that he loves dearly.

Jungkook was lost in his thought until Dahyun finished her breads.

“Don’t read any negative comments” Again, the male mumbled while staring at the river.

“Hm?” Dahyun caught what he was saying, but she want to make sure that she heared it right.

Jungkook cleared his throat, “Are you still hungry? Do you want some chineese food? We can call for delivery”

Dahyun shook her head, “Nah, I’m good”

They were silent for a moment later until Dahyun spoke.

“Oh right, I almost forgot. Why did you ignored me for weeks?” He pushed his arm, still bitter about cold treatment that she received.

The male sighed, he didn’t want to talk about this because..

Because he didn’t know either.

Actually he knew, but he found it ridiculous.

That’s because he heard someone interested on Dahyun.

Dahyun forced Jungkook to answer but he was still silent, “Oh come on. I want to know the reason why you did it to me!”

“That’s because I was tired, okay” Jungkook bit his lips nervously, hope that Dahyun would buy his lie.

Dahyun scoffed, crossed her hands, “You did it only to me. I was visiting you and other members but you just walked out from your room. But Sana unnie told me you were greet my members happily. It’s not fair” She felt bitterness after remember what he did to her.

She was true.

He only did it to her.

Dahyun was asking him a couple of times but he still refused to answer. Finally Dahyun gave up, “I was wrong, and I promised not do it anymore” Jungkook smiled after he knew Dahyun had given up.

She pouted still upset.

“Hey” Jungkook called for her attention.

Dahyun turned her head at him, still wore upset expression, “What?”

Then Jungkook gave a serious look, “Do you know Daniel?”

Dahyun was taken a back because of hhis expression and his tone was so serious, she nodded, “Yes, we exchanged greetings if we met” Dahyun said, “Why?”

Again, Jungkook look at the river. Dahyun didn’t know what is so nteresting in that river that made Jungkook staring intensely at that.

“I heard from Sungwoon hyung.. that he likes you” Jungkook held his breath, make sure that the words came out with the right tone. He didn’t want to sound like jealous boy.

Dahyun chuckled, “Impossible” She grabbed her choco milk again then sipped it, “He just polite to everyone”

Jungkook hoped it was true. He didn’t want any competitor. He wanted to be only person to her.

“Don’t you know he is very popular? He had great personality too” Dahyun said, “Why do he has to like me?” She giggled because it didn’t make sense for her.

Why?

You are pretty.Even when you are only in pajamas and don’t wear make up like this.

You are cute. Even when you have red nose when you were crying.

You are kind. Always care about other people and you always smile.

You are everything.

You always nagged when didn’t take care my body or miss my meal or when I was practicing too hard.

You always listen my concern without judge me that I was wrong or not.

You are the reason I was losing sleep on my tight schedule but it’s all worth it.

 You are everything to me.

And I am never willing to share you to anybody.

I am too afraid to ruined our friendship, I just don’t want to take risk to lose you. Can you.. just look at me and fall for me too?

“Right” Jungkook sighed, “if anyone know you are always nagged they will runaway” Jungkook teased Dahyun.

I hope I can say nicer things to you.

I’m sorry.

Usually Dahyun would fight back but not this time, she laughed along, “I don’t have any plans to date someone right now” she said between her smiles. Jungkook stopped laughing, ready to listen carefuly, “This year our dating rules will ended, but I don’t think dating is necessary right now. Just thinking about tight schedule are already make me tired” she turned her head to Jungkook, want his opinion, “How about you? You are busier than me”

I want date someone. I want to date you.

But I am willing to wait.

Atleast you won’t be thinking about boys right now. I just have to stay your close friend until you want to be in relationship.

“Yes, of course. We are both busy” he forced a smile.

Then Dahyun’s phone rang in the middle of silent atmosphere

“Nayeon unnie?” Dahyun mumbled before pick up her phone, “Hello?”

Nayeon was calling to ask Dahyun if she was okay, because Dahyun didn’t reply her on Kakao Talk nor in group chat. Dahyun explained that she was outside to grab some food. The older female said that she will come to dorm at night to accompany Dahyun. Dahyun said she’s okay and Nayeon don’t have to worry about her, but Nayeon turn deaf and didn’t hear any of her sister complain. When Nayeon asked where is she, Dahyun glanced at Jungkook who was in deep thought.

“It’s okay. I’m with Jungkook oppa” Jungkook turned his head after hearing someone called his name.

“Hm?”

Nayeon asked to talk with Jungkook.

Dahyun asked Jungkook’s permission first because she knew that Jungkook and Nayeon didn’t really close. He didn’t really close with her member like with her but he’s comfortable enough in same room with them. But he was closer to her.

In Jungkook eyes, Nayeon was rather scary noona because she often threat Jungkook to treat Dahyun right because Dahyun is her sister to her and she didn’t want anyone to hurt one of her sisters.

“Nayeon unnie wants to speak to you”, Dahyun whispered.

The male gulped and then nodded. Dahyun chuckled seeing how nervous Jungkook was because of receiving a call from Nayeon, “Hello?” Jungkook didn’t want to sound so timid but it sounded exactly like that.

Jungkook-ah, thank you for playing with my dubu. Noona will treat you some coffee if we meet, okay?” Nayeon sounded relieved and grateful. Jungkook smiled slightly knew that one of her unnies was knd to him already. He felt like he obtained her permission.

“It’s okay noona. I accidentally met her when I was on my way to Yugyeom’s dorm” Jungkook said, confident this time, “I will drop her right to dorm. Don’t worry”

“Thank you~” Nayeon said over the phone, “Oh and Jungkook, Is he at your dorm? Because he didn’t answer my phone”.

Dahyun was watching Jungkook and Nayeon interaction over the phone and it was making her happy because Jungkook won’t so nervous around Nayeon anymore.

She remembered when dating news of Nayeon and Jungkook broke out. Both of the party just laughed it off because both BTS and Twice knew how Jungkook acted infront of Nayeon. Nayeon, herself didn’t know why Jungkook seemed scared of her.

“Ah, Yoongi hyung was on his studio I guess. Lately he’s very busy to prepare title track for our trainee that will debuting this year” Jungkook said.

He could heard Nayeon sighed, “Okay then. Have fun guys”  Then Nayeon hang up.

“I didn’t know that Nayeon noona could be this kind” Jungkook handed her phone to the owner.

Dahyun giggled, “What do you mean she could be this kind? My unnies are always kind you know” Jungkook protest that Dahyun was wrong taking the point, “I am happy you are not so nervous around her anymore”

Jungkook sighed, “I always nervous infront of girls. I can’t look them straight in the eyes”

Dahyun pointed her self, “Then how about me? You are always tease me and annoyed me”

Smiled, Jungkook even more, “I guess I never consider you as girl”

Again, I was saying that I don’t mean.

Dahyun crossed her hands and pouted, “Huh, I knew it!”

Why she is so cute?

Jungkook felt his heart cleanched and he felt butterflies on his stomach. And he didn’t feel any cold anymore. Maybe because of the heater, but now her cheeks redden.

“How about eat some soup? Honestly, bread didn’t satisfy my hunger. We can eat there. I know a good restaurant around here”, Jungkook was ready to start the engine but Dahyun sighed. Jungkook turned and found Dahyun was in upset expression again, “Why? Do you want another food?”

Dahyun shook her head, “No. Soup seems perfect. I want some too. But we can’t” she pouted.

Then Jungkook realized that they can’t eat in restaurant. The only safe place for them was at the car.

“If we are not celebrities, we can hang out freely. And no one gonna talk bad behind our back” She glanced at the frozen Jungkook. She was realized that Jungkook had blank expression, “Oh, if you want too, you we can take out, you know?” Dahyun suggested.

“How about chinesse food? Do you want jajangmyeon? Suddenly I am craving one” Jungkook smiled sweetly.

Dahyun smiled too and nodded.

Just wait until I have power to shut haters mouth. I will take you anywhere you like even in other side of world and we don’t have to hide anymor. Just wait for me.

--

Hi guys, now we know that Jungkook has feelings for Dahyun. Do you think she also has the same feeling about Jungkook?

Please leave comments and let me know if you like it or not.

I don't have time for edit so please excuse my grammar.

Happy reading :)