Chapter 01

My Idol Friend

Every year, idols and kpop artist usually have some time to rest after so much work for the entire year. November and December might be the busiest time for them. Mostly attending awards and year end programme, they have to overcome the tiredness and continue to work for about 3-4 days holiday to the max.

It’s not worth it, we all agree. They worked hard for the entire year living as busy idol with lack of sleep.

A member of Twice, Kim Dahyun felt grateful for the very short holiday that company gave to her. As we know a half of Twice members is foreigner. Sana, Momo and Mina decided to stay in Japan and the maknae, Tzuyu flew to Taiwan. The Korean members were all left the dorm to go to their home. Except Dahyun.

She whined because all of her family is not in Korea. Her parents went to Australia to spend chrismast there with her aunt, while her only brother serving military. She had no choice but to spent her rare and precious holiday in her dorm.

Even all of Twice managers and all of the staff have holiday too, so Dahyun is all alone.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” Nayeon asked her for the 938387357 times.

“Yup,” Dahyun nodded her head, pretending not to care that she will be left alone in dorm, “It’s okay unnie, don’t worry about me”

Nayeon bit her lips, “Why? You will be bored if you alone. And we are not leaving you just for one or two hours but for days”

Dahyun had to reassured them that she’s okay, but Jeongyeon started to speak, “If you think you’ll disturb our holiday with our family you were wrong, you know that right?” she asked with a soft tone.

“I’d love more if you come with me. My sisters already loved the thought you’ll be there for days,” Jihyo put down her suitcase.

Chaeyoung who sat beside Dahyun hug her waist, “You can come with me unnie,” she said with aegyo.

“I promise my dad will cook your favorite foods if you come with me,” Jeongyeon’s father is a famous chef and all of the members have eat his cooks once. Dahyun is the most vocal member that praising his cooks.

It sounds good but no, Dahyun can’t ruin their holidays because of her, “Unnie, it’s okay. Four days is not very long, it’ll pass quick. I’ll just sleep. You know how long I can sleep right?” Dahyun have to reassuring her members.

Fortunately the foreigners line were already leaving so they wouldn’t ask Dahyun to join them too. Especially Sana who was very close to Dahyun. If she was still here, she’ll go to Dahyun’s room, grabbed her passport and drag her out of the dorm and come to Osaka with her.

The older members were quiet, they were hesitant to force Dahyun to come with them, while Chaeyoung still whimpered to Dahyun.Dahyun just patted Chaeyoung’s hair.

The leader, Jihyo cleared and spoke, “Okay if you don’t want to leave with us, you have to make sure you’ll be fineuntil we are here. Got it?”

Dahyun pouted, “Unnie, I’m alreay an adult here.”

Jeongyeon ignored her pouty face and continued, “Don’t forget to eat too. If you don’t have anything to eat call me, I’ll come and eat with you”

Nayeon patted Dahyun’s soft cheeks. It already has a habit of Nayeon touching Dahyun’s cheeks because she thought it was soft like tofu, “If you are bored call me and I’ll run  immediately. Understand?”, rather than said with stern voice like Jihyo and Jeongyeon, Nayeon said it softly.

Dahyun nodded and walked to the main door, walking them go, “You should hurry, the driver must be tired of waiting”, Dahyun opened the door. All of them followed her.

“Give me a kiss”, Nayeon pointed her cheeks to Dahyun and Dahyun laughed awkwardly before kiss her unnie’s cheek.

Chaeyoung still whining because she already made a long list things to do with Dahyun to spend their holidays. Dahyun just hugged and patted her and promised to call her later.

All of them pushed by Dahyun to go out of the dorm before Jihyo said something, “Ah! Don’t forget to always lock the door”

Dahyun just showed a smile and whispered for hunderth times, “Okay”.

After two hours or more, finally Dahyun could lay his body on her bed. Tired reassuring her members that she’s okay by herself.

--

“Okay, okay”, Dahyun muttered, not opening her eyes while talking through the phone with one of her members, Sana.

”Don’t you know how worried I am when Jeongyeon told me that you are alone in dorm?”

She’s scolding Dahyun.

“Unnie, I’m fine by myself. Don’t worry” Dahyun was tired of saying the same thing to her members.

Why did you sound weak? Dahyun? Are you okay?” Dahyun could sense that Sana is very panic right now.

She cleared , “I’m fine. You just wake me up”, she yawned, opening her eyes slowly.

Yeah, Sana had already ruined her sleep. It’s better to wake and grab some food. Climbed out from the bed and wore her fluffy slippers, she walked to kitchen to check if its any food left in fridge.

“Okay then, unnie will comeback soon, okay? Want me to bring you something?” Sana finally gave up.

It’s not hard to make Dahyun happy. She loves food, and one of her favorite (and she never get bored eating it) is chocolate.

The younger girl smiled, while walking to kitchen, “Chocolate~” Dahyun sang cheerfully made Sana giggled at her cuteness. Sana promised to bring it to Dahyun and they ended their call.

She was happy of the thought of eating delicious chocolate, but her happiness stopped when she opened the fridge. There only some bottles of waters and some chicken . Most of her members were on diet so it’s not a rare sight that they had only chicken .

Closed the door, she sighed while sat of one chair nearby. She’s debating to call her manager to bring her some food or just call delivery to eat. But she had another idea, she would just buy it by herself.

--

She’s spending almost 15 minutes in convenient store near her dorm, looking for food (mostly snacks) to put in to the carrier. She thought, the more the better because she won’t go outside the dorm again. And because this is her holiday, she’s taking a rest for her diet too.

Eventhough it’s 9 a.m, it was really quiet. Maybe because the weather was too cold? People surely smart by keep staying on their home. Because she was in a rush, she only wore her hoodie and pajamas withouth padding jacket, but Dahyun didn’t forget to wear her mask to cover half of her face.

After the second carrier was full, Dahyun decided to pay to cashier. The employee looked shocked of the snacks that she bought but he didn’t say anything. After she pay and walked out from the store, Dahyun received another call.

She hissed, thought that it must be from her member again. She answered the phone without bothering to look the contact name, “Hello?”

Are you still in Japan?

Dahyun’s brows knitted. A male voice. Then she read the contact name.

Jungkook oppa

She rolled her eyes, regretting her stupidness for not reading the contact name before pick up the phone.

She wasn’t in a good terms with Jungkook now. The reason was... well she didn’t now actually.

One day they were still chat normally, but out of sudden, Jungkook was giving her cold shoulders. Not only in their chatting, but also when they met on year end festival.

Infront of the camera they were pretending to not know each other and acted like strangers. But behind the camera, they were close friends. Not only BTS and Twice but all of the idols. The industry made them become like this. Fans would hate it if their idols interacted with another idols, especially with opposite gender.

“Dahyun?” Jungkook’s voice made Dahyun realized that he’s still on the phone.

“Yeah?”

She could hear that Jungkook had sighed, “Are you still in Japan?” He asked the same question.

Dahyun tried to continue her walk with three big plastic bags of her snacks in one hand, “Ugh”, that was too heavy for her, “No, no”

Dahyun was hoping that Jungkook would end his call so she will return to dorm, “By any chance...” Jungkook sounded unsure, “Are you wearing white hoodie and pajamas pants infront of convenient store?”

Dahyun shocked, “Huh?” She checked her outfit, “How did you know?”

Jungkook sighed, “So it was really you”, he sounded cold, “Just stay there”. He hang up the call.

Dahyun looked more confused and it made her stop from walking. She mumbled ‘how did he know’ repeatedly until a black car with tinted windows appeared beside her.

“Come in”, she heard Jungkook’s voice after he rolled the window.

Dahyun still remembered how cold he was a couple week past, and he hadn’t apologized nor explained why did he do that to her, “It’s okay. I can walk” Dahyun tried to smile and grabbed her plastic bags again but she heard Jungkook hissed.

“Just get in” he growled.

Dahyun whimpered because she’s so damn weak of Jungkook. Jungkook already open the passanger seat beside him for Dahyun while Dahyun put the snacks on the back seat.

“Why are you so stupid for not wearing padding jacket in this cold weather?!” Jungkook barked right after Dahyun climbed up and close the door.

“Why are you like this, really?” Dahyun snapped while take off her mask.

Jungkook just clenching the wheel and pretended not hearing her frustation.

“Do you realized that you are the one who ignored me? Why are you suddenly appear and got mad at me?” Dahyun was on verge of crying. She was very angry at Jungkook.

Jungkook glanced at Dahyun and he found tears were forming in her eyes. He sighed, feeling so upset that he made the girl cry.

“And now you were calling me because I didn’t even wear padding jacket? What’s wrong with you? Really..”

“I’m sorry, Hyun-ah” Jungkook pulled Dahyun’s small body into a hug. The girl didn’t reject and let Jungkook hug her. She was relieved that she heard soft tone from his voice and also the nickname he called her.

“Next time, tell me why did you upset rather than got mad at me”, Dahyun was still crying and hit Jungkook’s back.

Jungkook was patting her hair, “Okay, I got it”.

After Dahyun wiggled to free herself from the boy’s body, Jungkook looked at her red nose and chuckled, “You look like reindeer with red nose”

“Because of who?” Dahyun wiped her tears, “But really, you have to tell me why did you get mad!”

Jungkook bit his lips and started driving his car, “I’m very hungry right now. Have you eat? Do you want to grab some food?” Jungkook changed the topic.

“Jeon Jungkook”, Dahyun gritted her teeth.

“It’s oppa for you, kid” Jungkook’s attention was on the road.

Dahyun knew very well that Jungkook was very care about honorifics and he will make a fuss if she didn’t call him ‘oppa’ eventough he just 8 months older than her.

The boy glanced at her nervously because Dahyun still sulked, “Okay okay, after we eat. Okay?”

Eventhough Dahyun was very curious, but she’s also hungry. So they were agreed.

He must be have a good reason to treated me like that!

My first chapter of this fanfiction.

I hope you like it J